Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why can't Trung be more like Travis Henry?

Originally posted by SlinginSammy

That would be nice, but do you think Buffalo would stake it's future on McGahee or is Henry a UFA?

Surprisingly yes, the fans in Buffalo seem to think that henry is garbage & that McGahee will be the next OJ (on the field) for them.

IMO, he will be available for a 1st rd pick & if we trade champ, we would have 2 first rounders.....

TH runs hard and gets positive yardage every play. Trung will get a 12 yard run followed by 3 yards on 3 runs. It's not the average. It's what you do each play. the YPC can be deceiving and look at what Trung has done overall the last 5 games. He had a good game, but it can't compare to what TH does week in and week out.

Yes, Henry has more TDs. Canidate doesn't play on the goaline.

Henry also has more fumbles.

Also for the season, they both have averaged below 3.0 yards per carry 3 times this year. And over 5.0 yards per carry... 4 times each.

They have pretty similiar stats, Henry does have the edge in terms of overall stuff. But mainly b/c we rotate backs and they do not.

Henry runs harder. That's why he's better. I've never seen Trung run with power like TH does. Trung goes down easier. Henry leaped over a defender on the ground with a guy on his back. That was amazing to watch. Trung's big runs come from finding the holes and shooting through them. Henry blazes a trail if there are no holes. Henry does things a guy his size isn't supposed to do. Because HE HAS HEART!

I think the real question is why cant Travis Henry be more like Trung, cause then we would be 6-7, man did Henry destroy us that game.

Trung does the right things like lower the shoulder and stuff to run tough, he just needs to put on some damn weight. He's so light. If he put on like 15 pounds he'd be sick.

Do they have different styles? Yes they do.

But lets not confuse ripping up our 25th rated running defence and ripping up the Jets 30th rated running defence with something special.

The Jets give up almost 150 yards per game rushing, they've made a lot of RBs look good.

My point is this... Henry is just another guy, Canidate is just another guy. I don't think either of them are going to move into the leagues elite anytime soon.

The only difference in their styles is Henry isn't fragile. Henry is better than Trung. There's no argument. And just another guy has two consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Trung couldn't do that here even with 20 carries a game because for every 20-100 performance he'd follow it with 3 20-45 performances. Henry has had a couple bad games, but overall he's been better. Until Trung can play like he has any strength the guy isn't the answer. Henry wouldn't win a popularity contest based on name recognition, but back to back 1,000 yard seasons should get you recognition as part of the uper tier of RBs.

I saw Trung get tackled by a gust of wind for a two yard loss.

For some reason I am getting the feeling that this team will draft a RB in the first round of next years draft.

The lineman will be pushed further on down and we will take an impact running back.

I just think they are not happy with Trung and Ladell and both could be cut next year.

Originally posted by marhobo2

He didn't go to school at Tennessee.

If you are talking about Travis Henry, he did attend Tennessee

Running back

Height: 5-9

Weight: 215

College: Tennessee

Years in NFL: 3

How Acquired: '01 Draft (2nd round)

Birthdate: 10/29/1978

Birthplace: Frostproof, FL

Residence: Frostproof, FL

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/playerpage.cfm?player_id=33940

Yawnnnnnn.

And fans then criticize Snyder for making offseaason moves that are then considered dumb.

How about our system?

I dont see smashmouth here just a series of draws and pitches.

Trung is not being utilized correctly on a consistent basis and neither is Scoots morton when he is in.

Call plays that take advantage of his speed and make the defenses chase him sideline to sideline to wear them out.

Archived