Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parking options: 2017 games

GloryDaze

Where should I park for a Redskins game at Fedex Field? I've never gone before, but I'm going to the opener against the Eagles this year.

Which parking lot (Redzone -- Belle Haven Drive, D & E -- Redskins Road, F & G -- Arena Drive, A & H -- Garrett Morgan Boulevard) would have the fastest departure time heading North towards BWI after a Redskins game?

And how much time should I allow if I stay to the end of a close game?

How early do the cash lots (Jericho City of Praise Church lot, Arena Plaza Shopping Center on Brightseat Road, other) fill up? When should I get there? Are there other lots?

How fast do the cash lots empty vs. the official FedEx Field lots?

HTTR & Thanks!

2 hours ago, GloryDaze said:

Which parking lot (Redzone -- Belle Haven Drive, D & E -- Redskins Road, F & G -- Arena Drive, A & H -- Garrett Morgan Boulevard) would have the fastest departure time heading North towards BWI after a Redskins game?

I would imagine the RedZone lot would get you out the fastest to go north.  RedZone lot opens up one hour earlier than the other stadium lots and the ES tailgate is in the RedZone as well.  BTW, after the game, you are NOT allowed to turn right upon exiting the redzone lot (IE you can not head towards the stadium).   I would recommend using WAZE or some other gps that takes into account traffic to get yourself to BWI.

I live just outside of Arundel Mills. The Redzone lot is the quickest lot to get out of. Since you come out of the back of lot. Stay on MLK until route 50. Then you can either take 50 to the beltway or 50 to 97 to 32. I find coming to games from the north it is faster to go 32-97-50 than driving down the parkway. 

I am normally pulling into my parking lot about 30-40mins after I leave the stadium. Now I do have lower level seats and the redzone lot is right behide my seats so I get to my car pretty quickly. I have never waited more the 5 mins to get out of the lot. 

1 minute ago, pjfootballer said:

My Mom has a parking pass in the Grey Lot.  It's been pretty easy in and out, back on the beltway heading south to Waldorf.

How early do I need to arrive to get a spot in the Grey Lot if I want to pay cash? I did not see any of these parking passes for sale on the standard websites.

Just now, GloryDaze said:

How early do I need to arrive to get a spot in the Grey Lot if I want to pay cash? I did not see any of these parking passes for sale on the standard websites.

That I don't know.  She pays for it with her tickets, plus she uses the disabled parking in there and takes the shuttle to the stadium.  I go with her sometimes (once a year or every other year) as I live in South Carolina and now she lives in PA.  She said this is her last year for tickets (age and distance).

20 minutes ago, GloryDaze said:

It's a pretty long walk from the stadium to.the Grey lot. Snag a Redzone pass if you can.

• 3 weeks later...

Postscript: Went to the game yesterday -- ugh the team did not look sharp. But, the parking went well. We parked in the RedZone lot -- arriving around 10:00am. There were a lot of spaces even until 11:00am, when we headed to the stadium. I liked the concert and the atmosphere. We left our seats in the upper deck right before the end of the game (after the last Eagles' TD) and walked down the ramp. Even with that departure time, the traffic was relatively light and we had plenty of time after the game before heading towards BWI. We got to a destination in Silver Spring by 5:00pm. Conclusion: RedZone lot is a good option.

Archived