Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSsports.com: Redskins Team Considered Best Ever

srtman04

On 1/27/2017 at 10:26 AM, NoCalMike said:

I remember too there was an episode of the Simpsons before the Superbowl where Lisa becomes a sports-betting guru and wins for Homer and the writers of the show had her pick the 'Skins to beat Buffalo.  Being a kid at the time I was already a fan of The Simpsons but that was a memorable moment from the early days of the show.

Another great scene from the same episode

42 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Did anyone see this video on NFL.com about Charlie Casserly talking about the '91 Skins and if were not for those 2 narrow losses.....they would be among truly the greatest team of all time?

Casserly's right about that, but he gives himself too much credit in that interview, for a guy who was only really great as an assistant GM. 

Glancing at the roster, that team was mostly assembled by Bobby Beathard. 

On 2/5/2017 at 0:32 PM, srtman04 said:

Did anyone see this video on NFL.com about Charlie Casserly talking about the '91 Skins and if were not for those 2 narrow losses.....they would be among truly the greatest team of all time?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000781244/Casserly-The-91-Redskins-are-the-most-underrated-Super-Bowl-champion

I think it's very fair to say that if we had shown up against Dallas in November, we would have run the table. I know that anything can change...maybe added pressure of completing a perfect season wears on the team. I also think that Gibbs in the early-1990s was a perfect coach to handle that type of pressure. 

Clearly, a win over Dallas would have resulted in a win in the finale. I think the starters came out leading 19-7 before ultimately losing 24-22. 

Archived