Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

117th-Army—Navy Game Thread (2016)

RemoveSnyder

We can score points this year, but we also can't stop people from scoring.

If it wasn't in Baltimore I'd like our chances.  We'll see.

I'm sure our coaching staff can't wait to throw two interceptions in the last 3 minutes of the game when we have the number 1 rushing attack in the country.  But I digress. lol

Going for 15 consecutive wins in a row. Two weeks ago this looked like a slam dunk. However, with Navy's staring QB Will Worth out and key injuries to additional starters at HB and Wingback, Navy doesn't have the same firepower. In addition, missing a week of prep for the classic will likely also take its toll. 

My wife's good friend and co-worker has a son at the Naval Academy, one at West Point, and her youngest is going to West Point next year.  She's at the game (her husband was Army then Secret Service), so she's split on today's game (of course, they are there).

I usually root for navy, as I grew up near Annapolis. Like to see Army finally get on this year.

5 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

First score of the game. Army with a fullback dive -- 30X, Touchdown. Extra point good. 

Army leads 7 - 0. 

4:23 remains in the 1st quarter. 

You didn't include the fight song

Just now, Monk4thaHALL said:

Easy now. I don't know if he's playing, but #28 -- Dishan Romine is a dangerous returner. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BALL GAME SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Monk4thaHALL said:

Need to get back to running the ball up the gut with the FB. **** was working first drive. 

He obviously doesn't know all of the reads in the veer which is why they are doing the pistol and a few other formations.  Easier reads and it threw Army off.  Not sure how many of those they have though and there is only so much you can do there.

Archived