Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

117th-Army—Navy Game Thread (2016)

RemoveSnyder

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

This was probably a game worth the 100 or how much it was going for on Stubhub. Should have been there. Oh well. Good game.

I wasat the game in 2000 in Bmore... that place is a wind tunnel.  Would've been miserable.

But I will say 100 bucks is a steal

Just now, ixcuincle said:

I Was at gameday and it was overwhelmingly Navy biased but Army did have a strong showing. And that shwoing is out on the field right now. 

I mean Annapolis is like 20 miles away lol

And as we always say (even in victory) this game means a lot more to them.

28 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I wasat the game in 2000 in Bmore... that place is a wind tunnel.  Would've been miserable.

But I will say 100 bucks is a steal

I had season tix for Skins when they played at FedEx. I got to buy seats in club (cadets had my EZ seats).  It was a bucket lister for sure. We fumbled that game away. 

27 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I mean Annapolis is like 20 miles away lol

And as we always say (even in victory) this game means a lot more to them.

Little brother syndrome. 

48 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Punting the ball with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter and only one timeout seemed questionable at the time but clearly a mistake by Niumatalolo in hindsight. 

You really think they were getting that first down?

Play the odds.  That was the only scoring drive of the half the series prior. 

27 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I had season tix for Skins when they played at FedEx. I got to buy seats in club (cadets had my EZ seats).  It was a bucket lister for sure. We fumbled that game away. 

Little brother syndrome. 

Yeah I had tix that year, too (Skins, not Army-Navy, I wanted to take my Grandpa to the game but he had just had hip surgery and thought it would be too cold.  He graduated from the Naval Academy in '52)..

I remember I had something to do that weekend cause I gave the Pats tix for the next day to one of my friends from work who is from Boston.

I think that was 2011.

I'd go again for sure.  Not many other places you just see military royalty lounging around with Joe like that.

I can say when my grandmother passed away a few years back, I went to the Naval Academy with one of the Admirals I'd worked for previously and the dudes in the archives in Annapolis burned me a DVD of the 1948 Army-Navy game, which was where my grandparents met.  I will be eternally grateful for that.  I remember I couldn't wait to give that DVD to my grandpa after it was burnt.  I drove straight to his house on my way home from work and we sat and watched it twice the whole way through.

Archived