Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RTD - Fellowship of the ring: Kirk Cousins, Andy Dalton found success under Jay Gruden

TSO

Thought I'd help get the thread creation on Kirk started since locking the other thread with this good article. :) 

http://www.richmond.com/redskins-xtra/article_75695f8d-416e-52ba-a2c3-14330494176c.html

ASHBURN - The pregame scene on Sunday morning will be extra friendly before the Washington Redskins meet the Cincinnati Bengals.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden got his job after serving as the offensive coordinator in Cincinnati under Marvin Lewis, and Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins cited Bengals signal-caller Andy Dalton as an inspiration - in more ways than one.

Cousins praised Dalton’s skill as a passer, but also noted that he was the first NFL quarterback to wear a special rubber wedding ring while playing.

Asked about the connection Wednesday, Cousins, like Dalton, cited his Christian faith in his decision to wear the ring during practices and games.

“I think it’s a good thing to promote marriage,” said Cousins. “I really enjoy being married. It’s been a blessing to be married. My wife’s been a huge support to me, and I want people not to be afraid of marriage but to be excited about it and to be thrilled about that opportunity if God gives them that opportunity.”

The quarterbacks have shared similar success on the field in recent weeks as well — Dalton has passed for 366 yards in each of the last two games, and Cousins is coming off his best two games of the season.

“I see a lot of similarities between Kirk and Andy,” said Lewis. “I think they both do an incredible job at the line of scrimmage surveying the defense and getting in and out of the right plays. You see the Redskins doing a lot of play changes at the line of scrimmage, which is what Andy has been so good at.”

click on the link for more

Definitely read the entire article, it's good stuff and there's a lot more than just the above. Here's another part of the article that had me cracking up thinking about it: 

Those close to Gruden on Sundays know he employs a colorful vocabulary, while his quarterbacks in recent years haven’t. Gruden said he’s never heard Cousins curse.

“The same with Dalton,” Gruden said. “I actually put a curse word in a play one time for Dalton, just to hear it, but he wouldn’t say it anyway.”

:ols: 

I think we should wait until after Sunday's game to make a new Cousins thread.  

It should have the most trollish, hot-take title possible.  My suggestions are:
(if we lose) Does Kirk have a future in the NFL?
(if we win) Why Kirk Cousins is the next Tom Brady

15 hours ago, Tsailand said:

I think we should wait until after Sunday's game to make a new Cousins thread.  

It should have the most trollish, hot-take title possible.  My suggestions are:
(if we lose) Does Kirk have a future in the NFL?

Nah. If you're gonna go, go all out. How bout  "**** Cousins" :silly:

Archived