Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)

SWFLSkins

36 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

If Quick is our 3rd best WR, we've got some issues.  Rams fans seem surprised any team was willing to pay him money.

I'll stand by the reality that Jeff Fisher kills offensive players, particularly WRs and Quick toiled in a horrible spot.  Think of him as a 6'4", 200+lb, speedster with 5 years of experience on extremely fresh legs who can't wait to thrive in a real offense.     

20 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Not too many WRs look good in a bad offense with a bad QB. I think he'll prove to be a good value signing. By your third sentence, I take it you believe Doctson will absolutely be above him on the depth chart. IMO, that remains to be seen. 

Well Kenny Britt had just over 1,000 yards for them.  He got a 4 year 32.5 million deal in FA.  But point taken about offensive and their QB.  He's signed for the minimum with just 80,000 guaranteed.  It's absolutely a good value signing since there's basically zero risk.

But yeah, I'm going from trying to be cautiously optimistic, to being plain optimistic that he'll produce.  It's a problem.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, RandyHolt said:

Maybe a mod can update the thread title and strip out the now outdated placed on IR reference. It's bad juju.

Is it wrong to already start planning on when to draft him for my annual skins heavy fantasy team? 

Absolutely not all I play are MFL10's and have drafted 10 times already with Redskins on them. In those where it's ppr and start 3 WR's Doctson's ADP is after round 10. Good target to draft if he can stay healthy

19 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

If we draft another tall and physical receiver in the first 3 rounds then I'm more than convinced it's because Kirk is gone because that would give at least 4 safer options to ease in a new guy. 

I am wavering on this idea that they will draft a WR in the early rounds where as before I thought it was a certainty we would because of the one year deals but you have to think about it. Is this our first round pick?

Crowder is the Slot WR he isn't getting competition there

Pryor is the Y receiver on the out side

Doctson and Quick will be the X slash flanker outside receiver

So we have no need here this year except....

Crowder was drafted in 15 so we have him for one more season

Pryor is on a one year deal

Doctson was drafted in 16 so we have him for two more seasons with the possibility of a third one

Quick is on a one year deal

After the 17 season we will be in the same spot we were this offseason. So drafting someone makes sense, but we have no need this year we think for that. Not sure how Cousins changes this any. I think it's 60-40% we will draft a receiver in the first two rounds, more likely then not but that was 90% before

On March 30, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Burgold said:

I hope Maurice Harris surprises and contributes too. I don't know how good he can be, but at the very least the man has very good hands. Caught everything thrown at him and some were pretty tough catches. 

I know nothing about the guy. But I'm a firm believer that the best thing you can say about a receiver is "he catches the ball". 

Archived