Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Why can't we have nice things?"

hail2skins

Because quite simply, if you dont surround yourself with good people, you cant have nice things.

Take your a crappy mechanic?  You wont have nice things.  Go buy from a store thats massively overpriced and sells stuff that breaks?  No matter how much money you have, you wont have nice things.  Have Jay Gruden and Joe Barry as your coaches?  You cant have nice things.

There is one problem left with this organization, and its the last holdover of the pre-Scotty Mac era.  Thats the HC and his ilk.  I didnt like it when they hired him, I didnt even like him last year, as I thought he rode KCs hot streak to keeping his job, when if we finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs he would have been out.  I really do hope we turn it around and he proves me wrong, but it looks like he may have just bought another year to hang himself.  Anytime you have coaches that A. Pass the ball on 78% of plays, and B. Refuse to put their top player on the other teams top receiver, and say its impossible, people dont do it, and then immediately do it afterwords admitting they were either lying or clueless, you will struggle to win no matter the talent.

I still have faith, as the rest of you should, it with Scotty is doing. I mean, we are literally at the very beginning of year 2 of a complete roster overhaul. In year 1 of a complete roster overhaul, we went on an improbable playoff campaign. Bad division or not, we most likely overachieved last season. Our GM has a proven track record of success with multiple teams. It took the 49ers 4 years to start being consistently competitive after Scotty arrived. Again, we are in year 2. If we finish the season around 8-8, it will have been a success. Of course, we all want more, as do I. It'll take the man time to turn this thing around, and I do think we are well on our way.

Doctson and Cravens have promise, but are both rookies. Reed, Scherff, Smith, Breeland, Crowder, Jones, Jarrett were all excellent picks, although we'd like to see more from Jones, and Jarrett suffered a freak injury. We are building a young, talented team. We just aren't there yet.

Some of you need to pop a few xanax and relax. The sky isn't falling. We'll get there.

10 hours ago, Koala said:

Because, we break nice things.  See: RG3. 

We didn't break RG3, he was just a very bad pick. The guy is as fragile as Hollywood glass. He's also seemingly a primadona who doesn't have what it takes to be a successful NFL QB. If tweeting and writing corny ass Instagram poems equated to success, he might have a few wins under his belt. Alas, it is not so.

Archived