Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Dark Souls III Thread - All Platforms (PC, XB1, PS4) - No Spoilers

Dont Taze Me Bro

It's finally here everyone.  I ended up buying this one on Xbox One.  Started the download last night when I went to bed, woke up and it was installed.  

Feel free to share templates/builds, tips, etc.  If someone asks for help on how to defeat a boss, please put the answer in spoiler tags so it doesn't ruin the experience for those that want to figure it out for themselves.

I've put "No Spoilers" in the title, hopefully that will do the trick.  As far as builds, general game play, mechanics, your progress or advancement, etc. feel free to discuss. Just don't openly post secrets or how to kill the bosses.

I'm not gonna get to start playing until 5:30 tonight.  I've also not done my research on builds/templates/weapons, so lets open up with that.

What builds/weapons have you researched and heard were the best?  Which are the easiest for beginners, which ones are more for vets?  What attributes should one go for in each class?  Best classes?

Share what platform you're playing on and your gamertag.  I'm on XB1 - gamertag is DontTazeMeBro75 (to those I've added in the past, I changed it last night from Gumby6971).

I bought the Collector's Edition on PS4. Just waiting for it to get here (Out for delivery).

From what I understand, sorceries and miracles are severely gimped early on. I'm thinking of doing a pure strength build with my eyes on the Fume Ultra Greatsword.

There is a crystal lizard beast you can farm in the opening area.  It yields 4000 souls and one titanite scale if you can kill it.  It is hard as **** though and almost unbeatable starting out.  There of course is a way since it's a Souls game :D

Cheap way to kill it is to lure it out and keep your distance so it does its roll attack.  Basically, you pull it all the way to the cliff and get medium distance from the beast and it will roll attack and fall off the cliff and you get the souls and scale.  Good way to level up attributes early on.

Thought you could farm this thing, but apparently you can't.  I went to other areas and back and it is the only monster that did not respawn.  Either way, it got me 4000 souls to level up with in a matter of minutes.

I always roll with the Deprived. It makes the early going a bit more difficult but I like having maximum control over stat allocation. I will say it's been tough unlearning the Bloodborne mechanics. I have died my fair share of times due to not having the regain system that I had grown accustomed to and forgetting that I actually have a shield.

I put about an hour and a half in so far. I've made it to the second bonfire at the High Wall of Lothric but have yet to kill a silver knight. The life of the Deprived.....

I'm loving the throwbacks to DS1 so far (Andre!).

I picked this up over the weekend. I haven't had a ton of time to play yet, but love what I have seen so far. I went with a pryo this time around, normally just go with strength builds, so it will be a fun change of pace. The parry seems a little slow so need to work on that one.

I picked this up over the weekend. I haven't had a ton of time to play yet, but love what I have seen so far. I went with a pryo this time around, normally just go with strength builds, so it will be a fun change of pace. The parry seems a little slow so need to work on that one.

Yeah, I haven't played the past 4 or 5 days, but it's a fun game.  I started a warrior and like it a lot.  Still on the second part of the High Wall of Lothric.

Sniped the huge dragon with around 75-80 arrows from the stairwell (out of range of his fire breath) and got the Claymore.  Then beat the Mimic for the Deep Battle Axe.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived