Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rules question that just popped into my head

carex

suppose there is a fumble and it is a legit turnover and then during the automatic review the officials see a penalty they missed, say the fumbling player was facemasked for example

What happens?

They can't add a penalty or anything... They can't change anything that isn't reviewable.

I assume this was related to the long pass that Riley dropped, Chip challenged, and the refs inexplicably missed a blatant holding call on Kerrigan...

They can't add a penalty or anything... They can't change anything that isn't reviewable.

I assume this was related to the long pass that Riley dropped, Chip challenged, and the refs inexplicably missed a blatant holding call on Kerrigan...

actually it was in regards to a replay on the broadcast of a tackle, there was contact to the facemack briefly on a tackle and I wondered what would have happened if he'd grabbed it and there'd been a review

12 men on the field is the only penalty I think is reviewable.

Illegal touching as well. If a receiver steps out of bounds and is the first one to touch it. They can call that after looking at a replay and seeing the receiver step out.

Also, they could reverse a pass interference call if they see on replay the ball was tipped before the contact.

Archived