Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many more games must we win for Gruden to return in 2016?

Riggo-toni

I want Jay back the team is getting better and Jay made the big decision to play Cousins which has been the biggest reason the team has improved, not the only reason but the biggest reason.  I hope he can get us a couple of more wins and double last years total but Jay has already done enough for me to want him back. 

Jay made the big decision to play Cousins which has been the biggest reason the team has improved, not the only reason but the biggest reason.

I agree.  According to Keim this bought Grunden tons of credit in the locker room.  Yet another reason why he deserves to be back.  He decided the best players play, stuck to his guns, and it is paying off*

*This is not a commentary regarding RG3, please don't take it as such.

I agree. According to Keim this bought Grunden tons of credit in the locker room. Yet another reason why he deserves to be back. He decided the best players play, stuck to his guns, and it is paying off*

Everyone refers to the move that settled him in the locker room, but he has been doing tons of move s like this one. Guys like jarrett, will compton, crowder, the Scherff move to guard... Trenton Robinson over Jeron...

Playing the guys that contribute and produce on the field with no regard of their contracts will get you support from the locker room. They'll know if they play their butts off will get them on the field on sunday. And those that are demoted know they have to work harder. And most of the time they will.

I agree.  According to Keim this bought Grunden tons of credit in the locker room.  Yet another reason why he deserves to be back.  He decided the best players play, stuck to his guns, and it is paying off*

The one possible downside to that is a functioning unit building chemistry.

By switching players every week or so, there's no chance to develop a chemistry, especially in the o-line. I'm wondering if that has some play in the running game's drop-off in production?

don't get me wrong, I get the idea of playing the best player; but it has good & bad results. 

Everyone refers to the move that settled him in the locker room, but he has been doing tons of move s like this one. Guys like jarrett, will compton, crowder, the Scherff move to guard... Trenton Robinson over Jeron...

Playing the guys that contribute and produce on the field with no regard of their contracts will get you support from the locker room. They'll know if they play their butts off will get them on the field on sunday. And those that are demoted know they have to work harder. And most of the time they will.

Totally.  I was mainly referring to the accountability that they guys are being held to now.  I think that the biggest move was playing Cousins over Griff.  I have no basis for this but I believe that everyone on that team felt that because Griff was Snyder's boy that he would play no matter what.  From what I read from Keim a lot of players privately felt that Cousins was the better choice, which gave him the most credibility.

The one possible downside to that is a functioning unit building chemistry.

By switching players every week or so, there's no chance to develop a chemistry, especially in the o-line. I'm wondering if that has some play in the running game's drop-off in production?

don't get me wrong, I get the idea of playing the best player; but it has good & bad results. 

Absolutely, but guys who are constantly playing to their assignments and producing on the field should gel faster in theory.  It seems like not only has the defense not missed a beat when Compton got promoted but it has actually performed much better imo.  As far as the oline goes we really didn't have much of a choice to shuffle the chairs on the deck and with the inexperience of 80% of our line we are just going to have to ride out the growing pains.

On a side note, I think it is pretty funny how most people last year wanted Lauvao cut and were spitting hot fire at Allen for signing him and this year it appears that he was the glue that held our running game together.

Archived