Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Overcome Third Quarter Struggles To Spur On Comeback

The good:

1) They found a way to win.

2) Cousins didn't have an interception.

3) They showed a lot more discipline than their opponent.

4) They had a great 3rd quarter for the 1st time this year.

5) They have 2 weeks to get some of the key players back from injury.

The Ugly:

1) They were down by 24 points in the 1st half to a bad team, what is going to happen against NE?

2) The run game is non-existent.

3) The D is not doing well - teams seem to have adjusted to our scheme.

4) They had problems containing a rookie QB.

Over the next 2 weeks they need to step back and figure out how to reduce the ugly, but the win makes today great.

Not going to sugar coat this... Washington Redskins have the most spoiled fans in the NFL. They wouldn't know patience if it smack them in the face. People expect alot out of a team in rebuilding mode, expect a qb to never struggle or to throw an interception, and are so unknowledgeable of the game all they see is what our team is doing and not the fact that the other team gets paid to play professional football, have good coaches, have stock piles of high draft players who can play and execute too.

It's unrealistic the expectations. I haven't posted here for a couple of weeks and like Kirk Cousins I have been watching HGTV and listening to NPR.

Not going to sugar coat this... Washington Redskins have the most spoiled fans in the NFL. They wouldn't know patience if it smack them in the face. People expect alot out of a team in rebuilding mode, expect a qb to never struggle or to throw an interception, and are so unknowledgeable of the game all they see is what our team is doing and not the fact that the other team gets paid to play professional football, have good coaches, have stock piles of high draft players who can play and execute too.

It's unrealistic the expectations. I haven't posted here for a couple of weeks and like Kirk Cousins I have been watching HGTV and listening to NPR.

Well, would you look at this, you and I agreeing....  :-)    Seriously, I could not agree more. I have to admit after the last few games I was starting to waver. Yesterday convinced me we need to stay the course. Good or bad, I am ready to support both Cousins and Gruden through the end of the year.

Back to some of the fans - I actually saw people saying they hoped we lost so Cousins would get benched or JG would get fired. I just don't get that. We all knew coming in this was going to be a tough season, and that's without all the injuries. And that next man up **** is ****ing garbage, that per many NFL professional players. I just heard James Lofton and Bugger MacFarland both say the same thing on NFL Sirius Radio. They make the point if the guy playing behind someone was as good or better they would already be starting.

Having said that, you need to have the depth that some injuries don't hurt you. But in terms of lost starter games, we are averaging MORE THAN 11 GUYS OUT PER GAME!!!!  That's half the ****ing team!!  And please, spare me the one time in 20 yrs were someone survived such losses. Yet we are now 3-4. Someone did some research and we have faced collectively a harder group of Defenses than any team in the NFL. 2 top 5 Ds and several others in the top 10. Even TB was 15th!

We have some building blocks of a good team and I am now convinced after the creativity shown yesterday that we have the right coaching staff.

BTW: About Cousins - The other QB is that draft? Check out the comparisons:

Yesterday:

Cousins - 33-40 for 82% - 317 yds - 3TDs 0 Ints - 1 Sack - 1 Rush TD I lost Fumble - 124.7 QBR

Luck - 23-44 for 52.3% - 333 yds - 3TDs, 2 Ints - 4 sacks - 0 Rush TD - 0 lost Fumbles - 81 QBR

Season:

Cousins - 184-268 for 68.7% - 248 yds/gm - 9TDs 8 Ints - 8 Sack - 2 Rush TD I lost Fumble - 85.1 QBR

Luck - 118-210 for 56.2% - 279.6 yds/gm - 11TDs, 9 Ints - 12 sacks (7 the last 2 gms) - 0 Rush TD - 1 lost Fumble - 76.2 QBR

Tannehill - 137-219 for 62.9% - 271.3 yds/gm - 13TDs, 7Ints - 16 sacks - 0 Rush TD - 1 lost Fumble - 91.7 QBR

Wilson - 142-204for 69.6% - 238.3 yds/gm - 8TDs, 5 Ints - 31 sacks - 0 Rush TD - 2 lost Fumbles - 

96.2 QBR.

So what's the excuse for Luck? He has started since day one. And don't say no run game. Since the 1st 2 gms our run game has been non-existent. It's not a worse Def - We are 17th in pts/gm at 24 and Indy is 20th with 24.9.

Edit: Per the request, I added Ryan Tannehill and Russell Wilson, just the season. It's pretty interesting. They are all fairly similar.

I would seriously give all my ''Likes'' to your post if I could. Great breakdown on 2012 qbs, Wison and Tannehill would be interesting to see their comparison though with Wilson his stats will look good even if the team's record isn't great. I think Luck is hurt more than he's admitting but Pagano's job may be in jeopardy so he's playing Luck hoping for a turnaround.

And to imagine the way we used to bicker! Hahaha!

I would seriously give all my ''Likes'' to your post if I could. Great breakdown on 2012 qbs, Wison and Tannehill would be interesting to see their comparison though with Wilson his stats will look good even if the team's record isn't great. I think Luck is hurt more than he's admitting but Pagano's job may be in jeopardy so he's playing Luck hoping for a turnaround.

And to imagine the way we used to bicker! Hahaha!

Check above, I added Ryan and Russell. It's pretty interesting, especially considering all 3 of those guys have played almost every snap since day one.

One serious point that everyone seems to be overlooking is that the Bucs were coming off a bye, just like the Jets were in our previous game. That's back-to-back games for us where our opponent has an extra week to gameplan for us. Now, unfortunately for us, our bye is pretty much wasted because I don't think any amount of extra gameplanning would be enough to stop Mr. Brady. I made the mistake of attending our last meeting in Foxborough and unless we get healthy quick, this game could be deja vu.

Anyway, my ADD observations:

-This offense NEEDS Jordan Reed

-This injury bug is killing us

-Kirk, well f*king done! #1 rated passer this weekend

-Will Compton is terrible... another big run right by him 

-Most underrated play of the game was Breeland running down Doug Martin on the aforementioned run, which prevented the TD

-I'm not complaining, but we got quite a few questionable calls go our way late in the game

-Crowder is shaping up to be a real solid player

-I don't know if it's injuries, Barry, or maybe we just overrated our guys, but our front 7 is weak. Straight up, average at best.

-Run game, what is going on?? This can't be Skins football. Although, pass protection has been great. Is it too much to ask for both to be solid?

-Helluva call for the onside kick. That's what usually happens to us. Was a real pleasure to be on this side of that kind of play.

-Boy, those Saint must feel like idiots. They cut Hocker and signed Forbath this week. Forbath proceeded to miss an extra point. Mcclu +1.

If we lost this game, the season would be over. 2-6 after the Pats is a lot different than 3-5- yes, I'm assuming we lose that one. We will come out of the Patriots, likely two games back with four divisional games in front of us. Anything can happen, but this win kept hope alive.

Yea, I have already put the NE game in the L column. Of course anything can happen on any given Sunday, but let's be real. They have too many weapons and have been together for a long time. Our only hope is that Brady and Gronk get stuck in traffic. Maybe one of them can get arrested or something.

Our slot corner is going to be very busy. They will have to line up on Edelman. Gronk? I am thinking the only person that could possibly stay with him is Preston Smith. Without Kerrigan though he will need to pass rush.

I agree, we need to get the run D fixed. I believe that is primarily a function of the number of injuries. We need better play at S. JMO! 

As for our own running game, I think you will see it improved against NE. Not enough to win, but there will be signs of a run game. People will have to start respecting our passing game after the show Cousins put on.

He got trashed for yelling at Tarik, but I am glad to see it. It shows his competitiveness, something he I think tries to hide during his press conferences. What gets me is the double standard for all things Redskins. If any other QB in the ****ing league had done that everyone would have said what a great competitor. Since it's the Redskins, it's he just needs to shut up and play. The same double standard happened to Robert. It gets very, very old.

Well we know at least this week there is no way we can lose.....  :-)

Yesterday:

Cousins - 33-40 for 82% - 317 yds - 3TDs 0 Ints - 1 Sack - 1 Rush TD I lost Fumble - 124.7 QBR

Luck - 23-44 for 52.3% - 333 yds - 3TDs, 2 Ints - 4 sacks - 0 Rush TD - 0 lost Fumbles - 81 QBR

Season:

Cousins - 184-268 for 68.7% - 248 yds/gm - 9TDs 8 Ints - 8 Sack - 2 Rush TD I lost Fumble - 85.1 QBR

Luck - 118-210 for 56.2% - 279.6 yds/gm - 11TDs, 9 Ints - 12 sacks (7 the last 2 gms) - 0 Rush TD - 1 lost Fumble - 76.2 QBR

Tannehill - 137-219 for 62.9% - 271.3 yds/gm - 13TDs, 7Ints - 16 sacks - 0 Rush TD - 1 lost Fumble - 91.7 QBR

Wilson - 142-204for 69.6% - 238.3 yds/gm - 8TDs, 5 Ints - 31 sacks - 0 Rush TD - 2 lost Fumbles - 

96.2 QBR.

Nice post, great numbers as well!

I would also add that cousins has had to make many more attempts in the season stats, so my question would be how would them extra attempts change the other QB's numbers? I would think it would hurt them overall...just guessing of course....

Go...glad to see you change your heart some, Trust me this team needs STABILITY right now, not saying anyone will work out but stability is our biggest need and it's something we haven't tried under this owner :) 

HTTR!

Well, would you look at this, you and I agreeing.... :-) Seriously, I could not agree more. I have to admit after the last few games I was starting to waver. Yesterday convinced me we need to stay the course. Good or bad, I am ready to support both Cousins and Gruden through the end of the year.

Back to some of the fans - I actually saw people saying they hoped we lost so Cousins would get benched or JG would get fired. I just don't get that. We all knew coming in this was going to be a tough season, and that's without all the injuries. And that next man up **** is ****ing garbage, that per many NFL professional players. I just heard James Lofton and Bugger MacFarland both say the same thing on NFL Sirius Radio. They make the point if the guy playing behind someone was as good or better they would already be starting.

Having said that, you need to have the depth that some injuries don't hurt you. But in terms of lost starter games, we are averaging MORE THAN 11 GUYS OUT PER GAME!!!! That's half the ****ing team!! And please, spare me the one time in 20 yrs were someone survived such losses. Yet we are now 3-4. Someone did some research and we have faced collectively a harder group of Defenses than any team in the NFL. 2 top 5 Ds and several others in the top 10. Even TB was 15th!

We have some building blocks of a good team and I am now convinced after the creativity shown yesterday that we have the right coaching staff.

BTW: About Cousins - The other QB is that draft? Check out the comparisons:

Yesterday:

Season:

Cousins - 184-268 for 68.7% - 248 yds/gm - 9TDs 8 Ints - 8 Sack - 2 Rush TD I lost Fumble - 85.1 QBR

Luck - 118-210 for 56.2% - 279.6 yds/gm - 11TDs, 9 Ints - 12 sacks (7 the last 2 gms) - 0 Rush TD - 1 lost Fumble - 76.2 QBR

Tannehill - 137-219 for 62.9% - 271.3 yds/gm - 13TDs, 7Ints - 16 sacks - 0 Rush TD - 1 lost Fumble - 91.7 QBR

Wilson - 142-204for 69.6% - 238.3 yds/gm - 8TDs, 5 Ints - 31 sacks - 0 Rush TD - 2 lost Fumbles -

96.2 QBR.

So what's the excuse for Luck? He has started since day one. And don't say no run game. Since the 1st 2 gms our run game has been non-existent. It's not a worse Def - We are 17th in pts/gm at 24 and Indy is 20th with 24.9.

Edit: Per the request, I added Ryan Tannehill and Russell Wilson, just the season. It's pretty interesting. They are all fairly similar.

Nice post Go. About the fans, if they want our team to lose they are not good fans to have.I now believe with this win that the team might start to believe in themselves more and also in the coaching. I will let it ride out the rest of the season myself and try to stop being a couch coach.

I think our back ups are doing outstanding but we have to many of them in the games now. Hopefully the extra week off will give most some time to heal up. And also give Gruden some te to come up with a better running scheme. Not sure if other teams are going to respect our pass game as we don't have a real deep threat. But if D Jax is healthy they may have to think about it more.

So bring on the Pats, could be the upset of the year, just kidding, but it would be nice to keep it close.

HTTR

Archived