Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Mike McCarthy is the worst coach in the NFL and why that matters to the Redskins

Lombardi's_kid_brother

I see your point. If it makes you feel better, I thought they should have gone for it at the time too rather than saying it in hindsight. But anyway, I think they would have converted one and really out the pressure on Seattle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing your thought that he should go for it. You're not claiming that math proves that he was objectively wrong in his decisions and then ignoring every post asking to show the supposed mathematical proof.

Normally I'm all for going for the 4th-and-goal at the one, but that particular game against that particular team at that particular stadium in a season where the team had shown ineffective in that situation, I agreed with the call to kick FGs. Let's also remember that Rodgers was on a gimped calf that limited his mobility in the pocket to extend plays. Maybe if he was healthy, we run some kind of bootleg that gives him the option to pass or dive in himself.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived