Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why we are done

SnydertheHun

No leadership. At a time when this team needs leadership the most,

- our most veteran, certain HOF player decides that now is the time to be selfish and we lack the nuts to cut him;

- our most talented player, who will be an UFA this offseason, compares us to the Bengals;

- our most vocal player on our heretofore incompetent OL is whining about the criticism his sensative ears have to hear;

- our coaches are squabbling;

- our most effective leaders are too young (Ramsey) or too new (Coles) to be effective;

- and our head coach is acting like he belongs in Sling Blade 2 ("We're not doing a very good job as coaches" - are you kidding me? Saying the equivalent of "we suck" to a team that needs to believe? I would consider firing him for that).

Marty, for all of his faults and failings as a head coach (and there are many - overall, he sucks), may have been able to pull us out of this dive with his strong leadership skills ("Frankly, what we do works. We are going to win, men"). This team flat out lacks the leadership, from the players or the coaches to turn this thing around.

I fear it's going to get a lot worse around here.

- our most veteran, certain HOF player decides that now is the time to be selfish and we lack the nuts to cut him;

- our most talented player, who will be an UFA this offseason, compares us to the Bengals;

- our most vocal player on our heretofore incompetent OL is whining about the criticism his sensative ears have to hear;

- our most effective leaders are too young (Ramsey) or too new (Coles) to be effective;

- and our head coach is acting like he belongs in Sling Blade 2 ("We're not doing a very good job as coaches" - are you kidding me? Saying the equivalent of "we suck" to a team that needs to believe? I would consider firing him for that).

you're exaggerating bruce's situation. maybe he should be cut but not over this dumb ish. i want him to get his personal goals don't you? its not like he's going for the playing in the most games, he's trying to get SACKS. its not like he's throwing water into the ocean here.

well the bengals do have a comparable record to us. they play on about the same level as us and probably would give us a run for the money.

i wouldn't call jansen's comments as being sensitive. he and most of the guys on the line are playing hard, but not getting the job done. its hard to accept harsh criticism when you're putting forth your best effort.

coach are squabbling? dunno about that. snyder or spurrier should nip that in the bud.

no one wants to be a leader except for lavar. we need someone to step up and be vocal on defense. but we would probably condemn him to death.

i don't know what sling blade 1 is? if marty was our coach we'd be on our way to 4-4 or 2-6. norv is a toss up. could be 6-2 heading for a callapse or a very shaky 3-5

Originally posted by Cleotis

you're exaggerating bruce's situation. maybe he should be cut but not over this dumb ish. i want him to get his personal goals don't you? its not like he's going for the playing in the most games, he's trying to get SACKS. its not like he's throwing water into the ocean here.

well the bengals do have a comparable record to us. they play on about the same level as us and probably would give us a run for the money.

i wouldn't call jansen's comments as being sensitive. he and most of the guys on the line are playing hard, but not getting the job done. its hard to accept harsh criticism when you're putting forth your best effort.

coach are squabbling? dunno about that. snyder or spurrier should nip that in the bud.

no one wants to be a leader except for lavar. we need someone to step up and be vocal on defense. but we would probably condemn him to death.

i don't know what sling blade 1 is? if marty was our coach we'd be on our way to 4-4 or 2-6. norv is a toss up. could be 6-2 heading for a callapse or a very shaky 3-5

Cleotis,

You're a good guy, but I think you are wrong regarding Smith. Publicly calling out your Head Coach at a time of crisis because you are in danger of not achieving your 'personal goals'? Sorry, but I think thats a definitive moment for Bruce Smith. There aren't many coaches that would put up with this kind of crap. Steve Spurrier just happens to be one of them. He definitely should be benched with the warning that should he complain about THAT, he'll be cut on the spot. Nothing personal Bruce, but you no NFL player ever gets to decide when and when they do not start. The problem with this team is that there are no rules, no lines to go uncrossed, and little discipline.

As for the other issues, I find them less troubling, although I think Jansen is well-intentioned, and not our biggest problem player, he should be telling everyone on the team to shut up and prove the critics wrong, and should be setting the example himself. Right now, he talks a better game than he plays although I admit I like the guy in general. Champ? Doesn't much matter what he says. He'll be franchised. Period.

Oh, and about Sling Blade? If you haven't seen it, you are missing out. Classic classic flick. I reckon I aim to kill you with this lawnmower blade.....

Originally posted by SnydertheHun

No leadership. At a time when this team needs leadership the most,

Marty, for all of his faults and failings as a head coach (and there are many - overall, he sucks), may have been able to pull us out of this dive with his strong leadership skills ("Frankly, what we do works. We are going to win, men"). This team flat out lacks the leadership, from the players or the coaches to turn this thing around.

I fear it's going to get a lot worse around here.

:snore:

Archived