Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FBGP's 2015 Inside the War Room: Redskins

EmDiggy

Nice-looking website, very professional looking YouTube video. -- great presentation style.

But I had some questions on his suggested selections and rankings. Also I wondered if some of the folks he was suggesting, would be available in the rounds we were supposed to pick them.

I tried going into this with an open mind ...but after a while I found myself muttering no, and shaking my head.

Of course with the Skins FO's old holdover scouting crew -- maybe Washington DOES wind up with some of these "unearthed gems" !

Shaq Thompson at #5 overall is a huuuuuuuge reach. The guy is a top notch football player but nobody even knows what position he would play in the pros because of his size. ILB? Safety? Pass rushing OLB? a guy you pick at 5 overall has to have a definite position for the NFL and be elite at that position. I see him as maybe a high 2nd round pick for a team that has a definite plan for him.

I looked at many of FGBP's offerings, and it becomes important to understand Their logic in ranking the players. Very different than most of the traditional/well-known draftnik's' evaluations -- so you can see how there are so many surprises in war-room projections and mock drafts.

The only thing I can say is, it'd be nice to come back to FGBP's website to check their archives to see how their projections worked out versus what actually happened.

http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-2015-nfl-draft-special-inside-the-war-room-washington-redskins/

Good evening & Happy Easter Redskins fans! Here's my inside the war room special for you guys.

Enjoy!

Em

Shaq at 5?!?!?! Hahaha. 2nd round maybe, but 5?!?!?!? I've seen some of your breakdowns. You've posted some good stuff, but that mock is.... very original. Ima be nice lol

I looked at many of FGBP's offerings, and it becomes important to understand Their logic in ranking the players. Very different than most of the traditional/well-known draftnik's' evaluations -- so you can see how there are so many surprises in war-room projections and mock drafts.

The only thing I can say is, it'd be nice to come back to FGBP's website to check their archives to see how their projections worked out versus what actually happened.

People on here thought I was crazy with my Alshon Jeffery rankings....don't even get me started on my 1st Rd grade on Russell Wilson lol.

Shaq at 5?!?!?! Hahaha. 2nd round maybe, but 5?!?!?!? I've seen some of your breakdowns. You've posted some good stuff, but that mock is.... very original. Ima be nice lol

Hey, it's all good! Just know that I put in the work to evaluate these players w/film study... I will say this, one of the 1st guys the new GM signed once he was hired was C Tyler Larsen...he was my #1 C last year & graded out as a 1st Rd'er ;) 

Focus more on the talent & not when/where they're drafted...that's my M.O.  I will say this though, the one guy I was COMPLETELY wrong about was Dontari Poe.

Please explain your reasoning for taking someone who is projected as a lower first/top of the second round pick, at #5 overall. IMO? Your first pick for us was the most ludicrous SWAG I have seen on the web.

To me? There are many better options (BPA) even if we blend that with need (now or future). No compelling logic provided for this pick. This board could easily provide a dozen or more players that could have a greater impact and could fit here.

Just my two cents. Not trying to be aggressive or disrespectful...I just don't understand your reasoning?

Please explain your reasoning for taking someone who is projected as a lower first/top of the second round pick, at #5 overall. IMO? Your first pick for us was the most ludicrous SWAG I have seen on the web.

To me? There are many better options (BPA) even if we blend that with need (now or future). No compelling logic provided for this pick. This board could easily provide a dozen or more players that could have a greater impact and could fit here.

Just my two cents. Not trying to be aggressive or disrespectful...I just don't understand your reasoning?

There's your answer right there...it's all subjective my friend. We may not agree on prospects.  My thoughts on Shaq is that he's an impact player that's always around the football and has been since he stepped foot on campus.  To consistently make plays when teams are actively trying to gameplan against you, says something about your ability as a playmaker.  I also never factor in Size or LOC b/c IMO, neither are a "skill".  Thompson, like Beasley, are those type of players that'll have an immediate impact wherever they end up.  I hope that explains.

Here's my big board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2VB-vcwp7U

I am not taking anyone, SM is. Who do I like? No specific order...Williams, Beasley, Shelton, Scherff, Collins, White, Cooper to name a few. Trading down a few slots for some of those guys is an option.

I am not a GM or scout nor do I do mock drafts, fantasy football, etc. Just a regular fan that didnt understand why you selected Thompson at 5.

I must admit, rarely am I compelled to post. I've been following this board for at least 1 hour a day since 1995. Thanks Extremeskins!  In fact, I was kicked off once for my criticism of the late Sean Taylor. I loved the guy but I believe his legend far exceeds his actual play but I digress. I consider myself, as a former pee wee coach, to be slightly more informed but no where near as informative as the likes of Darrell Greenie or KDawg. I consider them the gold standard in relation to actual football play. My point is, at first when I saw FPBG'S post I immediately questioned his credibility based on everyone else's big boards. However, upon watching his big board, I think he is legit. I'm very interested to see how how his big board pans out.

Archived