Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blitz?

js79

It looked like they finally tried to blitz later in the second half but it was too little too late. When they did blitz Dallas did a pretty good job of handling it, but I agree that you have to do something so that the opposing team's QB doesn't have all day to sit back and throw.

I think I saw Champ run a corner blitz on the Glenn TD. At least I thought I saw him run towards the QB at the hike (away from Glenn) and then saw him pursuing Glenn and getting blocked later, I suppose he just ran back when the ball was thrown. The announcer also commented on the corner blitz on that play, so I probably wasn't seeing things.

do you guys think that maybe george edwards is scared to blitz? he does not like takin chances because he will receive so much grief if they get beat?

if yer an experienced coordinator, u can get away wit some things, but when yer 1st year and u screw up, all the heat is on you..

I think his conservative style is mostly playing out well, though - blitzing is overrated (as Tampa has shown, they typically send a max of 5 guys), and there are few teams that are really susceptible to it the way the Skins are.

With the cover strength of our corners, the upgrading of safety with Matt Bowen, and with Lavar itching to blitz as a linebacker instead of from a three point stance, why not blitz more to help out a deficient D-line? It makes sense, but it hasn't happened much.

yeah, u can only cover someone for so long

i understand tampa bay rarely blitzes but look at their d-line

since we can't get ANY pressure from our front 4, we have to blitz, or else we're gonna keep on giving up 3rd and 10 conversions..

Archived