Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On Beating the Hawks

darrelgreenie

I guess I never prayed hard enough darn it.

So can one of you good fellows do me a recap of how the game played out/ who, if anyone, stood out/ how the game was coached etc etc.

Appreciation in advance.

Hail.

The game started off badly. We pooched several kickoffs in an attempt to limit returns only for them to start on their 40. We did one normal kickoff late in the game that Kai sailed out of the back of the endzone!

Wilson is a very good QB. He ran into huge empty spaces where an ILB/spy should have been and and gashed us. He kept plays alive often with his elusiveness and fooled Rak & Kerrigan several times with play action reverse bootleg thingies (can't think of the real name, lack of sleep). Early on I was fearing a 52-0 type scoreline, if it wasn't for the 'hawks many penalties it may well have been.

The Seahawks' D played the run very well, taking away cutback lanes so Almo was a non factor, he also had another fumble (we recovered). Because of the non existant run game, Gruden had to quickly go to plan B, short passes (see below). Oline was meh. Polumbus went off for a while with a dislocated finger, Moses came in and struggled, he is still very raw and not ready yet. Chester had a 'mare. Trent was limping but said it was a touch of cramp. Niles cannot run block for toffees and even completely gave up on one play that resulted in a loss of yards.

Pass pro was actually pretty good and Cousins did have time to throw but the Seahawks bumped aggressively and took away the shorter routes (our plan B ) which kept the TE's and Garcon in check, some dropped passes didn't help either. D'Jax embarrassed Sherman (well, technically it wasn't Sherman, but **** him) for a 60+yd TD bomb and some other big gains. He really does has great hands and speed.

Our D did tighten up some. I didn't notice if this was down to Haslett's adjustments or just the general flow of the game but we managed to stop them for a lot of three & outs for a while. Hatcher's hammy seems healed, Baker played well, Jenkins was ok. Seattle were definately rattled at this point and there was a moment when I actually thought that we could win the thing. Unfortunately I know nothing, their D continued to stop us and Wilson kept a drive alive to finish it.

To be honest, it wasn't as close as the score suggests. They are a far better team than us but we hung in there and if there was ever a game to take positives from a loss then this is it.

I'm sure others who watched the game saw it completely differently, but that was my uneducated take from it and hopefully a bit more insightful than the "we completely suck at everything" crowd.

Next time, drink a few litres of black coffee, put some matchsticks under your eyelids, watch the game, get two hours sleep and go to work looking like a zombie like the rest of us. (yawning smilie).

Next time, drink a few litres of black coffee, put some matchsticks under your eyelids, watch the game, get two hours sleep and go to work looking like a zombie like the rest of us. (yawning smilie).

When the game ended I still had another hour or so of work to do but ya' know. Nights are a biatch! :P

Thanks for the thorough and no less humorous recap. Greatly appreciated.

Hail.

Archived