Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IM sick and tired of the snyder bashing!

Snyder is one of the best owners in the friggin league he just needs to run the skins like one of his other bussinesses! put experts in charge and not micromanage.

The man did not get as rich as he is by being cheap or stupid!

how many other owners give their coaches unlimited funds to sign free agents?

What Danny needs is a great personnel man and coaches that are willing to stand up for their beliefs. Spurrier is no dummy if he quits he gets zilch nothing nada!!! If he is fired he gets the remainder of his ridiculous contract.Thats pretty good motivation to shut your mouth and toe the line!

all you snyder bashers need to ask yourselves would we be better with mike brown,bill bidwell,art modell?

Our FO has been screwing this team for a long time with piss poor drafts and questionable contracts as well as scouting and free agency. if we had a good cap manager wed still have davis if we had better judges of talent wed still have Brad johnson blah blah bottom line is we didnt and we dont but while snyder should be held accountable for not hiring the best personell guy he is a far better owner than he gets cred for. we might lose but its not for lack of spending.

Oh for alll the guys who moan about snyder poking his nose in thats why you need a well respected coach and personell evaluator who can tell him like it is not be a yes man like cerrato! i know if i was the owner id poke my nose in hell any true fan would because its a dream come true! :gus: :gus:

I agree but he has to get out of the football decisions, he is not a GM!!! He will never be one because he doesn't understand what a GM does. Just look New England's bench compared to ours, they have people that can play almost every position just about the same level as their starters. It is pathetic how bad our depth is. The fact for 2 years now you refuse to answer your teams most glaring spots is terrible.

Originally posted by Phat "Distressed" Hog

Snyder bashing is kind of stupid anyway…. he owns the friggin team.

So that gives him the right to make all the football related decisions??!! NO it does not, I don't care how much money he puts in that team.

Do you think owners of succesfull companies make all the decisions? No they have people who are QUALIFIED to make most of the decisions.

Synder is joke and untill he figures he can't play GM we are going to suck. Not one good coach will want to stay here because of him.

Ryman,

Snyder is one of the best owners in the friggin league

By what conceivable measurement do you base this on? When was the last time his team was above .500 for the season?

he just needs to run the skins like one of his other bussinesses! put experts in charge and not micromanage.

You tell other people that they complain too much about Snyder and then say he 'just' needs to do the thing that everybody has been killing him about.

all you snyder bashers need to ask yourselves would we be better with mike brown,bill bidwell,art modell?

So that's the alternative - Snyder vs. Bidwell or Brown? Newsflash: most owners in the NFL want to win as much as Snyder does; they just go about it differently for the most part.

Rather him than an owner who wouldn't think twice before selling his team to buy the Pats if he could.

After the investments that Lurie made (new workout facility and stadium) the last thing he would do is sell them - even for the Pats.

And seriously, you'd take Snyder over Lurie? Lurie's not exactly George Halas but he has hired competent people and stayed out of their way. He hasn't come up with a new wacky idea to help the team every year. Despite his faults he has clearly been a better owner than The Danny.

Here's the kicker to this debate about who's a better owner than who. It's really not very possible to distinguish the 'quality' of an owner.

There are different types of owners (hands on and hands off) that have been successful. The only thing you can really ask is that your owner hire football people and be willing to open their checkbook. Assuming they do those two things (which Snyder has not yet), how can one owner be better than another when he's not the one making the decisions?

All snyder needs to do is hire a respectable personell guy and listen to him but all the namecalling on here is getting waaay too repetitive.

I call doing whats necessary to win the mark of a great owner and snyder has paid for a good coach and the top free agents now he needs to learn that a great personell man is paramount.

as for the different guys have different ways to win Bodybag the accusation of lack of will to win is leveled at brown et al every damn year when they fail to pay their top free agents and consistently sabotage their teams. yes snyder is a micromanger but if we had a guy with a good rep as a gm they could stand up to him really if he fires cerrato who would hire him?= no leverage!

Thanks, Yusuf!

Speedwagon, good point but an owner is judged by a bunch of things but mainly what he does to help the team win. Both Snyder and Lurie are works in progress, but to this point the Eagles under Lurie have been more successful than the Redskins under Snyder.

Yeah, bang up job letting all those studs go.....and not using the cap room. No WR upgrades, letting Douglas, Barber go. nice.

Shambles, those weren't Lurie's decisions but the decisions of the people he hired. Douglas and Mitchell suck now, and Barber, while good, is not missed because Nate Wayne is doing as good a job as Barber. Lurie's personnel people have done things that have me :shot: but they have also done positive things. They have re-upped promising young players, and Reid (whose playcalling has been driving me nuts) was able to keep the Eagles afloat last year with a 3rd-string QB and this year with all the injuries.

Ryman, I just think that not bringing in a GM and letting him and the coach develop a team is a big criticism. And I agree that Snyder wants to win, but sometimes wanting to win means holding off on that itch to bring in another player because the coach might not agree, and team chemistry can be compromised.

I agree Danny has been blinded to the fact that cerrato sux by his friendship and yes he is too much of a fan that wants to sign big names but he was right about jerry Rice and we didnt listen to him so i seriuosly doubt that he has as much influence as people seem to think . I also doubt that people give him the cred he does deserve.

Body bag your owner sux way worse than danny you guys lose your best players every season and fail to replace them except with other teams castoff and while kudos go to your coaches for doing well do you really feel trotter for barber worked out for you?

Again, Ryman - by what standard is Snyder better than Lurie? I'll agree that they are works in progress and differently-styled owners, but Lurie's teams have been to the playoffs in 5 of the 9 years that he owned the team and Snyder's team has been in the playoffs once in the four years he owned his team. And the personnel argument doesn't hold water - let's look at the Skins. Under Synder's management Deion left (and you still had to pay is signing bonus), Brad Johnson left, Daryl Gardener left, Stephen Davis left, Mark Carrier left, N.D. Kalu left, and so on. And again, the Eagles personnel people who made the decisions to let certain players go also got the team into the playoffs.

And Shawn Barber didn't replace Jeremiah Trotter; Levon Kirkland and Barry Gardner replaced him.

BBG, I agree that an owner is generally judged on W/L record and maybe they should be.

I guess my point is this: if owner A and owner B both bring in well-respected GMs and capologists and are willing to spend their money when asked, how is one doing any "better" than the other?

I realize that this isn't the case with Lurie and Snyder. Each of those guys only does one of the 2 things I pointed out. But just in general it seems like a lot of what happens with a professional football team is out of the owners hands.

Let's assume that Lurie started paying top dollar for players that his front office wanted. If the Eagles went 6-10 next year, is that really his fault?

Bodybag you lost Trotter to the skins and we lost barber to you ergo if you look at it as a trade then you say wow the skins really screwed the eagles on that one! our owner has consistently stepped up and spent money to get better we had a crp interior O-line and snyder spent to get thomas friedman and moore we had a poor receiving corps and he paid for coles! the eagles consistently lose their top guys because lurie wont pay top dollar guarenteed we would have kept douglas (although that looks like it is working out for you) if we are gonns play the personnel game Douglas left, trotter left,Barber left,etc etc the biggest difference between our teams is the coaching.

I honestly believe that with a better personell guy the skins will dominate we have proven to be willing to spend on FA and now if we can do well in the lower rounds of the draft and not just with the no brainer picks at the top we are in position to really be something special. our position coaching is terrible did anyone really think our o-line would be so friggin terrible? you cant put that on the guy that spends the money and writes the checks!

Speedwagon, good point again. I guess if we are comparing two similar style onwers - say Bowden (sp?) from the Broncos and Lurie from the Eagles, then I would agree with you. In fact, I would probably say that Bowden is better because his moves won two Supes. Comparing Lurie to Snyder (which I didn't initiate; Shambles did) is a different case because Snyder has been much more hands-on. And because of Snyder's 'hands-on-ness', it is easier to compare them in some ways. Personally, I think the period between firing Norv and hiring Spurrier was disasterous for the Skins and much of the blame goes to Snyder. He fired a coach who was still in the playoff hunt, then hired a guy whose reputation he knew but then fired him at the end of the season. I think he sort of righted the proverbial ship by bringing in Spurrier, but then brought in Marvin Lewis even though it was obvious he would leave at the end of the year and would just be another defensive coordinator who wouldn't set up roots. All that stuff can be pinned on Snyder. He also gets credit for some decisions (I think he brought in Daryl Gardener) and did what it took to get Laverius Coles, but he has also done things that hurt the team. Lurie, because of his mostly hands-off approach, is more difficult to credit or blame. But he seems to have hired good football people to do the job.

Ryman, I hope that you aren't saying that Trotter is better than Barber :doh:

Trotter was a stupid signing. K. Mitchell should've been allowed to keep his job. Not throw money away on a guy that had the typical "contract year" performance. The Skins made that mistake with Dana Bubblefield.

BBG, good points. I'd agree that Snyder really screwed some things up in this organization by firing a coach with a winning record in the middle of the season.

In my opinion, I think an owner should take more of an investor's approach to a team. You put up the money, you make the money, you hire smart people, and you enjoy the games!

Archived