Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

MD has already started usurping VT in local recruiting, WVU is next.  I doubt the Terps will ever outrecruit PSU.  MD joining the B10 is the worst thing that could have happened to VT and WVU.  Once Beamer retires from VT, and it will be soon, MD is going to be rolling in local recruits.

I don't expect Maryland to out-recruit Penn State either.  But if College Park is able to take ownership of the DMV, Baltimore, and the Virginia Tidewater area, I think that would propel The Program to National relevance.  

Been barking up that tree for years.  And strangely enough, it looks as if it may be coming to fruition (more-or-less).

-------------

On another note, Maryland being a basketball POWERHOUSE was only a matter of time.  Without a doubt, Maryland-DC is the Gold Standard in hoops talent.  Bout time Turgeon started getting that right.

Edited by Diehard Otis
  • Like 1

For any Terps hockey fans, the 2015/16 Men's Hockey Team is gearing up for another great season.

Check them out at:  http://www.umterpshockey.com/page/show/1343379-umd-d2-terps-2014-2015-

Lots of fun to come out and watch them compete, plus they now have a new coach who should make the team even more exciting to watch.

Go Terps!!!

Plus  they have sweet uniforms:

http://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/photo/3803/2863/maryland_FB_cover_2_large.jpg

• Like 1

We're here in College Park. Cakes & Lurch talking to Dustin FB Asst. AD of Communications. #Terps https://instagram.com/p/6U95KZmEjy/ 

Apparently Skins should practice here. Eminem blasting on the speakers. Guns N Roses. #Juice #Terps

Unlike most of the media we aren't journalists. At our root we're fans. We don't have to be objective. I'm incapable anyway.

When Coach hangs out and gives us a tour and bags of free swag we CAN ACCEPT it! And gladly do! It's still cool 20 years later.

Awesome RT @moneymetalcakes: Getting the silly golf cart treatment at U of Md; @RandyEdsall driving @EBJunkies aroundCMTQxsaWEAAy3BT.jpg

Terps meeting room. Coach addresses full team here. Go over film etc.

Players lounge. Guys can hang out play video games, shoot pool etc. Nice chill space.

CMTt7AAUYAIFR9j.jpg

View from coach's office. Doesn't suck.

CMTu6scUYAALg8E.jpg

Another angle from inside @RandyEdsall's office. Pretty cool if u ask me.

CMTvc6HUkAAHcnD.jpg

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Clixk to read the rest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/08/12/terps-freshman-adam-mclean-inching-closer-to-full-recovery/

Terps freshman Adam McLean inching closer to full recovery

Adam McLean has made peace with his current place on the Maryland football team, and as fall camp opens this week, he will be on the sidelines.

He will be in the shadows continuing to rehabilitate an anterior cruciate ligament injury suffered during his senior season of high school, slowly chipping away at his goal of being fully recovered for spring practice next year.

McLean has often reveled in being a part of Maryland’s future. The former Quince Orchard star became the Maryland’s most highly touted signee in the class of 2015 after flipping his commitment from Penn State last December, giving the Terrapins both a four-star defensive tackle and a well-connected prospect who could help the school in its efforts to keep local talent at home.

“It does feel real,” McLean said of joining the team for his freshman season.

“But I think it will feel a lot better once I’m out there contributing and things like that. I’m contributing in a different way and a different form right now, and that’s mentally. Kind of helping the guys out, just being there and supporting the guys.”

Click to read the rest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/08/13/sean-davis-says-his-position-switch-gives-maryland-the-best-corner-duo-out-there/

Sean Davis says his position switch gives Maryland ‘the best corner duo out there’

A couple weeks after Maryland’s Will Likely declared he was the best cornerback in the Big Ten, fellow defensive back Sean Davis took that statement one step further earlier this week.

“I feel like we have the best corner duo out there,” Davis said.

Davis wouldn’t have been able to make that statement a year ago, when he was manning his post as a safety. He nearly left school after his junior season to declare for the NFL draft, but Davis elected to return to Maryland and play cornerback for his senior season, which opened in earnest with this week’s preseason camp.

That Davis was even thinking about entering the draft underscores his talent and productivity over the past three years: He has posted 217 tackles in the past two seasons, including 115 last year, which led the Big Ten for defensive backs. But now comes a new challenge for the former Maret star, and it began to unfold late last season as Maryland’s secondary dealt with injuries.

Davis played cornerback in two games a year ago, and as the unit transitioned to the new 4-3 scheme beginning in February, Maryland Coach Randy Edsall decided to move Davis to the boundary cornerback position full-time.

I picked up athlon sports college guide. They ranked the positions within each conference and had Maryland's db group rated #10 out of 14. They did have Likely predicted as first team all big ten, but the other guy isn't on the first or second team, nor are the safeties.

Most annoying, Ohio state is ranked #1 or #2 at every single position group on both sides of the ball.

I picked up athlon sports college guide. They ranked the positions within each conference and had Maryland's db group rated #10 out of 14. They did have Likely predicted as first team all big ten, but the other guy isn't on the first or second team, nor are the safeties.

Most annoying, Ohio state is ranked #1 or #2 at every single position group on both sides of the ball.

I believe 247 has Maryland's secondary ranked in the top half of the B1G. It's the strength of the team.

And as for the OSU thing I'm not surprised. Don't necessarily agree with it but not surprised.

Click to read the rest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/jacobs-brothers-appreciate-a-second-chance-after-losing-a-year-of-football/2015/08/18/6636ebf0-45d2-11e5-8ab4-c73967a143d3_story.html

Jacobs brothers appreciate a second chance after losing a year of football

It was only a year ago that brothers Levern and Taivon Jacobs both learned how quickly the game they love could be taken away. Both had entered the 2014 season hoping to start at wide receiver for Maryland, but it took less than 24 hours for those ambitions to disintegrate. On the eve of the team’s opener against James Madison, Maryland announced Levern Jacobs would be suspended for the entire season for an off-the-field incident. The following afternoon, slipping into the starting lineup in the wake of his older brother’s discipline, Taivon Jacobs suffered a season-ending knee injury on the Terrapins’ second drive.

The suddenness of the events left both in a daze, a prelude to one of the most difficult years of their young lives. But 12 months later, after leaning on each other in ways they never had before, both have returned to the forefront of Maryland’s fall camp. Both are positioning themselves as potential starters for a second straight season, only this year is different. Not only does Maryland need both to flourish with a passing game that must replace four of its most six productive pass catchers from a year ago, but both have also been reinvigorated with new perspectives.

“Everything we’ve been doing is for a reason. It’s for a cause,” Levern Jacobs said. “Most guys don’t handle those situations well.”

Just filed a story on the offensive line for tomorrow. Going to have some notes in a practice report, too. But first, a quick tidbit.

The average (official) weight of Dunn/Doyle/Zeller/Prince/Mulrooney/Moore is up to 309.7 from 297.5 a year ago. Did agility stay? We'll see.

A sampling of Maryland's practice playlist today:CMu8QQWWwAA0KlW.jpg

Click to read the rest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/08/19/after-productive-redshirt-year-damian-prince-ready-to-contribute-for-terps-football/

After productive redshirt year, Damian Prince ready to contribute for Terps football

Maryland redshirt freshman Damian Prince has yet to play a college game, yet he has spent much of the past year answering questions about the daunting expectations he faces once he does. It has been slowly building since early in his high school career, when he established himself as one of the country’s premier offensive lineman recruits at Bishop McNamara, a five-star behemoth who was followed by a national television crew on national signing day in 2014.

He chose Maryland that day, and ever since he’s been working to earn his keep in College Park. After a redshirt year in which he focused on improving both his body and his fundamentals, as well as acclimate to college life, Prince is now competing for the starting spot at right tackle. He entered fall camp atop the preseason depth chart, but after a sweltering practice on Tuesday night, he assured everyone that he wasn’t taking anything for granted.

“I still feel like I have a long ways to go for me to be who I want to be in this league,” Prince said.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Top-Ranked-Josh-Jackson-on-Unofficial-Visit-at-Maryland-38796281    

Top-Ranked Josh Jackson Takes Unofficial Visit to Maryland

Josh Jackson, the No. 1 player in the Class of 2016, was spotted on campus at Maryland on an unofficial this evening, sources told InsideMDSports.

Jackson, a 6-foot-7 guard from Detroit, recently planned his visit to College Park this month, his mother said in a recent interview.

“Maryland has come a long way, they’re getting in the game," Jackson's mother, Apples Jones told Adam Zagoria.

An elite athlete with NBA size and advanced skills, Jackson is regarded as one of the most promising guard prospects to come through the high school ranks during the past decade. For Mark Turgeon, getting him on campus is significant for a couple of reasons beyond his status as the nation's top recruit: he hasn't taken many visits in his recruitment, and according to his mother, he could decide in November after taking official visits.