Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Watching his highlights, I want him to play for the Redskins now.

I'm hoping he won't be in a position to be drafted by the Skins. Hopefully in 4 years he is a top of the draft selection and Washington will be picking last in the first...

http://terrapinstationmd.com/2015/07/31/jacobs-brothers-return-could-be-powerful/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=RecentPosts

Jacobs brothers' return could be powerful

Last season, the Maryland football wide receiving unit was missing two brothers who bring passion to the field: Levern & Taivon Jacobs.

As a redshirt junior, older brother Levern faced a harsh reality for the 2014 season. Following a not guilty ruling on second degree assault charges, Maryland suspended the eldest Jacobs for the entire 2014 season for violating the school and athletic department’s code of conduct.

While this was frustrating for Maryland football fans, this predicament was more frustrating for the former Suitland wide receiver. As a valuable member of the scout team in 2014, Levern worked on his skill set and maturity, however, he did not compete in games.

With his return to the field in 2015, Maryland gains an impressive route runner with fantastic speed, and a likely starter at wide receiver following the departures of Marcus Leak, Stefon Diggs, Juwann Winfree, and Deon Long.

In 2013, Jacobs led the team with 640 receiving yards and 47 receptions in light of serious leg injuries to Diggs and Long.

While Levern Jacobs sat on the sidelines last season, it is likely he did not think his younger brother, Taivon would be right beside him. Taivon could have used the 2014 season to break out as a star wideout. During his first career start versus James Madison, the younger Jacobs brother tore his ACL, and suffered a season ending injury.

Taivon Jacobs could become a go-to receiver for quarterbacks Caleb Rowe or Daxx Garman. Like Levern, Taivon’s game is focused on speed and athleticism.

If 100 percent healthy, he could also make an appearance on special teams, but a starting spot on offense is his to lose.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to see the rest of the list

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/13369291/maryland-terrapins-north-carolina-tar-heels-lead-no-longer-way-too-early-top-25

No-Longer-Way-Too-Early Top 25

1. Maryland Terrapins

It's fitting, then, that this edition crown a new ... what's that, Maryland fans? You need a moment? Aw. That's OK. Go on. Let it all out.

Can you blame them? It's been a strange few years. We are, after all, just four years removed from the retirement of beloved legend Gary Williams. The 2013-14 season -- when Maryland went 17-15 -- wasn't so long ago. A summer ago, coach Mark Turgeon waved farewell to five mostly significant players, and spent most of his time answering questions about where the program could possibly go from there. And now they're No. 1. If you were a Terps fan, you'd be smile-crying, too.

Whether or not you agree with the ranking -- that low rumble in the distance is 10,000 North Carolina fans preparing their emails about the details of Marcus Paige's injury history -- you can't argue that, after 2014-15's breakout, we can all agree the Terps look even better than they did in May. With player-of-the-year-candidate point guard Melo Trimble, stretch forward Jake Layman, blue-chip center Diamond Stone, transfer Robert Carter and a handful of quality role players (namely Jared Nickens) in a finely balanced mix, Turgeon's was always an obvious top-five team. Then, on May 11, Rasheed Sulaimon announced he would play his final season of college basketball in College Park. Sulaimon's production at Duke petered out before Mike Krzyzewski made him the first player in a 1,000-win tenure to be officially dismissed, but he is a legitimate 3-point threat and off-ball scorer who could be devastating playing alongside Trimble and a lineup with the highest ceiling, and best balance of skills, in the sport.

Which means Maryland fans, who have gone from 17-15 and five transfers to title contention in 18 months, will spend the 2015-16 season cheering for a player who spent the first three years of his career at Duke. Come on, that's got to feel weird.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

....so ummm...what's the over/under on Wins for the program this fall?

(I peeked at that schedule a few weeks ago & my initial thought was brutal!)

Michigan State, Ohio State on the road are all but guaranteed losses and Wisconsin at home as well.

There's three 'tune up' games at home to start the year.

So 3-3 there.

Then the season really comes down to how they fare against teams they beat last year - Michigan, Iowa, Penn State, and Indiana

And the other teams they lost to last year - West VA (ugh), and Rutgers (DOUBLE UGH).

My guess is Maryland is picked to win like 5 games because Vegas doubts Maryland will beat those same teams again this year.  

Michigan State, Ohio State on the road are all but guaranteed losses and Wisconsin at home as well.

There's three 'tune up' games at home to start the year.

So 3-3 there.

Then the season really comes down to how they fare against teams they beat last year - Michigan, Iowa, Penn State, and Indiana

And the other teams they lost to last year - West VA (ugh), and Rutgers (DOUBLE UGH).

My guess is Maryland is picked to win like 5 games because Vegas doubts Maryland will beat those same teams again this year.  

The key to me is the West Virginia game.  If the Turtles can knock them off, then this might be one helluva year.

...but I don't see it.

Knocking them off will be touuugh!!

Edited by Diehard Otis

Rainbows and Unicorns - 9

Optimistic - 7

Reality check - 5

Hahahahaaaa!!!  Well played.  :P

Maybe, just maybe a little optimism will shine in College Park this season.

What gives me pause is knowing that MD has to out-recruit Penn State (and West Virginia) to be competitive in the league.

Hahahahaaaa!!!  Well played.  :P

Maybe, just maybe a little optimism will shine in College Park this season.

What gives me pause is knowing that MD has to out-recruit Penn State (and West Virginia) to be competitive in the league.

MD has already started usurping VT in local recruiting, WVU is next.  I doubt the Terps will ever outrecruit PSU.  MD joining the B10 is the worst thing that could have happened to VT and WVU.  Once Beamer retires from VT, and it will be soon, MD is going to be rolling in local recruits.