Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paper Writing: Dirty Tricks

Captain James

On the point of large periods, how much difference does that really make?  I can see you squeezing another line or two at most out of the paper every couple pages, but at that point you just write another sentence.

Depends on how many periods are already in the paper.

They have youtube videos of it.

Depends on how many periods are already in the paper.

They have youtube videos of it.

I just tested it and turned a five page paper into a 6 page paper plus a line or two.

The deal is that the period doesn't just extend the sentence horizontally, it also messes with the way windows spaces the lines, adding a fraction of an inch to each line on the paper.  Pretty clever.

Does community college offer a class on how to cheat on assignments? It sounds like it would be a popular class.

Not exactly, but devoting class time to discussing plagiarism is standard operating procedure these days, and those discussions are often quite lively.

I never really cheated on papers, nor felt the need to. I would probably do better work than what I could plagiarize. I'd turn papers in late sometimes. I would just take my medicine grade-wise, but I didn't really care so long as my work was good and the assignment was interesting. Most of the time my professors wouldn't even mark me down for it being late. I usually had good relationships with my professors and most of them would work with me when I started screwing up and falling behind.

The only time I ever cheated in school was a time when I gave a girl in my class some help on a language quiz when she was struggling. In my defense, she was really hot. I feel like my reasons were noble.

I think everyone, including myself, used to cheat in my high school Physics class though. We'd write the formulas into our TI-83 calculators for tests. The teacher was such a sweet old man and he just let it go, he must have known. When I got to college, my Physics 101 professor bypassed this by just giving us a sheet with all the formulas when we took exams. Not like it helped me anyway, I barely scraped through that class with a C.

Archived