Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why is Dan Snyder the most hated person in franchise history?

knighthonor

Pissing away draft picks on "has beens" while he and Vinny played fantasy GM is a good start. Playing fantasy GM in free agency with no concept of building a roster. Demonstrating zero football IQ in his stewardship of the franchise. Mis-firing on virtually every signature hire during his tenure as owner. Who cares if it looked good on paper at the time? Virtually every major hire has ended in failure. What's there really to like? I'm so sick of hearing about what a great fan he is...Who really cares? His tenure as owner has been a miserable failure to date, though I guess there is always tomorrow. The impact is tangible. The reason there are so many fans from opposing teams at FedEx these days is because long tenured Skins have given up their season tickets allowing the tix brokers to move in. I personally know two guys who own season tickets who hate the Skins. They sell the tickets on Stub Hub, etc. for the big games (Phil, Dallas, Pitt, etc. and go to a game here and there for entertainment. I'll put most of the blame on Shanny for the last four years, but in the end Dan got it wrong again.

I'm cautiously optimistic that things will get better, but I'm prepared to be disappointed as usual.

I believe Albert Hayneswoth is more hated than Snyder....

Snyder brought him here so that's on Danny boy.

I use to be the biggest Snyder basher and was shocked why so many people defended him, despite his meddling and undermining his head coaches. However, since Shanahan has come here he hasn't been doing his normal antics. Right now it SEEMS he is letting actual football people run the show.

Time will tell, but there is no way that Bruce Allen would have been my choice for constructing a roster. Why not go out and get an up and coming GM type with top notch personnel chops to build things? Something Allen lacks. I think Allen's heart is in the right place but his ascension to power in this process strikes me as another example of cronyism, even if it is a step up from Vinny.

I do mostly reading what others say here. When I get a thought or idea for a discussion, I make it. Which was only a few times. Like this thread. I Dont know why he has so much hate. I see it everywhere I read. But I Dont know why. Because nobody explained it beyond some bad seasons the team had. That's all. Every team has those. So I never saw that as big of a deal to
Justify that level of hatred. So i figured there were other reasons at hand that I wasn't informed about. So I asked. What's wrong with that?

Your title alone is worth a close. See if you can figure out why. Not to mention your question/post should have gone one of in several existing threads.  You figure you're the first one get a "Dan Snyder: What's up with that?"" thought for a topic on this site?

Don't (knighthonor) start any more new threads for the next 60 days.

Anyone that wants to have a generic "Dan" conversation, pro/con whatever, is welcome to---but unless you have something new (like a news story) or a fresh specific take with a properly developed OP, find an existing thread for it.

Archived