Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins Interview (Post Game)

tiny33

I watched every game last year and this year as well.  Last year I saw a QB running an unorthodox system that the league's defenses were not prepared for.  A system that allowed him to either throw to his 1st read or run and he was extremely effective at it.  This year defenses have caught up to that system and he is no longer the dynamic runner he was last year, therefore he's been forced to become a pocket passer and is decencies are obvious. Mainly going through his progressions and drifting outside of the pocket when there is pass pressure instead of stepping into the pocket like successful QB's

Food for thought. Defenses didn't catch up to it.  We stopped running it because of his knee and we want him to develop into a pocket passer. 

Fans will do anything to put down Robert, comparing press conferences is a new low. It's quite possible Kirk was aware of the fans and media ire towards RGIII for not using the letter "I" x amount of times in a press conference. 

Can't wait for this nightmare of a season to end.

I think in the end Robert is obviously very smart however also very self centered and a bit immature/spoiled...Kirk is more mature and self aware...

Robert reminds me of the kid you played with in the neighborhood or playground you wanted to crush because he was so good and subtly c-o-c-k-y and he kept/hogged the ball all the time and was a show off...hard for a team to rally around that persona I think...

Fans will do anything to put down Robert, comparing press conferences is a new low. It's quite possible Kirk was aware of the fans and media ire towards RGIII for not using the letter "I" x amount of times in a press conference. 

Can't wait for this nightmare of a season to end.

no loyalty ... not sure where or how this culture of back stabbing came around. 

RG3 still has a career 91.5 QB rating after two years ... after two years in the NFL Brady's was 64.45, Peyton's was 80.95.  It took Peyton 6 years to win a playoff game ... 6 years!!!   It also took Peyton 7 years to have a QB rating over 100 for a season, Robert did it year 1. 

Brees threw 27 touchdowns ...  his first THREE YEARS in the league! Robert already has 36 in his first two years. 

Aaron Rogers didn't start his first NFL game until he was 25 years old ... Robert has 28 starts at age 23. 

Steve Young won a grand total of 15 games his first EIGHT seasons in the NFL ... Robert has 12 his first two years. 

RG3 still has a career 91.5 QB rating after two years ... after two years in the NFL Brady's was 64.45, Peyton's was 80.95. It took Peyton 6 years to win a playoff game ... 6 years!!! It also took Peyton 7 years to have a QB rating over 100 for a season, Robert did it year 1.

Brees threw 27 touchdowns ... his first THREE YEARS in the league! Robert already has 36 in his first two years.

Aaron Rogers didn't start his first NFL game until he was 25 years old ... Robert has 28 starts at age 23.

Steve Young won a grand total of 15 games his first EIGHT seasons in the NFL ... Robert has 12 his first two years.

We are a fickle fickle fan base. Can wait for this season to end.

RG3 still has a career 91.5 QB rating after two years ... after two years in the NFL Brady's was 64.45, Peyton's was 80.95. It took Peyton 6 years to win a playoff game ... 6 years!!! It also took Peyton 7 years to have a QB rating over 100 for a season, Robert did it year 1.

Brees threw 27 touchdowns ... his first THREE YEARS in the league! Robert already has 36 in his first two years.

Thank you. I also bring up stafford, had the skins gotten stafford, this fan base would have been ready to give him the boot after his first few years. I remember him always being hurt, but you stick with your franchise qb, you don't give up on them after 2 seasons (1 offseason) I really hope I'm wrong, but I think some people have a hard time rooting for a black qb when there is a white qb that has potential as well in the wings. I think certain people have certain ideas about who should be playing where. I've heard ignorant remarks about how black qb's cAnt get it done so it does make me wonder if some people don't realize it, but can't get behind Robert 100% because of that. Keep in mind, I'm white. But it makes no other sense to me why people are ready to give up on him already.

He's shown plenty of potential, why give that up? I really hope I'm wrong, but can't help but feel like some purple are still very small minded

My only issue with RG3 diehard supporters is that they don't want Cousins here next year.  These people would take a 4th or less round pick for him just to make sure RG3 doesn't have to "look over his shoulder".  Total BS IMO.

RG3 is our starter period.  But the way he plays I want that insurance on the sideline.  We would be crazy to dump Cousins for anything less than a 1st round pick. Why should we?  He is not costing us much money, he seems to be a level headed young man and from what we know gets along with everyone, plus he got talent, and plenty of it.  And we have him for the next two years.  Time enough to see what we have in RG3. To see if that injury will  hamper him. Because I don't know about you people, all I can think is Palmer and how the knee injury killed an extremely promising career.

RG3 is coming of a major injury, and that is the only reason I support this decision by the coach to bench him.  In the past few weeks he was getting killed, trying to do too much, was missing receivers every other throw, and taking off running without looking down field.  Things we all know he didn't do last year.  Why keep risking him?  And why not put your backup in there to see what you have in the kid anyway?  The way I look at it its a win-win.

I think that's absolutely absurd to say after one decent game against a 3-10 team. The falcons started 5 rookies on defense.

Also did you happened to notice that the coaching staff played to kirks strengths today. We haven't seen that all season....

See, this is where you can play this argument over and over again with both Cousins and RG3.

RG3 played some pretty crappy defenses too. He was an absolute joke against the Broncos who have a bad d. He was awful against the eagles until the fourth quarter. He was terrible against the Cowboys who have one of the worst Defenses ever. Bad against the Raiders, Packers(terrible D), and Giants. Technically, he only had decent games against the Bears and the Vikings, and you could add the Chargers in there too.

I know we all want RG3 to be great, I still found myself making excuses, saying things like "Well, Cousins gets to play 3 crappy defenses in a row in ATlanta, Dallas and NYG" But truth is, if Cousins continues to play like this, I will be jumping on his bandwagon and praying we trade RG and get a 1st rd pick out of it, because honestly, right now, we invested too much into something that might not equal out.

And, for the record, people need to start realizing Griffin just might not ever be the same because of his knee. Remember Carson Palmer? He was on his way to being one of the best QBs in the league. Had a record year, and in 2004-2005 he led the Bengals to their first division title in MANY years. He was on fire, pro bowler etc; Then, in the home playoff game against Pittsburgh he got hit low tore his acl lcl and mcl, and has never been the same since (which by the way, they were up like 17-0 or something, if Palmer doesnt get hurt they would have won the game and Steelers never win that super bowl). We have to start possibly accepting that theres a chance Griffin may never be the same either.

See, this is where you can play this argument over and over again with both Cousins and RG3.

RG3 played some pretty crappy defenses too. He was an absolute joke against the Broncos who have a bad d. He was awful against the eagles until the fourth quarter. He was terrible against the Cowboys who have one of the worst Defenses ever. Bad against the Raiders, Packers(terrible D), and Giants. Technically, he only had decent games against the Bears and the Vikings, and you could add the Chargers in there too.

I know we all want RG3 to be great, I still found myself making excuses, saying things like "Well, Cousins gets to play 3 crappy defenses in a row in ATlanta, Dallas and NYG" But truth is, if Cousins continues to play like this, I will be jumping on his bandwagon and praying we trade RG and get a 1st rd pick out of it, because honestly, right now, we invested too much into something that might not equal out.

And, for the record, people need to start realizing Griffin just might not ever be the same because of his knee. Remember Carson Palmer? He was on his way to being one of the best QBs in the league. Had a record year, and in 2004-2005 he led the Bengals to their first division title in MANY years. He was on fire, pro bowler etc; Then, in the home playoff game against Pittsburgh he got hit low tore his acl lcl and mcl, and has never been the same since (which by the way, they were up like 17-0 or something, if Palmer doesnt get hurt they would have won the game and Steelers never win that super bowl). We have to start possibly accepting that theres a chance Griffin may never be the same either.

I'm not saying that Cousins is a bad player or I would root for him as our QB. I actually love Cousins but to have this conversation at this point is absolutely stupid. Writing off a second year QB with no offseason is absolutely ridiculous.

My point was not to praise griffin and put down cousins because I think they are both great players. But we are so fickle as a fan base and seemingly are always ready to write someone off so quickly.

As to the games that you say Griffin played bad the giants and raiders shouldn't be included in there (giants game he performed very well).

And when you say Kirk keeps playing this way you do mean this last game where he accounted for 3 of our 7 turnovers right? I would exactly jump on the trade Griffin bandwagon for that.

Point being I don't think it's time to write off Griffin as a player. I think you need to give him a full offseason of work and let him follow the traditional

Learning curve of an NFL QB before we can write him off. Look what happened to Cam the last few years.

Agree with ^^^ above.  It's not like Cousins went 30-35 with 5 TDs and no turnovers.  He turned the ball over 3 times and was sacked early on.  While he had a good game, I wouldn't put it in the great category and in no way do I think it was any better than Griffin's best game this year.  I agree with you that Girffin needs the offseason and we need a new voice at the top.

Archived