Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins Interview (Post Game)

tiny33

Did anyone see the post game interview with Kirk Cousins. RG3 needs too take lessons from this guy. He knows how to say all the right things. He lauded his teammates and coaches and  excepted responsibility for his mistakes. I would not trade this guy, and would go into the next season with an open competition. I know everyone will scream we gave up too many draft picks, but you play the players who give you the best chance to win.

Did anyone see the post game interview with Kirk Cousins. RG3 needs too take lessons from this guy. He knows how to say all the right things. He lauded his teammates and coaches and excepted responsibility for his mistakes. I would not trade this guy, and would go into the next season with an open competition. I know everyone will scream we gave up too many draft picks, but you play the players who give you the best chance to win.

I think that's absolutely absurd to say after one decent game against a 3-10 team. The falcons started 5 rookies on defense.

Also did you happened to notice that the coaching staff played to kirks strengths today. We haven't seen that all season....

Also did you happened to notice that the coaching staff played to kirks strengths today. We haven't seen that all season....

They have played to RG3's strengths all year, all he can do is run read option and throw to wide open guys.

Yes, I heard Kirk's PC. He is everything you want in a leader. Took ALL the blame(when he didn't deserve all of it), and praised his teammates.

I don't see the need to keep bashing rg3 because some people feel like he's the nicer guy. I get it, everyone likes the underdog but please stop. Both of these players are redskins and should not be compared against each other based on post game media interviews. These are two totally different qb's, they will have their differences. I don't think we need to make a thread everytime to point that out.

I thought Cousins sounded really good in his post game press conference, He applauded the play of his teammates and took responsibility for his play, good and bad.  I like how he spoke about the fault of leading the wrs on those in routes, that resulted in the INT's.  I dont think this is really a knock on RG3, to say Kirk looked smoother from the pocket, and more decisive in the passing game, and quicker in his reads.  Griff has all the physical tools, he can do things that Cousins can only dream of, but he can learn a couple things from Kirk, there's no shame in that.  I think its important to hold on to Kirk, and have a little competition in the off season, RG3 should be able to handle that.  No one was complaining when he took it competitively to win that little strong man comp of sit ups, pull ups etc ... so whats the big deal with a lil qb competition ... gotta learn the position, both of them have room to improve thats for sure.

I thought Cousins sounded really good in his post game press conference, He applauded the play of his teammates and took responsibility for his play, good and bad. I like how he spoke about the fault of leading the wrs on those in routes, that resulted in the INT's. I dont think this is really a knock on RG3, to say Kirk looked smoother from the pocket, and more decisive in the passing game, and quicker in his reads. Griff has all the physical tools, he can do things that Cousins can only dream of, but he can learn a couple things from Kirk, there's no shame in that. I think its important to hold on to Kirk, and have a little competition in the off season, RG3 should be able to handle that. No one was complaining when he took it competitively to win that little strong man comp of sit ups, pull ups etc ... so whats the big deal with a lil qb competition ... gotta learn the position, both of them have room to improve thats for sure.

Rg3 lauded his teammates last season as well. He also stated he would vote for Morris for o rookie of the year. He never says me, because it is a team effort and he has taken blame. We are losing this year and all the negatives are overblown. Go rg3 and httr

He was good today.  From really only having a week with the first team on solid practice, I thought he did very well.

And when he has to throw the ball away, he can launch that sucker.

And since the OP didn't post a link to the presser, I'll go hunt it down...I just got home from the game.

He was good today.  From really only having a week with the first team on solid practice, I thought he did very well.

And when he has to throw the ball away, he can launch that sucker.

And since the OP didn't post a link to the presser, I'll go hunt it down...I just got home from the game.

You managed to not get arrested or kill anyone?

I'ma so proud. Well don you! (And if you're sending this from jail then big ass ^5 B&G anarchist.  :P.).

Hail. 

You managed to not get arrested or kill anyone?

I'ma so proud. Well don you! (And if you're sending this from jail then big ass ^5 B&G anarchist.  :P.).

Hail.

Thanks! The guy next to me is a lurker here from Detroit, whose co-worker is a relative of Kirk's, so he's familiar with your posts...in a positive way! I've got loads of pics & video, once I get it all downloaded, I'll post some.

And yes, I managed to make it through without a new set of bracelets...LOTS of Skins fans there, and a lot of them traveled, so HAIL to them!

Sorry for the de-rail!

I think Kirk did a real good job today. His progressions and pump fakes seemed ahead of how RG3 played all season. He spread the ball around and all you have to do is look at his eyes during the play to know he wasn't locking in on anything.  That being said I agree it is only one game against another bad defense. I would be against trading KC for anything other than a first round pick.  Otherwise his greatest value is on this team. 

You can say Cousins said all the right things, and he probably did (I haven't heard it yet, but Cousins is a smart guy), but remember, Griffin was on the sideline cheering Cousins along the whole time. Griffin was involved in the game, listening to calls, watching plays, talking to Cousins...

I think both of our current quarterbacks handled themselves admirably today.

7 turnovers -- 5 fumbles -- is unreal.  Take away 1/2 of them (and take away 10 of the Falcons points off T/Os) and then give us 2 FGs + the XP, and it's 33-17.  That's what the score should have been.  Kirk keeps playing like that and we could get a 2nd for him.  That lets a team that needs a QB but isn't comfortable gambling take a more secure pick.

You can say Cousins said all the right things, and he probably did (I haven't heard it yet, but Cousins is a smart guy), but remember, Griffin was on the sideline cheering Cousins along the whole time. Griffin was involved in the game, listening to calls, watching plays, talking to Cousins...

I think both of our current quarterbacks handled themselves admirably today.

They don't hear you though

Archived