Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Syncweekly.com: Not always sunny in Philadelphia

Destino

Not always sunny in Philadelphia

Shawn Andrews sat in the bedroom of his mother’s rundown rented home in Camden and watched on television as Donovan McNabb writhed in pain with a broken fibula. Little did the future University of Arkansas All-American tackle know that two years later he’d be protecting the Philadelphia Eagles star.

In light of the recent bullying case in the Miami Dolphins locker room involving second-year lineman Jonathan Martin and veteran teammate Richie Incognito, Andrews has spoken out about a rocky relationship with McNabb. During a recent radio interview on Philadelphia radio, Andrews says he was “disgusted” by how McNabb treated him.

Andrews alleges McNabb and other Eagles players spread rumors concerning Andrews’ sexual orientation. The gossip spread to other players on different NFL teams, and by the end of his six years in Philadelphia, Andrews had contemplated suicide and eventually had to seek psychiatric treatment, which meant missing the 2008 training camp.

“It just felt like I was in a living hell,” Andrews says of his time with the Eagles.

Multiple attempts to reach McNabb through his representation about Andrews’ allegations were unsuccessful. He also hasn’t responded publicly to the radio interview.

http://www.syncweekly.com/news/2013/nov/19/not-always-sunny-philadelphia/

Shawn Andrews talks about how McNabb was a dbag and Eagles players thought peeing on eachother in the shower was funny.  

I don't know if I'm willing to write off everything that he says as the ramblings of a crazy person.  Andrews was treated for depression it's not like he was hallucinating things in the locker room.  The more McNabb talks the more he appears to fit the description of arrogant jerk.  

I don't know if I'm willing to write off everything that he says as the ramblings of a crazy person.  Andrews was treated for depression it's not like he was hallucinating things in the locker room.  The more McNabb talks the more he appears to fit the description of arrogant jerk.  

We've said that for YEARS, yet it was billed as "idiotic Philly fans". IMO Andy Reid should be commended for keeping that locker room together for as long as he did b/c it seemed obvious that a lot of the players didn't like him.  He was the best QB the team's ever had, but his passive-aggressive approach really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.   

Archived