Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forbath, Royster, Others Inactive Vs. Packers

"Nowhere near the same QB" - He needs time but RG3 is not that far off. His QB rating in the GB game was over 104, his yards passing was over 300, his touchdowns thrown were 3, his one INT was a pass on “should have been” 1st down on a 4th down that Josh Morgan allowed the ball to get through his grasp only to fall into a LBs hands. The defense knew he had to pass on just about every play but still failed to slow him. He was stymied more by the dropped passes than GBs defense in the 2nd half.  The point is his passes are off, his timing with the WRs needs work, and he needs time to regain full mobility but his overall play is not awful. If he get his game going sooner rather than later after these last two games then the notion that Cousins should be out there will disappear faster than a fart in a wind storm. After week 2, it should be obvious the primary issue in being so far behind is poor defense. The rust of RG3’s play is secondary to the real problem with the team losing.

Again, look at where Adrian Peterson was last season. Did any Viking fans or so called pundits there suggest putting in another RB when he failed to hit 100 yards until week 4 and then only hitting his second century mark after week 7?

No one should have expected RG3 to come on the field day one and light it up like he was never injured. It's still a testament of his own hard work that he could physically be cleared and play in the 1st game. The team needed the running game and defense to carry the weight while RG3 returns to form and not the other way around. Starting Cousins is not the solution.

ok I never said we need to bench rg3 for cousins now I simply said cousins should have started theses games if in fact rg3 was not able to run the O 100% and so far rg3 is not able to run the zone read and there's where I question the risk of playing our 4 pick QB when its obvious he is not ready to play at full strength. as for AP he may not have got his 100 yds but he never showed he was not able to hit a hole due to playing shape or strength, rg3 has shown us all he does not plant hard when passing this tells me he is not ready!

look jdhawk4skins your excuse for not running the zone read is not accurate we were up 7-0 in the eagle game and we did not run 1 zone read play we were in a 12 -7 game with over 1.5 quarters played without a zone read play.

1st offensive series and one play AM fumbles

2nd offensive series and one play RG3 throws and INT

3rd offensive series and AM botches the pitch in the end zone for a safety.

Point? There were no sustained drives early in the Eagles in the second half to allow opportunity to use the zone read.

Both the Eagles and GB blitzed the run out of the gate. If RG3 is not rusty then they'd have to respect the pass and back off on the blitz packages. Once the defense reacts to the passing attack then the zone read is open to use again. This has nothing to do with RG3's health! Yes his mechanics are not yet fully back and yes his timing is off. But stop the hyperbole about his health.

As Kyle and Mike Shanahan have stated many times; they expect defenses to key on the zone read this season and when they do then they'll exploit other opportunities.

With Cousins you have no zone read at all and then the offense is basically the same as what RG3 is running now. A slightly sharper Cousins most like doesn’t change the outcome of either game and RG3 would be just rusting away on the bench. Great game plan there!

jdhawk4skins we were in a 12-7 game for 1.5 quarters against philly and did not run a zone read play, for one reason rg3 is not ready. you can not sit here and tell me we would not have run a zone read run last season in this same situation can you?

look we ran 20 plus plays in a 12-7 game without a zone read run ...why? rg3 is not ready for it that's why! ;)

yes I have watched both games and  in the eagle game our O ran only 21 plays on 7 drives in first half for zero points. packer game our O ran 24 plays on 6 drives in first half for zero points. now you do the math and then tell me about the D needs to produce more 3 in outs  that's funny! as for you saying griff is running he had 4 runs in the pack game for 1 yard. griff has  3 INTS and 1 fumble and has been sacked 4 times in 2 games with a QBR of 23.45 . like I said this entire team has not been prepared and has not executed very well in the first 2 games!

quit trying belittle things ,you saw the games ,here how it works if,the defense secondary plays better which really is on haselett

we stop them and Griffin is able to get things started in the first half we score points  different outcome .

as it is right now defensive secondary doesn't stop em the other team scores points we fall behind and the same outcome.

think of it like a table of dominos one thing goes wrong and the dominos start to fall and everything looks bad but figure out what caused the dominos to fall stopping them then things get better. .so with better pass coverage and tackling  Griffin has time to work his magic morris runs over a 100 and we win the game its that simple a child could figure it out !!!!

ok I never said we need to bench rg3 for cousins now I simply said cousins should have started theses games if in fact rg3 was not able to run the O 100% and so far rg3 is not able to run the zone read

ok I never said we need to bench rg3 for cousins [never said this]

now I simply said cousins should have started theses games if in fact rg3 was not able to run the O 100% [okay run offense 100% or bench RG3 for cousin ...gotcha!

and so far rg3 is not able to run the zone read [so RG3 is not able to run the zone read and hence can't run the O 100% ...so how is this not a declaration that RG3 should be benched for Cousins?]

Look at your statement and tell me you don't see the contridiction?

as for AP he may not have got his 100 yds but he never showed he was not able to hit a hole due to playing shape or strength, rg3 has shown us all he does not plant hard when passing this tells me he is not ready!

Not completely true! Many have reported that by the second half of the Eagles game his mechanics in his footwork were much better and he was plantinig and throwing off his front foot. The issue with the planting of the foot was a result of pressure. Yes, RG3 was not adept to throwing under pressure since returning back from a major knee surgery. I expect he may react gingerly about his knee at times and especially under pressure since he is human afterall. This is mental and not physical. This is why it was important to put him on the field as long as his knee is healed and cleared by the doctors. You want to deal and correct this issue early and not wait until mid season where he could very well have these same issues.

jdhawk4skins we were in a 12-7 game for 1.5 quarters against philly and did not run a zone read play, for one reason rg3 is not ready. you can not sit here and tell me we would not have run a zone read run last season in this same situation can you?

Sure I can since the zone read was a small percentage of the total offense ran last season. Did you think we ran the zone read option the majority of the times? Again, the Eagles were blitzing the run and that negates using the zone read. The zone read is only possible when teams respect the pass. RG3 accuracy was off and the Eagles gambled it would be. They got it right and put together a game plan to force offense out of the zone read. This had nothing to do with RG3 health issues. You may want that to be true but it's not. If the doctors cleared RG3 when he is not healthy and the coach plays RG3 when he is not healthy then you can bet careers will be destroyed real fast. The issue is about rusty timing and mechanics that need to be worked out.

look jdhawk4skins I do not understand your post with the red  jumbo, bottom line quote my post where I say we need to bench rg3 ??? I don't think you can!

one more time I said we should have started cousins until rg3 was ready to run our O @ 100% and BTW i'm not the only person thinking - saying this ;)

quit trying belittle things ,you saw the games ,here how it works if,the defense secondary plays better which really is on haselett

we stop them and Griffin is able to get things started in the first half we score points  different outcome .

as it is right now defensive secondary doesn't stop em the other team scores points we fall behind and the same outcome.

think of it like a table of dominos one thing goes wrong and the dominos start to fall and everything looks bad but figure out what caused the dominos to fall stopping them then things get better. .so with better pass coverage and tackling  Griffin has time to work his magic morris runs over a 100 and we win the game its that simple a child could figure it out !!!!

hailyeah these are facts not sure about you saying "quit trying belittle things"

yes I have watched both games and  in the eagle game our O ran only 21 plays on 7 drives in first half for zero points. packer game our O ran 24 plays on 6 drives in first half for zero points. now you do the math and then tell me about the D needs to produce more 3 in outs  that's funny! as for you saying griff is running he had 4 runs in the pack game for 1 yard. griff has  3 INTS and 1 fumble and has been sacked 4 times in 2 games with a QBR of 23.45 . like I said this entire team has not been prepared and has not executed very well in the first 2 games!

and as for you saying "the game its that simple a child could figure it out !!!!" maybe you would make the next hall of fame coach? ;)

Sure I can since the zone read was a small percentage of the total offense ran last season. Did you think we ran the zone read option the majority of the times?

hail jdhawk,

your right the read option is a small percentage  its the pistol formation is what we used more with read option working off of it or we run the ball off of it  sometimes we run a full shotgun and is griffin under center sometimes too!!! 

but we might be talking to deaf ears ,and i'm sad to say this is a familiar road i never wanted to travel on again!!!

look jdhawk4skins I do not understand your post with the red  jumbo, bottom line quote my post where I say we need to bench rg3 ??? I don't think you can!

one more time I said we should have started cousins until rg3 was ready to run our O @ 100% and BTW i'm not the only person thinking - saying this ;)

hailyeah these are facts not sure about you saying "quit trying belittle things"

and as for you saying "the game its that simple a child could figure it out !!!!" maybe you would make the next hall of fame coach? ;)

yep !zoom right over the head i was trying to explain why things look bad and you repeat the same post  talking about deaf ears but 

hey thanks for the compliment i just might make good coach but i'll leave the coaching of our team to Coach Shannahan  the next HOF coach inducted !!!!

look jdhawk4skins I do not understand your post with the red jumbo, bottom line quote my post where I say we need to bench rg3 ??? I don't think you can!
It was laid out for you so I'm sorry you just are not grasping it. Reading with repitition is a necesssity for some so I hope you'll keep trying.

one more time I said we should have started cousins until rg3 was ready to run our O @ 100% and BTW i'm not the only person thinking - saying this ;)

Which is an admission to the fact you are suggesting RG3 be benched over Cousins.

It was laid out for you so I'm sorry you just are not grasping it. Reading with repitition is a necesssity for some so I hope you'll keep trying.

Which is an admission to the fact you are suggesting RG3 be benched over Cousins.

hail jdhawk i got it starting cousins no matter at the start of the season or for the next game is still benching Griffin

there is no difference and our friend doesn't seem to comprehend it!!!

look we ran 20 plus plays in a 12-7 game without a zone read run ...why? rg3 is not ready for it that's why! ;)

Hey youneedayoungman- the reason the read option wasn't run is when your defense gets your team behind so quickly that you have to run passing plays in order to catch up. Dude- that is elementary football and you don't get it do you. To say Griff  isn't ready is wrong because physically he is ready but mentally he's still got issues and the only remedy is to play ball.

Hey youneedayoungman- the reason the read option wasn't run is when your defense gets your team behind so quickly that you have to run passing plays in order to catch up. Dude- that is elementary football and you don't get it do you. To say Griff  isn't ready is wrong because physically he is ready but mentally he's still got issues and the only remedy is to play ball.

ok manchild157, 12-7 is not behind enough to give up on the run game and go to all passing in order to catch up as you suggest. then you say i'm wrong to say rg3 is not ready, but you go on to explain he is not ready mentally but he is physically, so is he ready or is he not? not sure I understand your argument?  

ok manchild157, 12-7 is not behind enough to give up on the run game and go to all passing in order to catch up as you suggest. then you say i'm wrong to say rg3 is not ready, but you go on to explain he is not ready mentally but he is physically, so is he ready or is he not? not sure I understand your argument?

The point manchild is making is that you don't mentailly prepare someone for a game by benching him. His rust passing the ball and in his mechanics was to be expected. His need to gain confidence in the repaired knee was expected. None of those issues are resolved by benching the player. Smart coaching is to play him now and work through those issues early instead of waiting until it is too late. I suggest moving on since no one here is speaking up to support your notion that RG3 is not fully healthy and as a result is unable to play 100% of the offense.

ok manchild157, 12-7 is not behind enough to give up on the run game and go to all passing in order to catch up as you suggest. then you say i'm wrong to say rg3 is not ready, but you go on to explain he is not ready mentally but he is physically, so is he ready or is he not? not sure I understand your argument?  

There are always going to people no matter how well you explain things that are just too thick to comprehend certain things. A result of too rigis/narrow thinking or too stubborn to release their hatred for a coaching staff to listen I'm not going to bang ny head on your rockhard head to explain anything else to you. One more time...he was cleared by Dr. Andrews to play, Coach Shanahan cleared him to play. He has to work through this mental thing to convince his mind that the knee is ok and strong, only way to do that is to be on the field in game situations. Practice won't do it, he could practice till next training camp and still have to go thru this challenge. I assume you never played sports nor had a serious injury so I'm feeling more and more as though I'm talking to someone not smart enough to understand this situation.

When the hell was the score 12-7? It was 30+ to 0 in the 1st half.

I think there is a difference between is he healthy enough and does he enough confidence in the knee yet. If he is physically not ready (which the doctors and MS say he is) then he should not be playing.

Since he is playing, at least in the opinion of the doctors and MS it has to be he is not confident in the knee yet. It did indeed take AP 6 games to get that confidence. But he is RB and the team was 4-2 during that stretch.

I truly believe we will get our answer this weekend. If they were just babying him and he is fine, then it should rain some RGIII as they should get much more aggressive in the play calling. If they don't do that then we have to assume he is not as physically ready as we have been led to believe.

I will be at the game so I hope it's the first and we strip those kittys of one of their nine lives!!

Continuing on that note -  Let's shelve the whats wrong question for a minute. What do we do if we go into the break 0-4? I certainly don't; want that, but until we wiin it's a possibility. compound that with the last loss will have been to Oakland!!  Just posing a question.

I think there is a difference between is he healthy enough and does he enough confidence in the knee yet. If he is physically not ready (which the doctors and MS say he is) then he should not be playing.

Since he is playing, at least in the opinion of the doctors and MS it has to be he is not confident in the knee yet. It did indeed take AP 6 games to get that confidence. But he is RB and the team was 4-2 during that stretch.

I truly believe we will get our answer this weekend. If they were just babying him and he is fine, then it should rain some RGIII as they should get much more aggressive in the play calling. If they don't do that then we have to assume he is not as physically ready as we have been led to believe.

I will be at the game so I hope it's the first and we strip those kittys of one of their nine lives!!

Continuing on that note -  Let's shelve the whats wrong question for a minute. What do we do if we go into the break 0-4? I certainly don't; want that, but until we wiin it's a possibility. compound that with the last loss will have been to Oakland!!  Just posing a question.

hail goskins,

well i can't see them babying him when we  get behind and the running game is nil  and he has to pass for us to catch up.

but something isn't right whether its just falling behind  the brace bothering him or mental -learning to trust the knee again.

now 0-4 is possibility but we should at least be 1-3 before the bye hopefully 2-2

This is what could be considered combative or name calling. If I may be so bold to suggest that we all get along. Just because someone see's thing differently doesn't mean we should battle or attack them. This is EXACTLY how the old format was ruined. Just say'in....

HTTR!!!

No, what ruined the old format was this guy who flame the fires of trolldom. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have called him that. I welcome different points of views and it's boring if everyone thought the same but this guy doesn't operate off of having a different opinion...he wants to spew his hate through illogical acquisations and then wants everyone to take time to explaining things to him therefore tying up the whole thread. Are you kidding? That's all this guy wants is a fight, you can easily see with his posts. Canada, your a good guy but you're talking to the wrong guy. HTTR!!

No, what ruined the old format was this guy who flame the fires of trolldom. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have called him that. I welcome different points of views and it's boring if everyone thought the same but this guy doesn't operate off of having a different opinion...he wants to spew his hate through illogical acquisations and then wants everyone to take time to explaining things to him therefore tying up the whole thread. Are you kidding? That's all this guy wants is a fight, you can easily see with his posts. Canada, your a good guy but you're talking to the wrong guy. HTTR!!

hey guys it looks like a certain someone has been banned .see above !!!

from now on if there is a problem like this or if you want to talk personally off topic it would be good to use the PM feature so we won't violate the off topic rule !!!

Wasn't my intent to get him banned nor did I report ''weneed'' to the staff monitors. So, in closing on this topic I can only say that justice may have been served but glad it wasn't my judgement to make. HTTR!!

hey guys it looks like a certain someone has been banned .see above !!!

from now on if there is a problem like this or if you want to talk personally off topic it would be good to use the PM feature so we won't violate the off topic rule !!!

There has been pm conversations between a few of us on this topic and seems the concensus was to give him a little rope and he'll hang himself....figuretively ...not literrally.

The aforementioned person from the last comments was never about having a discussion with a person having a different point of view. This was about a person with an agenda to distort information and twist facts to keep the topic on defacing the RG3, the coach, and his staff. This was his MO before the new format and he came here to continue that agenda. To say the "we need" poster just had a different opinion is only scratching the surface and not providing the complete picture. Every comment he made when he started was an attack on the coaching staff. This included a misguided quote on Shanahan to make it appear he had made an ignorant comment about the team improving when he was referring to a specific aspect of the offense getting better between the two games. When every word verbatim was provided to him that provided the true meaning of Shanahan's quote, he turned on the user and made another false claim that he was spinning. Again this was the same MO as before with this poster. This is all the evidence anyone here should need to know this was an intentional comment to deface a coach and antagonize fans that want to keep the facts accurate.
Many here can get upset about discussions that get out of context and rephrasing of “we need” user name which regardless of how funny it may have been may have violated a rule. However what upsets me about many viewers here is how you can allow false information, distortion of facts, and outright lies go on with no rebuke. It is those distorted comments that create the discourse because the poster with the agenda keeps stretching his lies to his own enjoyment. Ironically when the discourse grows ugly, it becomes a matter ot the manner in which a user's name was rephrased that just had "a difference in opinion"? ...really!

Archived