Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forbath, Royster, Others Inactive Vs. Packers

HAIL HAILYEAH1!

Do we know that for sure?

HTTR!!!

HAIL Canadian we do not know for sure and the way I see it if we can't turn RG3 loose because he is not ready he should have never started week 1. Ooh well its done now and we sit at 0-2 BTW I'm not putting the blame on RG3 its our entire team and staff, we look lost in these first 2 games all across the board!

OK, I didn't get that you were talking about AFTER we get behind. I agree that a QB controversy wouldn't be a good thing but If we keep seeing games like we have the last 2 I think it's going to be inevitable that there's going to be one.

HTTR!!!

yeah the media is already trying kick that issue around ,imagine if the internet as around for Sonny vs Billy  or for Coach Allen and his spy issue at practices!!!

HAIL Canadian we do not know for sure and the way I see it if we can't turn RG3 loose because he is not ready he should have never started week 1. Ooh well its done now and we sit at 0-2 BTW I'm not putting the blame on RG3 its our entire team and staff, we look lost in these first 2 games all across the board!

well can't him loose when your defensive secondary can't tackle a wet duck in a fenced in pond ,i didn't see the game i seem to know more about what happened from the high/low lights than what your trying to tell  us !!!

I am going to post this because I really like many of the posters here and we have had a nice several months. 

I realize many of you have some strong feelings about some previous posters who have clearly made their way back. However, I urge you to refrain from trying to recite rules to them, threaten them with consequences or saying anything that may be considered combative. 

We have very active moderators here. They know the rules very well and have shown they have no problem acting quickly and decisively. If you are not careful you could find yourself on the wrong side of one of those decisions and I for one would hate for that to happen. I really enjoy this new forum and have every confidence the moderators will do what is best for the group based on the rules provided. 

Please let them do their jobs. 

Okay to put this to rest here is the part of the press conference in question 

On if he believes it is time to consider playing quarterback Kirk Cousinsicon-article-link.gif:

“No… We’ve got a lot of confidence in Robert, and as I mentioned, anytime you start out a little bit slow and we’re down as many points as we’ve been down and we get to a two-minute attack a little bit earlier than we would like to, you probably put people in the toughest situation you can. You want to win the game, you’ve got to get touchdowns quickly. I thought in the two games we did play, we did some good things. Not perfect by no means, but we’re getting better. We are getting better as a football team even though it didn’t look like it very much in the first half of either game.”

here's my take on it and it seems be the opinion that most of us have.....

the key word  here is " team " as in being together ,all for one  not how they played on the field which he went on to acknowledge wasn't very good in the first halves of either game . so it just proves that  someone is fishing for anything to bait us with !!!!

you have to look at the last 2 sentences as a whole ,remember "team" not how we played, to take something out of context and twist it into an agenda against our coach is pretty lame!!!

Cousin will get his chance somewhere else , or if griff gets hurt . Griff is rusty and his timing is still just a little off . That's it , and the real problem in the defense . Point blank

I could not agree more and RGIII and Cousins. Having said that, griff really can't physically run the entire off (ie the read option) then he needs to sit. If he can, take the kid gloves off and lets play football!!!  

Also, I said last year the loss of Carriker was more hurtful than the loss of Orakpo. I have seen nothing this year to change my mind. Orakpo has had some moments but he looks lost out there. I for one cannot wait till we get Rob Jackson back. Also, Jarvis Jenkins was really coming on last year. We need him back. 

One positive from the last two games is that Trent Williams currently is the highest ranking tackle according to PFF. Statistics show he has only 2 QB hurries, 0 QB hits, and 0 QB sacks allowed. That's just one QB hurry per game and actually was 0 from yesterday. As for Polumbus believe it or not he is ranked #14 right now with 5 QB hurries, 0 QB hits, and 1 QB sack. Of course 2 games is merely a sample size of the whole season but it seems to be a good start from both our tackles. It seems odd to see that pass protection from our tackles is so improved but was widely discussed as our biggest weakness in winning games last season.

Also Lich is the 2nd ranked Guard in the NFL according to the same site with the same three stats as Trent  2 QB hurries, 0 QB hits, and 0 QB sacks allowed. Chester is not doing so well with a 29th ranking.

Defense rankings from PFF? .well let's just say that this expression  :huh:  ...is all you'll want to know for now.

I am going to post this because I really like many of the posters here and we have had a nice several months. 

I realize many of you have some strong feelings about some previous posters who have clearly made their way back. However, I urge you to refrain from trying to recite rules to them, threaten them with consequences or saying anything that may be considered combative. 

We have very active moderators here. They know the rules very well and have shown they have no problem acting quickly and decisively. If you are not careful you could find yourself on the wrong side of one of those decisions and I for one would hate for that to happen. I really enjoy this new forum and have every confidence the moderators will do what is best for the group based on the rules provided. 

Please let them do their jobs. 

hail goskins  

i agree this has been great with the new format  you me fanforlife and a few other got caught up in that old delete game on the old format that someone  was playing on us. the best way though is to PM if there is an issue other than the topic at hand that way we don't clog up the thread because technically this is a rule voilation!!

Okay to put this to rest here is the part of the press conference in question 

On if he believes it is time to consider playing quarterback Kirk Cousinsicon-article-link.gif:

“No… We’ve got a lot of confidence in Robert, and as I mentioned, anytime you start out a little bit slow and we’re down as many points as we’ve been down and we get to a two-minute attack a little bit earlier than we would like to, you probably put people in the toughest situation you can. You want to win the game, you’ve got to get touchdowns quickly. I thought in the two games we did play, we did some good things. Not perfect by no means, but we’re getting better. We are getting better as a football team even though it didn’t look like it very much in the first half of either game.”

here's my take on it and it seems be the opinion that most of us have.....

the key word  here is " team " as in being together ,all for one  not how they played on the field which he went on to acknowledge wasn't very good in the first halves of either game . so it just proves that  someone is fishing for anything to bait us with !!!!

you have to look at the last 2 sentences as a whole ,remember "team" not how we played, to take something out of context and twist it into an agenda against our coach is pretty lame!!!

sorry this is not the part at all I said he MS said the team was getting better that's all and said I did not understand that statement! I also said it was at the 1;13 mark or so, had nothing to do with cousins so not sure why you keep this up just go back and read the entire thread and maybe you can see what has come by such a little statement in which some have tried to spin now in so many ways?

I could not agree more and RGIII and Cousins. Having said that, griff really can't physically run the entire off (ie the read option) then he needs to sit. If he can, take the kid gloves off and lets play football!!!  

Also, I said last year the loss of Carriker was more hurtful than the loss of Orakpo. I have seen nothing this year to change my mind. Orakpo has had some moments but he looks lost out there. I for one cannot wait till we get Rob Jackson back. Also, Jarvis Jenkins was really coming on last year. We need him back. 

goskins10 that's what I said and IMO if griff cant run this O 100% he should not be starting. not sure what's so wrong about that?

let me ask this if KC was starting and playing like RG3 has played these 2 games most fans would be screaming bloody murder so why not when its the other way around? what's fair one way is fair the other!

okay here's the other part that he mentioned anything close to about being better

On how to improve tackling:

“What we are going to do is go back; you always work on assignments. You have gap responsibilities in the running game and sometimes when you do miss a tackle or two, you have got to get help from the secondary. So you can’t really practice it a lot. You are only allowed to have pads on one day a week, and normally you don’t take people to the ground, but what you do is you do have a sense of urgency to have your gap responsibility, practice at full speed, and that gives you a chance to get better. I’ve been with a lot of football teams that didn’t tackle at all, a lot of very good defensive football teams, and just practicing at full speed to get guys the ball gives you a chance to be pretty good.”

this was before the last question/answer there was nothing and i mean nothing else  remotely close in the rest of the of the press conference 

so i have reviewed/reread both transcript and video there is nothing else to give you  the benefit of the doubt  if it was there where is it?

IMO you cant' put the blame on any one area. Our D, O and STs have all looked really bad for the most part, also all 3 have looked good at times but unfortunately the bad has out weighed the good. My biggest concern is why put our 4 pick franchise QB on the field if he truly is not healthy enough to run our O  at 100% , he has still not showed he can plant like he needs to and he surly has not been able to run when needed. I think we have a much capable back up QB in cousins so why risk playing our supposed franchise QB in this fashion? I guess the big question is why take the risk like we did last season, is it worth it in the long haul? 

The comments that RG3 is not healthy enough to run 100% of the offense is unsubstantiated but I'll let the coach close out this rumor...

On if the reduction in designed runs for Griffin III are dictated by his recovery or by game situations:

“Like I’ve said, we’ve got the ability to do everything we’ve done a year ago. Both of the situations in the second half of our first two games, we got in the two-minute mode very quickly. The score was very obvious, why we did. We’ll let the season go on, and hopefully you guys will see some of the execution that you saw last season.”

His full transcript is just a few articles away on this same site.

The comments that RG3 is not healthy enough to run 100% of the offense is unsubstantiated but I'll let the coach close out this rumor...

His full transcript is just a few articles away on this same site.

yes I read this and IMO RG3 is not ready or not allowed  to run the read option, MS is not going to tell the entire NFL world RG3 is not ready to run this, so i'm not sure your point here? it's pretty obvious he is nowhere near the same QB running or throwing and this is the same coach who told us all he did not think RG3 was hurt last season.

yes I read this and IMO RG3 is not ready or not allowed  to run the read option, MS is not going to tell the entire NFL world RG3 is not ready to run this, so i'm not sure your point here? it's pretty obvious he is nowhere near the same QB running or throwing and this is the same coach who told us all he did not think RG3 was hurt last season.

did you even watch the game ,i just just saw the the film clips and figured out whats going on .

Griffin is healthy the brace hes wearing is constrictive but he is running.you can't do much when your not on the field .the defensive secondary is out of position giving up chunks of yardage and points digging a whole that NO qb can dig out from

if the defense produces more 3 and outs in the first half  this would a different story punting isn't all that good but same problem if the defense stops em score more points and we don't punt so much and we win .

Bino hailyeah 1....the knee brace slowing our boy down

hail dorrell, the brace is bothering the Griffin i think it is slowing him also .

he was hitting in the game yesturday  they had to change it  but he seems when they sustain  drives alls well 

but not to sound like a broken record digging hole that no qb can dig out of is not the way to play the game.

did you even watch the game ,i just just saw the the film clips and figured out whats going on .

Griffin is healthy the brace hes wearing is constrictive but he is running.you can't do much when your not on the field .the defensive secondary is out of position giving up chunks of yardage and points digging a whole that NO qb can dig out from

if the defense produces more 3 and outs in the first half  this would a different story punting isn't all that good but same problem if the defense stops em score more points and we don't punt so much and we win .

yes I have watched both games and  in the eagle game our O ran only 21 plays on 7 drives in first half for zero points. packer game our O ran 24 plays on 6 drives in first half for zero points. now you do the math and then tell me about the D needs to produce more 3 in outs  that's funny! as for you saying griff is running he had 4 runs in the pack game for 1 yard. griff has  3 INTS and 1 fumble and has been sacked 4 times in 2 games with a QBR of 23.45 . like I said this entire team has not been prepared and has not executed very well in the first 2 games!

hail dorrell, the brace is bothering the Griffin i think it is slowing him also .

he was hitting in the game yesturday  they had to change it  but he seems when they sustain  drives alls well 

but not to sound like a broken record digging hole that no qb can dig out of is not the way to play the game.

yes griff was beating on his brace after getting hit and the brace bent, it looked as if he was trying to bend it back on the field, this is why they changed it.

yes I read this and IMO RG3 is not ready or not allowed to run the read option, MS is not going to tell the entire NFL world RG3 is not ready to run this, so i'm not sure your point here? it's pretty obvious he is nowhere near the same QB running or throwing and this is the same coach who told us all he did not think RG3 was hurt last season

My point is your opinion doesn't hold water compared to what the coach is stating. You don't know what MS knows and doesn't know. So why pose questions on some opinion of yours that is not based on facts? An opinion where your only intent is to create the illusion that RG3 is playing hurt. The read option is a run base option. So in order to use it you can't be behind 20 plus points going into half time. Also what is that last statement about what MS told us? It seems like more deceptive and baiting statements that have no basis or facts.

What is obvious is that outside of your unsubstantiated and false statements is that RG3 is fully healed but needs time to be return to form or better from last year. Having him sit on the bench while Cousins starts won't aid in him reaching his fullest capability.

My point is your opinion doesn't hold water compared to what the coach is stating. You don't know what MS knows and doesn't know. So why pose questions on some opinion of yours that is not based on facts? An opinion where your only intent is to create the illusion that RG3 is playing hurt. The read option is a run base option. So in order to use it you can't be behind 20 plus points going into half time. Also what is that last statement about what MS told us? It seems like more deceptive and baiting statements that have no basis or facts.

What is obvious is that outside of your unsubstantiated and false statements is that RG3 is fully healed but needs time to be return to form or better from last year. Having him sit on the bench while Cousins starts won't aid in him reaching his fullest capability.

look jdhawk4skins your excuse for not running the zone read is not accurate we were up 7-0 in the eagle game and we did not run 1 zone read play we were in a 12 -7 game with over 1.5 quarters played without a zone read play. at least keep it real  everyone knows we are not running the zone read for one reason, rg3 is not ready for it period. he does not even plant hard on that leg when passing you can come up with all the excuses you want your only fooling yourself!

Believe what you want, but practice is very important . Griff missed all of it , he wasn't allowed to throw to any of the healthy WR. .. I remember arguing with polo about rg3 and the wr going to texas to practice . I was told it was stupid and counter productive . Well I guess my point is proven . Wish I was wrong ,but I'm not

"Nowhere near the same QB" - He needs time but RG3 is not that far off. His QB rating in the GB game was over 104, his yards passing was over 300, his touchdowns thrown were 3, his one INT was a pass on “should have been” 1st down on a 4th down that Josh Morgan allowed the ball to get through his grasp only to fall into a LBs hands. The defense knew he had to pass on just about every play but still failed to slow him. He was stymied more by the dropped passes than GBs defense in the 2nd half.  The point is his passes are off, his timing with the WRs needs work, and he needs time to regain full mobility but his overall play is not awful. If he get his game going sooner rather than later after these last two games then the notion that Cousins should be out there will disappear faster than a fart in a wind storm. After week 2, it should be obvious the primary issue in being so far behind is poor defense. The rust of RG3’s play is secondary to the real problem with the team losing.

Again, look at where Adrian Peterson was last season. Did any Viking fans or so called pundits there suggest putting in another RB when he failed to hit 100 yards until week 4 and then only hitting his second century mark after week 7?

No one should have expected RG3 to come on the field day one and light it up like he was never injured. It's still a testament of his own hard work that he could physically be cleared and play in the 1st game. The team needed the running game and defense to carry the weight while RG3 returns to form and not the other way around. Starting Cousins is not the solution.

Archived