Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forbath, Royster, Others Inactive Vs. Packers

How can MS say this team is getting better in his post game interview? WOW I just cant understand that!

I watched the post game interview and MS never made that statement. The closest he came to making any such statement was when he said "I like the potential in this team" ...and so do I. So do you want to provide a link where he made this statement? It seems like you may have twisted his words so I suggest going back and watching it again.

well we  had two extra preseason games ,so to speak and here comes Detroit and then the raiders .

we need to tighten up the secondary ,getting behind playing catch up is making the whole team look bad .

its easy to blame Griffin but the real blame is the defense,at least we get a bye week 5 which may turn out to our advantage.!!!

We didn't spend 3 years building this team out of the cellar for the last two weeks. There is much good in this team that is yet to come out this season. Let's press forward and allow the coachs to work out these issues. The good will appear while oppressing most the bad.

agreed don't panic ,i guess its growing pains or a reality check!!!

well we  had two extra preseason games ,so to speak and here comes Detroit and then the raiders .

we need to tighten up the secondary ,getting behind playing catch up is making the whole team look bad .

its easy to blame Griffin but the real blame is the defense,at least we get a bye week 5 which may turn out to our advantage.!!!

Hail Yeah1- the defense has to realize that they need to keep these games close until Griff can lead this team on the field.

I watched the post game interview and MS never made that statement. The closest he came to making any such statement was when he said "I like the potential in this team" ...and so do I. So do you want to provide a link where he made this statement? It seems like you may have twisted his words so I suggest going back and watching it again.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Washington-Redskins-Postgame-Pressers/80888881-dbdd-4028-93c9-f2e10d6ec2b6

@ 1:13 or so into it, MS says we are getting better maybe you just missed it?

well this is year 4 no more excuses with growing pains, its more like "reality check" !

Hail Yeah1- the defense has to realize that they need to keep these games close until Griff can lead this team on the field.

manchild if griff cant lead this team put in cousins who can

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Washington-Redskins-Postgame-Pressers/80888881-dbdd-4028-93c9-f2e10d6ec2b6

@ 1:13 or so into it, MS says we are getting better maybe you just missed it?

No you are misstating what he said and it is obvious. His comment was...

Shananhan:

"In the second half we did make some bigger plays. We did keep some drives going and we got to do that the whole game. Ummm, its not going to happen over night [sic] we're getting better."

He is speaking about the offense's ability to make plays and sustain drives and he is comparing that from the last game. You quoting that he stated the team is getting better is an inaccurate depiction of the content behind his comment. When making critical comments about the coaching staff accuracy is required otherwise any such comment appear disingenuous.

hailyeah1, on 16 Sept 2013 - 13:50, said:snapback.png

well this is year 4 no more excuses with growing pains, its more like "reality check" !

Yes this is year 4 and he has already rebuilt the roster and brought us a franchise quarterback, a playoff, and a NFC East Championship while sweeping Dallas last season. This is called success from where I come from NOT excuses.

manchild if griff cant lead this team put in cousins who can

I ask you to review last season and witness the fact that a rookie QB lead us to a seven game winning streak, two key wins against Dallas, a playoff, and a NFC East Championship for the first time since 1999. Also note that he is returning from a severe knee injury ahead of schedule. After his ACL injury, Adrian Peterson did not punch over 100 yards unitl week four and he did not start his surge of consecutive 100 yard games until week seven that left him less than 10 yards away from the season rushing record. So how about some patience in allowing our franchise QB to return to form before discussing his replacement?

Btw - RG3 had passed for over 300 yards and 3 Touch Downs with a QB rating of over 104. The one interception was on Morgan who allowed the ball to excape his grasps into a LB's hands. It was a 4th down play and if Josh had caught that pass it would have been first down in Green Bay's territory. Now, that is not bad for a QB that is still trying to return to form. Just what do you think he'll produce once he is back and able to mix the zone read with those pocket passing numbers?

OK, while the first two games were very painful to watch and it is clear we have a lot to figure out, I still think this team has talent. The goal is still the same, win the NFC East, that is the easiest way back into the play-offs. Right now we are only a game out, THATS RIGHT, you heard me, even at 0-2 the leaders are at 1-1, that places us ONE GAME OUT. We have to figure out how to stop team early, whatever adjustments we have to make, let's make them now. It is very clear teams had figured a way to attack us early and then try and pound the ball. We do have a major problem, so we should see major changes! That could mean Fletcher or Okarpo sits more, or Chase Minifield comes up, or we play more zone with fewer LB's, use a 4 man pass rush, but something must change, we must shock the next few teams we play or we will get the same results!

I provided the link, and yes he said we are getting better no need for you to spin it any other way. my statement was simply..

"How can MS say this team is getting better in his post game interview? WOW I just cant understand that!"

no need for this

No you are misstating what he said and it is obvious. His comment was...

He is speaking about the offense's ability to make plays and sustain drives and he is comparing that from the last game. You quoting that he stated the team is getting better is an inaccurate depiction of the content behind his comment. When making critical comments about the coaching staff accuracy is required otherwise any such comment appear disingenuous.

OK, while the first two games were very painful to watch and it is clear we have a lot to figure out, I still think this team has talent. The goal is still the same, win the NFC East, that is the easiest way back into the play-offs. Right now we are only a game out, THATS RIGHT, you heard me, even at 0-2 the leaders are at 1-1, that places us ONE GAME OUT. We have to figure out how to stop team early, whatever adjustments we have to make, let's make them now. It is very clear teams had figured a way to attack us early and then try and pound the ball. We do have a major problem, so we should see major changes! That could mean Fletcher or Okarpo sits more, or Chase Minifield comes up, or we play more zone with fewer LB's, use a 4 man pass rush, but something must change, we must shock the next few teams we play or we will get the same results!

I agree 100% lets see what the staff and team can come up with!

I provided the link, and yes he said we are getting better no need for you to spin it any other way. my statement was simply..

You have the direct quote I provided which is not a spin but a fact. You are now purposely twisting the coach's word to support your off base notion that he is failing. It's time for you to take the trolling elsewhere. Your rhetoric was old and tired before the change. You don't have the right to come here and spread false information about the team. Real fans don't do that so how about an exit stage left?

5. Your default position is to be respectful of your fellow members in your posts.

Upon registering, every member agrees to not post inappropriate material or topics. This includes content which is knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, or physically threatening. It also includes posting anything invasive of another member's personal privacy outside of their posted content on ES, or in violation of any law including any stalking or otherwise harassing any member. Such material connected to the poster's life beyond what they willingly post on ES is a particularly serious violation.

Free debate within the parameters outlined is welcome, and diversity of opinion is vital to a good debate. Every member is free to post their own opinion on the topic/subject of the thread without sanction, as long as the way it's expressed does not violate forum rules. As you debate your fellow members we request you maintain contact with the content of the discussion within each reply, especially as any exchange becomes more heated.

You have the direct quote I provided which is not a spin but a fact. You are now purposely twisting the coach's word to support you off base notion that he is failing. It's time for you to take the trolling elsewhere. Anyone else agree?

well your "direct quote" did not have MS saying we are getting better and in fact he did say it, I am done with this conversation now it is what it is B)

You have the direct quote I provided which is not a spin but a fact. You are now purposely twisting the coach's word to support you off base notion that he is failing. It's time for you to take the trolling elsewhere. Anyone else agree?

well your "direct quote" did not have MS saying we are getting better and in fact he did say it, I am done with this conversation now it is what it is B)

What was the last part of my quote stating on what MS said? Read it carefully!

Shananhan:

"In the second half we did make some bigger plays. We did keep some drives going and we got to do that the whole game. Ummm, its not going to happen over night [sic] we're getting better."

oh no !!! did i just read the word "spin" and a smiley icon well we all are sure and here we go again!!!

being combative with your fellow members is a rule violation and we do have moderators that check in and post with us from time to time.

i read all the posts and you  sound all the talking media heads  in twisting what coach Shannahan might had said or didn't say to try to prove a point ,when in fact none of it matters one bit ,we all know its the defensive secondary play is what really is the problem ,do more 3 and out and Griffin and the whole offense will do better  ,you can't win games when get behind most of the time and you can't expect Griffin to do it alone  and cousins wouldn't made much of a difference either !!!

JDHAWK4SKINS, one question did I provide the link to the interview in which MS says we are getting better? I simply said ; How can MS say this team is getting better in his post game interview? WOW I just cant understand that!

nothing more nothing less you are the one attacking with your friends! now again I am done with this conversation THANKYOU!

Hahahahh bust , you again ? What a surprise . 0-2 I knew you would come out of hiding .LMAO You think its over , but dude , we are 1 game back . Just one little man

funny thing as soon as we mentioned something about gano playing for carolina and being mvp for their team  here comes a new poster with the same MO 1 day later, can't be a coincidence could it !!!

your right we are only one game from first place  even at 0-2

"weneedayoungandhungrwhatever" or previously known as RG3isaBust,
Those friends of mine you are referring to are real Redskins fans and supporters of constructive discourse on this site. We don't mind rational criticism regarding any aspect of our football team. Many here have read enough about your comments to know you are not genuine. You appear most frequently when the team has issues and then distort information and other comments to make things appear worse than what they are. You are not here to discuss the team through good and bad. You are here with an agenda to antagonize Redskins Fans during low times with your mistaken quotes like below, false information, and derogatory insults/names about players and the coaching staff. You are not fooling anyone by trying to play the victim here. It's only a matter of time before the moderators catch on to you.
Back to the actual topic. Like Hail Yeah stated; our biggest issue is our secondary and to me the biggest issue within this secondary is tackling. Below includes some numbers on just how bad the tackling has been in the last two games.

Tackling woes: The Redskins' defense already had flaws; it added another one with its tackling. The Redskins consistently give high-powered offenses extra yards because they fail to tackle; they have allowed the most yards after contact this season (208) after ranking sixth in this area last season, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The problem is that teams are able to spread them out, preventing gang tackling at times. They’re not good enough, and not making enough plays, to overcome this issue. Teams will continue to get them in space, and Washington needs to prove it can tackle. Or else.

As for whether Cousins would have made a difference; for me it is just not relevant to the long term goal of the team. Maybe Cousins could have pulled out a win from one of these games. That is a huge maybe but my question would be how would that have helped the development of RG3's return? At this point, there is no doubt his knee has healed. However, he needs time to condition his leg in actual football games. I don't think he could have done that sitting on the bench behind Cousins. I understand the loses are costly but I don't think anyone here with a rational mind would say for sure Cousins would have placed us in a better situation. We might still be 0-2 while fans would be screaming to put RG3 in the game. I think RG3 has had important time to work on his pocket passing these last two games. It hasn't always been pretty but I think it has been critical in the development of RG3 into an elite QB. As many have stated; in spite of the horrible start we are only 1 game behind from 1st place in the NFC East. RG3 did play better in the second game and I'm optimistic about his continued improvement. We have a dynamic offense with many weapons most in the NFL have yet to know about.

Lastly, the primary reasons for being 0-2 is an issue that lies in the defense and not the offense

hail canadianfanforlife,

not after we get/got behind. if we start a qb controversy its really over ,Griffin will get better especially when the defense starts producing more 3 and outs!!!

OK, I didn't get that you were talking about AFTER we get behind. I agree that a QB controversy wouldn't be a good thing but If we keep seeing games like we have the last 2 I think it's going to be inevitable that there's going to be one.

HTTR!!!

Archived