Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Long Until Robert Gets His Speed Back?

kgor93

He looked pretty fast in the 2nd half once his instincts took over and he stopped over-thinking, and decided it was time to just play football.

You think so?

Yes, he ran more in the 2nd half but I didnt see the burst or the speed that he had last year... Of course this is all understandable because this is his first game back from injury...

Big question is when will he get back to game speed of last year...

Morris is the perfect back for our scheme. 

But as soon as you limit the threat of 10's legs, and take out the RO, you severely limit Alfred as he gets keyed in on more. He wouldn't be anywhere near as deadly IMHO without the added threat of Robert taking off. And that's not to say he'd be ineffective He'd still grind out yards. Just not to the extent he did last year. 

How 10 rolls, so does The Butler. 

Hail. 

I agree with you here...  RG3 doesnt need to run as much as he did last year but he does need to prove to the defense that he can break containment at will...  He proved that last year and he will have to do it again this year.   Eagles were daring him to run and RG3 didn't.

He does need the speed.  That's what separates him from the other QBs.

He lied to us when he said he could still run a 4.3.  Flat out lied.

We needed him to run for a big 40-50 yarder esp in the first half, and he didn't even go for it.

over reacting much?

As other said in the thread... RG3 is good enough passer that he can be successful in the league...  All we need RG3 need to do is to prove to the leage that he is a threat to for 10-15 yards on consistant basis... RG3 doesnt need to run 4.3 nor does he need to run for big yardage...

Plus, I am sure he can run 4.3-4.4 in his underwear but with the brace on.. not so sure, if he could have done that even when he was healthy last year.

I'd love to know how RG3's knee feels right now. It was certainly put to the test. I was hoping that he was really back to 100 percent, but I realize now that that was wishful thinking. Hopefully, he will get a little stronger every week and NOT regress.

This is also what I'd like to know. Any swelling or pain after the game or now a day or two after?

He needs to plant his foot and step into his throws first.  

This is what I care about. I dont care if he can run a 4.0 sprint (I obviously want his blazing running speed back asap). When he gets back to being able to consistantly plant that foot, everything else will work itself out. He is a PURE passer, and we can win a Superbowl off of that talent alone.

Archived