Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should We Play Some Non-Traditional Players In The 1St Q, This Game?

Larry

He does very well in the run game. And is no more a liability than anybody else in the pass game. So, if you're going to play somebody who stinks in the pass game anyway, might as well play the guy who does well in the run game.

Again, NO WAY Polumbus is a starter without the $18M cap penalty. I don't even know if he makes the team. But, it is what it is. F You Mara.

No way more a liability than anybody else in the pass game? I can't remember the exact stats but Polumbus gave up a big percentage of our total pressures and sacks last year - more than half. He is by far the worst pass blocker on our line. By far.

Compton might struggle even more against ones - but I'd just like to take an opportunity with, lets be honest Rex at QB, to find out.

I made a similar comment in the "what do you want to see in the Bills preseason game" -  With both our 1st and 2nd QBs out I would like to see Pat White play with the first string and against the Bills first string.  I noted that while Pat looked good; the very fact that it was against third stringers probably doesn't mean a whole lot.

I also said that I think Morris and Helu are locks; and that of the remaining RBs no one has stood out.  I'd especially like to see how the two rookies look playing with our first team OL. and against the Bills first stringers.

This game does not seem to be shaping up as being a traditional third preseason game where the starters are getting tuned-up for the opener; but more a continuation of evaluating who to keep on the team.

No way more a liability than anybody else in the pass game? I can't remember the exact stats but Polumbus gave up a big percentage of our total pressures and sacks last year - more than half. He is by far the worst pass blocker on our line. By far.

Compton might struggle even more against ones - but I'd just like to take an opportunity with, lets be honest Rex at QB, to find out.

I'm not disagreeing with you, and especially in the preseason. 

My point is that if you're going to have a liability at RT in the pass game, and you have a comfort level with Polumbus in the run game, that might be the best possible option.  

If you grade out all of the RT options on the team, and you say all of them are poop on a stick in pass blocking, and about the same, then you take the guy who is the most established run-blocker. And for any faults, Morris rushed for 1500 yards last year, and Griff ran for 800, so he had to do SOMETHING right.

Look, I don't want him on the team or starting any more than anybody else.  But I'll take the devil I know over the devil I don't in this case. 

Or play your future and get him integrated and a season worth of experience for the 2014 challenge. 

Ahh, the joys of being a HC through a rebuild. Balancing the here and now and the future. 

Hail. 

Possible.  Except, does doing that either increase injury possibility to one of your other players or slow down the growth of the offense. 

It's balancing act. As you said.  

Archived