Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Make Progress In Tennessee

Helu is the real deal just like I have been touting. I was a huge fan of him in 2011 and nothing has changed that. He proved in this game tonight that he can be a grinder if you want him to be. i didn't see any huge holes for him to run through but he made the best out of what the line gave him. We are set with a great one-two punch. I can't call it a Thunder and Lightning since I think Helu runs as hard as AM does. However, Helu still needs to learn to be patient and not hit the hole prematurely. His speed can be his own worst enemy when he doesn't allow the zone blocking the time to create the holes.

Hail jdhawk - goskins44 here - I don't think his ability has ever been questioned, at least not by me. Can he stay healthy? I think that's the ultimate question. If he can, we will have a really nice couple of backs. It should be noted, Royster played pretty well tonight also.

When Helu was a starter a couple of years ago I felt that they needed another bruiser to take some of the load. Now we have a bruiser in Morris and Helu looks to be the guy who can carry the load. They will be good for each other and help the longetivity of each others career.

Hail goskins10 (aka 44), I didn't get a chance to see Royster much because I was stuck with watching the NFL network flip flopping over to the West coast games by then. I've always liked how Royster hits the holes. I just haven't seen where he can kick in that second burst to get in the backfield or that wiggle to out maneuver tacklers. Hopefully, I can catch his highlights somewhere along with Pat White.

I will take a wait to see approach with helu. He has talent but needs to prove he can stay on the field. Also as for him running as hard as AM does I'm not too sure I can agree with that at this point, he went down soft IMO on a few runs last night. Hope to see him improve each game it was nice to see him back in action as we need him to take some of the load away from AM. HTTR!

Helu did well ,it looks like we might just have a nice one/two punch at rb .royster did well also.

but the surprise was White at qb granted against the scrubs but looked like he just might lock up the 3rd qb spot if he continues.

his poise and accurracy looked better than reported earlier.

Jd- NFL Network will rebroadcast the game on Sunday.

Chris Johnson broke Rambo's ankles on that TD run.

Pat White was impressive mostly because word from TC was not good. He showed poise and field awareness.

Rexy was fortunate he didn't have a couple of interceptions after flinging no look, falling backwards passes. That's Rex though and I'm not bashing him anymore because he has helped the young qbs.

I realize last year is last year - But I heard some interesting stats from our running game - It was stated many times our line was accused of being weak and that AM made his own yards.

We were #2 in yds before contact and then 5th (maybe have been 4th or 6th) in yds after contact. The first one actually surprised me. It means the D was opening some nice holes.

I have no agree with 28Skinsman on Helu. If he can stay on the field, he will be a huge asset. But he I too saw him go down quick on a few plays that I expected him to push through. But overall he did a nice job. It looks like Shanny wants AM, Helu, and Royster 1, 2, 3.

I will take a wait to see approach with helu. He has talent but needs to prove he can stay on the field. Also as for him running as hard as AM does I'm not too sure I can agree with that at this point, he went down soft IMO on a few runs last night. Hope to see him improve each game it was nice to see him back in action as we need him to take some of the load away from AM. HTTR!

I agree with everything said here. I too will take a "wait & see" approach. HTTR!!!

Thanks manchild, I'll need to find the time and place where I can go watch it. I did see that run from C2K on the replay and it wasn't pretty for Rambo. He came too high on his angle that gave C2K the shake and bake on the inside. Rambo needs to not over commit on his angles in open field. This is what makes a safety in the run game so important. I get it that it was C2K but Rambo had great pursuit and should have taken him down. Hopefully it will be fixed before regular season because Rambo will be playing quite a bit. Btw %u2013 What happened to Bowen, Riley, Orakpo on that play? They left a huge hole for C2K and the same thing happened when Green scored his TD.

If you take into account Helu's size and that great burst he has, I absolutely do believe he can hit a whole as hard as AM. AM's instincts are just better and he seems to be a better fit for finding holes in zone blocks. Even if they run equally as hard, I know that AM runs through tackles better than Helu. I have no concerns at this point about Helu being injury prone and all RBs play through some sort of injury each season. He played through college without any significant injuries. I understand he did get hurt in 2011 and 2012 but it was more about a misdiagnoses of his toe injury that cost him many games. I agree though he needs to prove he can play a whole season without missing a game this year. If Helu goes down again for many games then there is no doubting he has durability issues.

If Pat White have a couple more good showing say goodbye Rex . I hope we would get to see Pat White against the first unit a little bit . Now Rambo welcome welcome welcome . Amerson Hmmm Looks good !!!!! Rak look like he's on a mission . Helu buddy two thumbs up . B. Jenkins i like it son . A. Robinson , And Hank look like they turning that corner we been talking about . Big Fred davis also on a mission . P. Thomas , Well tell me what y'all saw . He got hurt , But did i miss anything before that ?

@ dorrell - No, he was a non factor. Looked a little lost the few plays that i was watching him directly. Still, that's not unusual for a rookie. I just hope the injury is not bad.

Has anyone heard any more on Jordan Reed? I have not heard anything since the injury report.

goksins, I actually almost bought it a few days ago but wanted to find someone that has used it in the past so thanks for the recommendation. I'll invest into it this year.

Last word was that Jordan Reed has a bruse foot but it is odd there is no report about the MRI results yet.

Mike Shanahan told CSN Washington that the team isn't sure how serious the injury is at this point. you  cant tell you how serious it is at this point, Shanahan said. Well get it checked out, get an MRI on it and make sure he is okay. Here is Dr. Ray Solanos take on Reeds injury: "Jordan Reed was pulled from practice on Monday with a bruised foot. This is a vague injury report from the Redskins, but one that should be taken seriously until further examination. Specifically an MRI. The rookie TE is scheduled for an MRI for what I believe is to rule out a foot fracture. Specifically a Lisfranc foot fracture-dislocation. Lisfranc injuries occur at the mid-foot, where a cluster of small bones form an arch on top of the foot between the ankle and the toes. A twisting fall can break or shift (dislocate) these bones out of place. Therefore producing bruising and pain. Hopefully for Reed and the Redskins, this is not the case.

hailyeah1, I agree but what I have read in TC is that he has not looked NFL ready in TC. He has had issues catching the ball and really has struggled blocking along the line. However, there was some positives that he has done well blocking downfield which he was pretty good at in college as well. I wonder if this kid is one of those game time players that doesn't practice well but explodes in games. The best part about this we are fine with our current 3 TEs so we can wait for Reed to heal and learn more before we put him on the field.

hailyeah1, I agree but what I have read in TC is that he has not looked NFL ready in TC. He has had issues catching the ball and really has struggled blocking along the line. However, there was some positives that he has done well blocking downfield which he was pretty good at in college as well. I wonder if this kid is one of those game time players that doesn't practice well but explodes in games. The best part about this we are fine with our current 3 TEs so we can wait for Reed to heal and learn more before we put him on the field.

yeah tight end seemed to be shaky at the end of last season but with Davis back ,Paulsen and Paul we seem to have a solid group to let Reed sit heal and learn

i said this before and i'll say it again ,this is refreshing actually talking about our team,rather than scrolling down thru the ad spam and nonsense posts on the old format .

even though we won there were a few concerns ,,those big plays we gave up didn't look good at all  and i think it was forbath kicking all those short kick offs,if it was he still needs work but he seems to nail pats .and hasn't missed a beat on fg's in camp.

Up side...I was very glad to see Minniefield get on the field...he looked pretty good. Orakpo had and up and down game. The play where he took an outside rush leaving a hugh gap in the defense and then on the backside of that play missed the tackle leading to CJ TDs was a big mistake. One he has made frequently in the past but overall he played decently. The four rookies in the secondary was a bit of a stunt. You wont see that this year, Maybe Rambo will join Hall, Wilson and whoever they play at S but you wont see that group starting again. The starting OL was OK not great but the backups, we don't have any quality depth along the OL anywhere. I was glad to Davis on the field making plays but that stunt after the TD was classless and they quickly took the camera off him. Ameson has a long way to go but he made at least one nice play. I expect to see him in nickel and dime situation but IMO Minniefield out played him. Rocco had a good night. And I am going to say I liked what I saw from Grossman after he knocked a bit of the rust off. But all those penalties, 7 alone in the 1st half and 4 more in the second. That's a carry over from last year and its an issue. All in all though the main thing is the team basically got out of Nashville without any major injury and above all that's the most important thing.

I absolutely agree with you...Helu's problem has always been can he stay healthy...I don't see him as a banger...he just seems to go down the first time he is hit.   I don't think you can have the confidence that if he is used to back up Morris, he will  be there when the team needs him.  I love what Morris was able to accomplish last season but that came at the cost of over 360 carries and he was lucky to get the thru the season in one piece. I don't think he can get that many touches again and be so lucky and so finding a guy who can give Morris a break and help keep him fresh and healthy is key for this team.  I just don't see Helu as that guy...I would much rather have Young back him up..he is a banger, good out of the backfield and a good blocker but then who do we have as a FB...but IMO it would be easier to find a FB when team cut down than a RB..

I hope to see Hankerson keep building on this last game it would be nice to see him with PG and JM on the field at the same time, with RG3 and AM. This would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. I hope Hank will step it up big time this season!

28...you need to remove your avatar as it violates rule 6.

Archived