Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Make Progress In Tennessee

After finally being able to watch the whole game, I really liked how Shanahan put in many second team players in the starting role. This was good and needed work for players like Neild, Rambo, Amerson, Minnifield, Helu, and Robinson. I think this has something to
do with the CBA change that restricts practices to one a day that reduces the time to evaluate and get key backups and potential starters work. 

The dark horse out of this game for me is Lance Lewis. Despite the fumble, his size and ability to go up for the ball reminds me of Randy Moss. I'd like to see more out of this kid in preseason. We don't have another receiver in his mold. I think he could be a nice red zone option WR.

After finally being able to watch the whole game, I really liked how Shanahan put in many second team players in the starting role. This was good and needed work for players like Neild, Rambo, Amerson, Minnifield, Helu, and Robinson. I think this has something to

do with the CBA change that restricts practices to one a day that reduces the time to evaluate and get key backups and potential starters work. 

The dark horse out of this game for me is Lance Lewis. Despite the fumble, his size and ability to go up for the ball reminds me of Randy Moss. I'd like to see more out of this kid in preseason. We don't have another receiver in his mold. I think he could be a nice red zone option WR.

Lance Lewis was only in for a few plays looks like he tried to make the most of them,hope he isn't made into another Darnarian Mccants but i think Shsannahan is much smarter than Spurrier  ever was on talent.

If Pat White have a couple more good showing say goodbye Rex . I hope we would get to see Pat White against the first unit a little bit . Now Rambo welcome welcome welcome . Amerson Hmmm Looks good !!!!! Rak look like he's on a mission . Helu buddy two thumbs up . B. Jenkins i like it son . A. Robinson , And Hank look like they turning that corner we been talking about . Big Fred davis also on a mission . P. Thomas , Well tell me what y'all saw . He got hurt , But did i miss anything before that ?

White is not IMO playing for a chance to stick with WAS...he is auditioning for a chance to hook up with another NFL team...I mean do you really think he wants to be the 3rd string QB for WAS.  How often does the 3rd string QB even dress for a game..no I think what White is after is a chance to get closer to actually playing in the NFL not sitting on the bench in street clothes. And again, he played against the bottom of the barrel for the Titans....no a great test.  Whereas Grossman is the perfect 3rd string QB..he showed he still ha a pretty good arm, he knows the system and both the hc and oc know him...he can continue to mentor both Griffin and Cousins and hes is perfectly content in his role. As for Orkapo..he had an up and down game...not great not bad..Amerson has one nice play but IMO Minniefield out played him.  Helu, he just concerns me about his durability and his ability to run inside and be a banger. It WAS good to see Davis on the field and contributing but that stunt in the end was stupid and they immediately took the camera off him...which begs the question I have asked before about the team being disciplined...Hall and his temper tantrums cost the team, Davis on that TD cost the team...guys losing control on the field hurts the team...and those 11 penalties are just a carry over from last year.  The hc constantly says they are reminding the players to keep their cool on the field and yet we still get  these stupid penalties..that hurt the team including the shove in the back of CJ by Rambo when scored the TD.  I don't see the discipline and no one seems to be listening to the coaching staff.

At this point, I have to agree with Polo about Pat White's future being another team. John Keim, has reported that Pat White has made tremendous strides since he started TC. I think Pat White played a very smart game where he ran when the D gave it to him and made sure he hit the sidelines before a defender could even get close. He also threw some nice passes in between defenders. He didn't throw down field with the exception of the Lance Lewis almost TD. However, it was against, players that won't be in the NFL come the start of the season. Overall, I think the coaching staff has too much trust in Rex to release him. 

Regardless, I want to see Pat play more and Rex less from here on out. We know what we have in Rex and if Pat White can show he can do some things he did in the game against better players then I'm willing to start a keep Pat White campaign. Keep in mind, Pat probably needs a good year or maybe two on a roster as a backup before he will be able to threaten being in a starting lineup. So I don't think Pat White minds sticking around as a 3rd string QB here for at least a season.

Orakpo actually acknowledged in one report he was disappointed in his overall performance because of the holes he allowed on some run plays. Orakpo also stated that they won’t have a great pass rush if they don't first stop the run. So I think he understands the need to emphasize the run more going further. I was really impressed with Orakpo's analysis after the game. I am one of those guys thinking he is too one dimensional when he plays where we becomes a real run defense liability on his side. However, from everything I read out of players and reports is that he looks phenomenal and many are expecting a break out year for him this season.

i see the moderators do monitor things and post replies  ,thats refreshing there seems that there will be no tolerance to the goings on on the the old format .

with the 3rd qb situation it depends if they feel White will be able to be groomed as Griffins backup, freeing Cousins to be traded in a year or 2 . as for Rex iif he ends up the 3rd qb or ends up coaching depends on if White progresses or falls flat!!!! 

Hail Hailyeah, It does seem we finally have a pulse in moderating the site. I fully support keeping the discussion to football for everyone including me. 

You make a great point about Pat While being a fill in for RG3. We know that unless RG3 plays a few full seasons, the questions about him playing every game in a season will be in doubt. Pat White does closely resemble RG3 in the zone read pistol formation. I just want to see him deliver the ball with consistency in short, medium, and long ranges against real competition. I think if RG3's durability was not in question then we may have decided to gamble more with releasing Rex and anticipating White could be groomed into a very close version of RG3 as backup. I'm really hoping they'll play White the most from here on out to see where he is as a quality backup QB.

Hail Hailyeah, It does seem we finally have a pulse in moderating the site. I fully support keeping the discussion to football for everyone including me. 

You make a great point about Pat While being a fill in for RG3. We know that unless RG3 plays a few full seasons, the questions about him playing every game in a season will be in doubt. Pat White does closely resemble RG3 in the zone read pistol formation. I just want to see him deliver the ball with consistency in short, medium, and long ranges against real competition. I think if RG3's durability was not in question then we may have decided to gamble more with releasing Rex and anticipating White could be groomed into a very close version of RG3 as backup. I'm really hoping they'll play White the most from here on out to see where he is as a quality backup QB.

yeah  when the new format finally was launched at the end of last month i already was posting on the stadium forum ,started new threads in the stadium and around the nfl forums even started one in the trouble shooting forum before they launched our new forum about posting redskins.com articles .

i believe we can open new topics here on this forum too!

for a laugh go to the dallas joke thread there are some real good ones.

the was a good debate on female refs i started in the around the nfl forum.

Yeah it seems this is the year rex gets bumped up to coaching if white progresses along well enough and even after that rex in a flat minute could undo that if needed, something similar to  what Sam Huff did for Lombardi!!!

What up polo , Rak will be just fine , And the pressure that you saw when he was in the game is what we miss last year . Pat White if he can show he can backup he's on the team , Because Cousin will be traded in a year or two . The way cousin playing it will be for a late 1st round pick . Rex can mentor without being on the team. Danny can make up a fake job for rex for sure . Lol

Well....well...well. Look at this. The old faces coming together on a new site/format & nobody fighting. See...I told you it wouldn't hurt.

HTTR!!!

yeah everyone is being civil  i knew we could do it  we had over 300 posters  commenting on articles but it looks like its just us handful of folks that have found the new format.

have you posted anything on the stadium forums  we can start new threads  ,i started a few ..

check out the dallas jokes ,you'll get a laugh!!!

What up polo , Rak will be just fine , And the pressure that you saw when he was in the game is what we miss last year . Pat White if he can show he can backup he's on the team , Because Cousin will be traded in a year or two . The way cousin playing it will be for a late 1st round pick . Rex can mentor without being on the team. Danny can make up a fake job for rex for sure . Lol

Rak needs to make sure he keeps in head in the right place..he doesn't need to make plays every time he is on the field. Play disciplined..in the scheme..and if you watch the play where he lost the backside against CJ...you will see he is again reaching out to make an ARM TACKLE which is just the way he injured his pec last preseason...its a very bad habit and he could easily reinjure his chest again...now for White.  I don't think White really helps this team nor do I think he wants to waste a year watching games from the sideline...I don't see a lot of interest in him at this point in the league but injuries happen and he can make himself at least someone other team might consider. As for Cousins, he is not going anywhere any time soon...he has what two years left after this season on his rookie contract. That makes him a very attractive guy to keep if only for the small cap hit we take for him.  IMO we aren't going to keep White because Cousins might be going somewhere in three years....I don't think White sticks here no matter how well he plays...the QB situation is not broke so theres no need to fix it by experimenting.   Rex whether you like him or not has a place on this roster and the confidence of the hc and oc....why make any change to that group...its working fine. Now it would be a different issue if Griffin for any reason doesn't get back on the field for the regular season but as of now, I don't see that as an issue.  Now could Griffins knee swell up...sure and then that's another issue but the hc is finally getting it right for once...bring Griffin along slowly...s l o w l y...but sooner or later he has got to Griffin involved in the 11 on 11 work...I don't know when that is....it wont be soon...maybe towards the end of preseason...

I hope to see Hankerson keep building on this last game it would be nice to see him with PG and JM on the field at the same time, with RG3 and AM. This would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. I hope Hank will step it up big time this season!

Hankerson certainly has the big body you would like going over the middle and using his size to screen of LBs but he still seems to be a question mark in my mind...he drops to many pass's...he really has to prove in the preseason he has finally turned the corner and can be a dependable receiver..he can play all three WR positions which makes him a valuable player but he has to finally hit his stride. This is his third year and IMO its a make or break season for him...I don't expect you will see the full compliment of those players on the field during preseason..certainly not Griffin...but if Hankerson can get his game together a trio of Garcon, Moss and Hankerson/Morgan along with Davis could present some interesting mis matches for opposing teams. 

White would love to be the 3rd string qb in Washington, heck he's been out of football for 3 years. It's not like he 's got alot of options outside of workin at McD's.

Archived