Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7:Top Five Redskin Free Agent Acquisitions (1993-2012)

Lavarleap56

I'm still really not sure what got into Brunell in '05. The man was a zombie in '04 and '06, but in '05 it was like he was possessed, until he turned back into a zombie later on in the season and put on one of the worst passing performances in NFL history in the playoffs.

Not sure what got into him either, but he and Santana (and Portis) were playing lights out! He only reverted back into a zombie after taking that shot to his knee vs. the Giants. We won the game, but our offense was never the same after that...

---------- Post added February-27th-2013 at 01:03 PM ----------

For one glorious year, Cris Dishman was a great pickup. Green and Dishman in '97 were quite possibly the best CB tandem we've ever had.

But I agree with the list. Though leaving Randy Thomas off the list is tough.

I remember that year fondly.... Shame it was only for that one year. :(

For one glorious year, Cris Dishman was a great pickup. Green and Dishman in '97 were quite possibly the best CB tandem we've ever had.

But I agree with the list. Though leaving Randy Thomas off the list is tough.

Nah, I wouldn't say EVER had. Green and Bailey was a top notch tandem.

Honorable Mention for Lorenzo Alexander. Not big stats, but we all know the numerous roles One Man Gang has had on this team and what he has done to fit into those roles (adding weight, dropping weight, learning new positions; and never a negative word from him about any of it). Off the top of my head, I know he played guard, OLB, and ILB. Pretty sure he filled in other places as well., and he is a special teams maven. Hope they can find a way to re-sign him.

Nah, I wouldn't say EVER had. Green and Bailey was a top notch tandem.

Maybe in terms of name recognition. Hell, throw Deion Sanders into that mix if you want.

But in terms of performance it wasn't close.

In 1997, with a rather unimpressive front seven, our defense was 3rd in the league against the pass, 6th in yards/attempt, while our run D was 28th, 26th in yards/attempt. I remember praying teams would just try and throw the ball and not think to ever run it, because nobody could throw on us that year. Green and Dishman almost single-handedly (double handedly?) kept that defense afloat that year. Have we ever had two CBs BOTH make the pro-bowl in one year before or since? I honestly don't know.

In 1999, when we drafted Bailey, everyone loved him and he did fine, but he wasn't a pro-bowl calibre player yet. Our pass defense that year was fair but that defense was terrible. To be honest I've always thought Bailey was a bit over-rated.

Archived