Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nomachetejuggling.com - The Star Wars Saga: Introducing Machete Order - In interesting order in which to consider watching the Star Wars films

Springfield

In reality, if you bash the prequels, then you need to bash Return Of The Jedi, which would mean that the only "True" Star Wars films were IV and V.

This is kind of how I am....I've never been that big a fan of ROTJ. A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are my favorites, in that order. I'm fine watching those two, then telling my kid or whoever...don't worry, the good guys win in the end, but I just saved you 2.5 hours. Let's go play catch.

This is kind of how I am....I've never been that big a fan of ROTJ. A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are my favorites, in that order. I'm fine watching those two, then telling my kid or whoever...don't worry, the good guys win in the end, but I just saved you 2.5 hours. Let's go play catch.

Yeah I'm just sayng... there are things that I liked/didn't like about the prequels, and there were things I definitely didn't like. But I get the feeling (not aimed at anyone on this site) that some of the people who declare the prequels unwatchable, sort of over-romanticize Return Of The Jedi.

Luke gets punked by Vader one minute, then he comes back like 3 weeks later and is this badass dude with a green saber in all black using The Force like it's nothing. Meanwhile, Han Solo gets encased in carbonite all dramatic (like he'd never come back to life), but when everything gets fast forwarded to Tatooine, it's pretty much a cheap music video followed by "Hey Han, let me help you with that" and he comes back.

Then you have the cute teddy bears throwing acorns, and Leia being Lukes sister for no reason at all, and a few other things that gave off a similar kiddy feel that existed in Episode 1. The scenes with the Emperor, Luke, and Vader were great, but you could argue that the considerable amount of time between that and the beginning of the movie could've been done better.

As someone who also was around for the first theatrical release of Star Wars, who also saw it in the theaters before the opening crawl had "Episode IV" I wasn't expecting much for Ep III. Episode I was terrible, and the acting/dialog in II more or less ruined it for me. (Anakins and Padme's dinner scene was one of the worst scenes ever made and "I truly, deeply..." gag, choke, I can't even type the rest).

But count me in as someone who enjoyed III. Not my fav, by anymeans. But some of you are being too harsh. I went in to it expecting bad dialog and acting, but was looking forward to the story. I cringed at some of the dialog. And Vader's "NOOOO!" made me want to hang my head. But those things aside, it was still a good STORY.

I am often amazed that so many hate on I, II, and III just because it wasn't they way they wanted it to be or the movie they would have made. All that just sounds like sour grapes to me. I remember when Ep I first came out, I commented to a co-worker that if Ep. I was actually the first released, there wouldn't be any others. It made money on the coat-tails of the first trilogy. So I fully understand how some of you feel. But don't get mad a Lucas just for making the movies he wanted to make. It was his story, his studio, and his dream.

I agree that the story for Episode III was good, but it was poorly executed. Its parsecs better (see what i did there?) than the other prequels, but that doesnt make it "good." It was just just a relief that it wasnt as disasterous as the two movies that came before it. And i dont think anyone is mad at Lucas for making the movies he wanted ot make - theyre mad that lucas made ******* movies. Had lucas done what he'd done with Episodes V and VI and let someone else to the writing and directing, then the movies would have told the story he wanted to tell in a much better fashion. Ultimately, Lucas made the movies he wanted - but they werent the movies his audience wanted to see.

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 11:01 AM ----------

Yeah I'm just sayng... there are things that I liked/didn't like about the prequels, and there were things I definitely didn't like. But I get the feeling (not aimed at anyone on this site) that some of the people who declare the prequels unwatchable, sort of over-romanticize Return Of The Jedi.

Luke gets punked by Vader one minute, then he comes back like 3 weeks later and is this badass dude with a green saber in all black using The Force like it's nothing. Meanwhile, Han Solo gets encased in carbonite all dramatic (like he'd never come back to life), but when everything gets fast forwarded to Tatooine, it's pretty much a cheap music video followed by "Hey Han, let me help you with that" and he comes back.

Then you have the cute teddy bears throwing acorns, and Leia being Lukes sister for no reason at all, and a few other things that gave off a similar kiddy feel that existed in Episode 1. The scenes with the Emperor, Luke, and Vader were great, but you could argue that the considerable amount of time between that and the beginning of the movie could've been done better.

When Luke first faced Vader, he had JUST got finished training with Yoda and was immediately facing the most powerful sith ever, so its not surprising he got his butt whooped. ROTJ was pretty retarded, but its still better than the prequels. Also, im pretty sure something like 6 months took place between Empire and ROTJ, so that explains Luke had time to hone his abilities.

Archived