Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Treehuggers.com:Concord Mass, Becomes first city in US to Ban Water Bottles

Koolblue13

I have a stainless water bottle that I have been using for years now. I didn't buy it in an effort to save the planet, I got it because I was tired of reusing the same lowgrade plastic Aquafina bottle over and over. I feel good that it results in less trash and I feel really good about the money it has saved. Watching people pay $4 for 12 ounce bottles of water at Niagara Falls while I had 40 oz of free water with me was pretty sweet. I also drink less soda because I already have plenty water with me, why buy something else to drink?

You're not a real American. :silly:

Here in the People's Republic of Boulder, we've had a similar community discussion but decided against proposing legislation. There's a social stigma associated with bottled water, which seems to be working well enough. Most of the people I see drinking water - either in the office or on the golf course - are doing so from a reusable container. People who drink from bottled water bottles are looked at like cigarette smokers: "WHAT IS THAT?!?! MUST BE AN OUT OF TOWNER"

You're not a real American. :silly:

I beg to differ, it does not make me drink less beer.

---------- Post added January-10th-2013 at 10:03 AM ----------

Here in the People's Republic of Boulder, we've had a similar community discussion but decided against proposing legislation. There's a social stigma associated with bottled water, which seems to be working well enough. Most of the people I see drinking water - either in the office or on the golf course - are doing so from a reusable container. People who drink from bottled water bottles are looked at like cigarette smokers: "WHAT IS THAT?!?! MUST BE AN OUT OF TOWNER"

What about the plastic grocery bags? I see plastic bags EVERYWHERE, hanging in trees on the roadside, in the rivers and the bay. You hippies still using those? ;)

I have a stainless water bottle that I have been using for years now. I didn't buy it in an effort to save the planet, I got it because I was tired of reusing the same lowgrade plastic Aquafina bottle over and over. I feel good that it results in less trash and I feel really good about the money it has saved. Watching people pay $4 for 12 ounce bottles of water at Niagara Falls while I had 40 oz of free water with me was pretty sweet. I also drink less soda because I already have plenty water with me, why buy something else to drink?

Same here. We have a pantry full of stainless jugs. We've gone back and forth on various types of bpa free plastic canteens, but finally settled on stainless.

48932-large_work-Mega_Fresco_Stainless-Steel_Water_Bottle_-_40_oz._783904_5.jpg

I beg to differ, it does not make me drink less beer.

I hear Canadians drink lots of beer as well :paranoid:

The saddest thing is that most people won't do the smallest/easiest of things to save themselves lots of money and to keep the environment clean.

Pffft. Those are worse than cigarettes and left the scene here 10 years ago. Reusable grocery bags bra:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7vvgxmoEm1qbbxceo1_400.jpg

Bra? ugh.

---------- Post added January-10th-2013 at 10:24 AM ----------

If helping the planet means that I have to start saying "Brah" I will destroy every tree I can and poison the oceans.

Archived