Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A stadium for the playoffs

Kyle

I was in section 308 club SRO and me and my friend were on the aisle. The stadium security stood next to us the whole game and we were using the aluminum bottles to bang on the panels behind us, any time security turned to look, we put the bottles in our back pockets. He had no clue where it was coming from!

By the end of the game we were just kicking the hell out of the panels and the security guy had no problem with it. It was loud as hell, my foots a little swollen and my legs are so sore! But it was well worth it! I love SRO.

Dude, I was in 111 right next to you. We were rocking all night, started we want Dallas chants, but man...this drunk skins fan right in front of us was trying to start rg3 chants while he walked up to the line. Really? The girls fans around us were laughing and joining in, it was on one of our timeouts and then a failed third down at the end of the game.

Tweed- I think I know exactly who you are. What row were you in. We were definitely rocking all night. That was the greatest experience I have ever had at the stadium.

Dude you should run stadium opps. I love to be uncomfortable and ignored. I look for that experience in restaurants and hotels, not just my ball games.

I wouldn't confuse the experience at FedEx with that of a fine restaurant or hotel - either in terms of my expectations for service, or my reasons for being there.

Good post. Feel the same way.

I don't understand those type of fans who spend $500 for a ticket to just sit down the whole time and complain about the noise around them when they aren't cheering. It's a bummer sitting next to those type of fans.

This reminds me of when I went to the Jets game at FedEx in 2003. My buddy and I were literally 3 rows from the top in the Upper Level.

In the 2nd half, a woman who had business slacks on....was sitting with her legs crossed literally with a plastic glass of wine in her hand....and says "Can you guys please stop yelling and cussing so much?"

The cussing, I can understand the request .... but the yelling?!? seriously?

a) it's a football game.

B) it's opening night.

c) you're in the upper deck, drinking wine with your legs crossed.

d) it's a FRICKIN FOOTBALL GAME!

I'll never forget the sorrow I felt right then and there.

I feel those older people that complain about people standing and making noise are the same people that 1) Are the first to complain how FedEx sucks and 2) Were the people that were rowdy at RFK but now that they are older don't feel its necessary to cheer and like to ***** about it.

I was telling people to be quiet. But only when the Redskins offense was in the huddle or at the line of scrimmage. I appreciate all the noise and energy folks are making on defense, but it can also affect our offense. Late in the Giants game, with a one point lead, in their own territory and needing to run off time on the clock, Redskins were stepping out of the huddle to quiet the fans. They're will be plenty of time to yell RG3 after he leads the team into the opponent's endzone.

I believe this attitude is a direct result of rising ticket prices.

I was lucky enough to get seats in a luxury box through a friend when Norv was coach. The people who are lucky enough to have access to these seats seldom watch the game.

The friend who hooked me up with tickets and myself... well lets just say we were two blue collar guys living the dream for one afternoon.

As the price goes, so does the level of snobbery. The everyday hardworking American can no longer afford to drop cash on tickets. Especially in this economy.

You're left with more folks who feel they should have the same comfort and control as they would in their own homes at the game because the majority of them can afford a ticket.

If you've ever been to a game at RFK and compared the make-up of the crowd to one at a Fed-Ex game... RFK games were better representations of ALL of society. FED Ex is a more affluent crowd.

Not a knock... it is what it is.

I agree with making as much noise as possible. I am cool with the standing up the entire game thing.

I kinda hate the constant profanity - it doesn't seem necessary, but sometimes people seem to think it goes hand-in-hand with being loud and "into the game." I wish I could feel comfortable taking my kids to these games without the constant f-bombs.

I believe this attitude is a direct result of rising ticket prices.

I was lucky enough to get seats in a luxury box through a friend when Norv was coach. The people who are lucky enough to have access to these seats seldom watch the game.

The friend who hooked me up with tickets and myself... well lets just say we were two blue collar guys living the dream for one afternoon.

As the price goes, so does the level of snobbery. The everyday hardworking American can no longer afford to drop cash on tickets. Especially in this economy.

You're left with more folks who feel they should have the same comfort and control as they would in their own homes at the game because the majority of them can afford a ticket.

If you've ever been to a game at RFK and compared the make-up of the crowd to one at a Fed-Ex game... RFK games were better representations of ALL of society. FED Ex is a more affluent crowd.

Not a knock... it is what it is.

Yeah it's a fact that RFK blending people of all backgrounds. Games in general have become more expensive around the league and in the Redskins' case it won't get any better for fans because the tickets will no doubt leap again after this season. That will sadly fade out more fans or prices will make it so non STH people come to less games each year

Archived