Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boswell's New Article from the Post

SmootDawg21

Boswell's Article

This is disturbing. Here we are hours after the game still depressed and frustrated with the team's effort and loss. But they are smiling and giggling in the locker room when the camera's aren't rolling.

Maybe I'm a sad case for letting a loss get me so down. Or maybe I don't make enough money to take some of the sting out.

What do you all think about his column?

Man.....Spurrier needs to rip some heads off. In fact, I'd start benching people right now for these antics. First off, I'm calling Gardner out for his drops and bone headed push in the back and tell him he's not playing next week. "Jacobs...Johnson...Russell ....get ready!!!!!!!"

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!! Laughing after being beaten by a division rival after having the chance to step on their necks and render them irrelevent in the NFC EAST? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

I'm not sure if there is anything they should have been doing. As far as I'm concerned Fred smoot earned the right to laugh and joke with his play today. John Hall and Bryan Barker do as well. Some of the players played outstanding football. Our special teams played very well.

What is conspicuously lacking from this report though is names, so it's hard to see wht this means.

-DB

As far as I'm concerned Fred smoot earned the right to laugh and joke with his play today. John Hall and Bryan Barker do as well.

I'd have to disagree, DB. This is a team game. This isn't baseball. You play for the team, and your heart sinks and rises with the team's fortunes. Laughing about your personal stats while chalking up a L is contemptible.

I think it was Inside the NFL that had an interview with Brett Favre a few weeks back. In it, Favre said how each loss is really painful for him because he knows that he might not have a lot of games left in him (if he plays like he did today than I disagree!). Then he says how the younger players can shrug off a loss pretty easily because they know that there is another game next week and he was the same way when he was a young guy.

So maybe Boswell was just noticing some of the young skins players, partically since there are so many of them on this team. I know everyone has this idea that a football team is supposed to act all dramatic and serious and take the game as life and death like some retarded football movie but that just isn't the way it is.

On the other hand, you cannot convince me that the players didn't give effort today. Seems like Boswell is just looking for a story to me.

edit: TALK ABOUT OVERREACTING guys. If you can sit there and tell me with a straight face that Ramsey didn't give everything he had out there today then I will shut up.

Its times like these when i question myself as to why i put so much energy rooting for this team,and these millionare atheletes.

They have made many many sundays hell for me and those close to me,but i keep hopeing that the feeling i had back when i was a kid,seeing joe gibbs on the sidelines and knowing that the skins were gonna do everything it took to win,and more than not bury their opponent.

Man this column is a depressing read:mad: :mad:

Calm down folks.

Snyder and the front office are bringing in hard-working performers, like Ramsey, Betts, Coles, Cartwright, Bailey, Arrington ... you name it

Spurrier is a smart cookie. He's adjusting to the NFL quickly.

If there are bad apples on this team, they will be shown the door soon.

Spurrier broke the curse of Dallas, and he will eventually cure us of Norvitis. Have faith, folks.

:cheers:

This is in part just a symptom of the fact that football is mostly just a job for many of the players nowadays. Even so, somehow, some coaches like Gibbs, JJ, Parcells and a few others managed to infect their teams with some of their own professionalism, will to win and competiveness. I'm beginning to wonder if SOS is capable of this or if he'll turn out to be just another "X's and O's" guy.

The head coaches who have won Super Bowls in the past five years are Gruden, Belichick, Billick, Vermeil, Shanahan.

Of those, only one (Belichick) is a pure Xs and Os guy. Vermeil is, arguably, a pure motivator. The other three are combination guys who are generally good playcallers and superb motivators.

So it would appear that balance is an asset (big surprise). Xs and Os guys as coaches tend to come up short (cf Mike Martz, Norv Turner), while people who drive on emotion alone (Jim Mora, Dennis Green) tend to be out of work.

Uhh...I guess I'm not disagreeing with anyone here. How boring.

this article is a big concern, if that is how they are acting then why route

for them anymore. We got beat, and were sick of it. its hard to watch such

unlimited potential flush itsself out of a game like this. When are we going to

put 4 real quarters together and demolish people. And where were the downfield shots. Did we take any? Cmon spurrier, get your head out of your as* and grow some balls like you had in the ncaa. Just throw the ball downfield, just not to Gardner.

I don't understand why Spurrier couldn't get the ball downfield deep on occasion to loosen up the Eagle defense and secondary?

For I recall games under Joe Gibbs when they were having problems protecting Rypien -- who was more of a statue than Ramsey -- when Gibbs would devise a "rolling pocket" or have Rypien roll out on occasion to buy time. I haven't seen that much innovation from Spurrier, who is supposed to be an offensive genius. :(

Inmate,

I was thinking the same thing. Roll Patrick out to the right or left, It slowed down the blitz. I can remember Joey T. rolling out and throwing the bomb. If I recall the OL said it was easier to block on the roll outs. I was also thinking about the quick slants. Other teams hit the quickk slants on the blitzes, and gain big yards.

Ramsey lost this game for the skins. He was bound to have a bad game. The laughing and joking around is another matter entirely. The Redskins have had this type of attitude since Joe Gibbs left. Seeing them joke around after a particularly poor effort in the preseason was infuriating to me and to hear they are doing it again is not encouraging. This team will get booed for a performance like this at home in the future.

Archived