Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7: Film Sessions: Aldrick Robinsons 68 Yard Touchdown

Lavarleap56

Well he threw it from the 25 to the 15... isn't that about 60 yards?

It is exactly 60 yards. :logo: HTTR

---------- Post added December-1st-2012 at 02:01 PM ----------

yeah people need to stop exaggerating the flight distance as 60 yards.. lets be real guys;)

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 12:43 AM ----------

I think it was 59.7 yards to be accurate...:giantsuck: HTTR :giantsuck:

One thing I've thought about Griffin is he is "late" on his deep throws. Even this one, you could argue the ball should have come out when Robinson was even with the safety who was still facing in. At even, with the safety there, it's still a touchdown but it's only a 40-yard-pass in the air. Still, this one was as on time as I've seen him on the deep ball and with his arm, I actually thought he out threw Robinson. From where I was sitting, the angle looked like he had tossed it at least 10 yards beyond where Robinson could get. But Robinson is fast. Someone wrote that Griffin has a real good idea of his audience in terms of who he's throwing to. I think that pass is a great example because Hankerson never gets to it but Robinson does. I like his development and enjoy these break downs.

According to Kyle Shanahan, on his 11-29 interview on redskins.com, he threw that pass perfectly on rhythm which makes it even more impressive. You know, the guy who designed the play and knows how it is to be executed. You may "think" he was late on it, but he wasnt

LL, again thanks for another great breakdown. Especially like the mention of a similiar formation used a couple of plays prior to thid, but it was a run play.

After the past couple of games, looks like RGIII and at least some of his wrs are on the same page. Amazing how potent the offense can be when you combine the offensive brains of the Shanahans with the right qb.

Hope to see more plays like this at FEDEX on monday night....

Like a few other posters said, what's truly great about this play design is that it looks like it would have worked four different ways... had it been a handoff, Morris would have gained ten... had it been a soft corner route to Hankerson, big gain... short to the release valve, still looks good... but we hit it for all the marbles!!!

Love the breakdown. Never played organized football so I love reading breakdowns like this. Gives the average joe like me a lot more insight into what's going on. Thanks. May have to start reading your blog more often. Awesome execution of the play by the entire team, especially RG3, it's amazing what this kid can do.

Archived