Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Y! Sports: "Hail to the 'Pigskins'?" (Washington City Paper no longer to use the teams name)

ZRagone

Could RG3 Win ROY and MVP?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Could RG3 Win ROY and MVP?

• Yes, if we make the playoffs and his numbers are solid
    • No way Jose

Burg, in the region (Pac NW), the Seahawks are often and widely called the 'hawks, fwiw. It's just like with the Redskins---you vary it up. IME in such cases it's about benign familiarity (like a nickname in the family).

Interesting, I don't know that I've ever heard them named that way. I think that could make a difference.

I certainly do think you're right about that being a reason for a nickname. To the degree the other exists, it's not one we consciously think about.

I don't understand why people get so worked up over changing the name from Redskins to something else. Are they a fan of the players and being the hometown team or are they only a fan of the nickname itself?

I think it's more about outsiders coming in and insisting our team adheres to politically correct bs. Changing the name doesn't bother me, it's being judged as a bassackwards and/or racist person for supporting the "Redskins" logo. That's what annoys me...

Archived