Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grading Bruce Allen

andyburd

I don't think Danny will fire Shanahan. I really don't. He coveted him as his coach for so long that I think he will let this play out until a) it's either completely hopeless or B) Shanahan decides to retire either after great success or simple exhaustion.

Nah' date=' he's on a contract and if he doesn't produce he shouldn't be rewarded with a new contract. Its like I said, lack of accountability.

I personally like the strong GM model for a franchise, but I don't think that can work here. I also don't think a young, up and coming coach could work here. I think the only model that has ever shown any chance of working is the "star" coach who has complete control. It looked like it might eventually work under Marty. It kind of worked under Gibbs. We have not won games, but we've been somewhat coherent under Shanahan.

It seems like Danny needs one person to have all the control. Otherwise, he has too many access points to the day to day football operations.

Why not? It works on practically every other team. I mean pitt did it with Tomlin, Dallas continues to do it. Green Bay did it. San Fran did it. I mean, rebuilding takes time and you have to actually put effort into it, you can't just hire a bandaid coach and say 'everythings fine'. Thats what got us into this perpetual system of being the worse team in the NFC East.

Why not? It works on practically every other team. I mean pitt did it with Tomlin, Dallas continues to do it. Green Bay did it. San Fran did it. I mean, rebuilding takes time and you have to actually put effort into it, you can't just hire a bandaid coach and say 'everythings fine'. Thats what got us into this perpetual system of being the worse team in the NFC East.

It doesn't work in Dallas and it doesn't work here because of the owners. It works elsewhere because of the owners.

Since he bought the team, Jerry Jones has had two people capable of telling him no - Johnson and Parcells. Those two men set up the Cowboys for their own periods of success under Jones. Any success the Cowboys still have is just a remnant of what Parcells did. Those players are cycling out now.

We've never had any real success under Danny. The only chance of any success is a Shanahan type. The problem with this is: Shanahan types are rarely as good once they get all the power.

Unless RGIII becomes a simply overwhelming talent, I'm not we can ever really be a consistent winner under Danny.

It doesn't work in Dallas and it doesn't work here because of the owners. It works elsewhere because of the owners.

Since he bought the team' date=' Jerry Jones has had two people capable of telling him no - Johnson and Parcells. Those two men set up the Cowboys for their own periods of success under Jones. Any success the Cowboys still have is just a remnant of what Parcells did. Those players are cycling out now.

We've never had any real success under Danny. The only chance of any success is a Shanahan type. The problem with this is: Shanahan types are rarely as good once they get all the power.

Unless RGIII becomes a simply overwhelming talent, I'm not we can ever really be a consistent winner under Danny.[/quote']

Dallas has the same problem as the Skins. In many ways Jerry is Danny's role model. But if you take these teams (and the Raiders) as the exception then my point stands.

Archived