Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fordranger76's Offensive Line Statistics Thread

fordranger76

It was tough to see Polumbus take a big step backwards after it looked like he was progressing each week.

He had a bad game, hopefully it was a blip and not a signifier that he's reached the limit of his ability. We need to find another RT whether Polumbus gets better or not, as I don't see Brown staying with the team next year. I thought the offense looked pretty flat for much of the game, it's a good thing it's a bye week so the coach can sort out whatever is going on in their heads.

Looks like the right side of the line was having a hard time pass blocking this past weekend.

Interesting that they didn't connect on a lot of their run blocks... when we ran to the right side, Morris had a ton of options and some gaping holes to run through... we just need some more consistancy.

I think we are at a point now where we should see some more of the zone stretch play to both sides, because it's wide open on the run. We also need to work the bootleg in a little more. The line is performing well in that area, but Robert needs to get the ball out quicker on that boot. He normally has Logan wide open in the middle of the field for an easy first down but tends to hold on to the ball to see what happens with the deep route...

Thanks again Ford Ranger. Great stuff!

Looks like the right side of the line was having a hard time pass blocking this past weekend.

Interesting that they didn't connect on a lot of their run blocks... when we ran to the right side, Morris had a ton of options and some gaping holes to run through... we just need some more consistancy.

I think we are at a point now where we should see some more of the zone stretch play to both sides, because it's wide open on the run. We also need to work the bootleg in a little more. The line is performing well in that area, but Robert needs to get the ball out quicker on that boot. He normally has Logan wide open in the middle of the field for an easy first down but tends to hold on to the ball to see what happens with the deep route...

Thanks again Ford Ranger. Great stuff!

I do see the holes open up on the right side do not misunderstand me. And usually a lot of big gains can come out of that. You have to remember though that a few big gains to one side of the field doesn't mean consistency I am afraid. For every good thing Chester can do on one play he will screw 5 of them up. But here is the thing. One big gain can negate the overall play during the game. Just like a sack given up usually causes people to say THAT GUY SUCKS but infact at times its just a matter of a particular play on any given down. At least that is my theory haha. And I agree with the bootleg more and more. Robert is still a rookie and has made some mistakes and people tend to forget that he is still a rookie. One last thing. Morris makes our line look a whole lot better than it is. He does that with cutbacks and I think that is how we see the holes open up. Some lineman get pushed back into the play and Morris has enough ability to shift to the opposite side and snare a big play. He really is a thrill to watch back there closely.

• 2 weeks later...

Week 10 impressions. Trent was his normal sturdy self out there though he did give up a sack. Lichtensteiger looked bad and real bad in the run game. He was constantly getting pushed back during both run and passing plays. This has me worried. Montgomery had a passable performance though he seems to be slipping a bit from his work earlier in the year. Chester shocked me this week and had his best game of the season. So much so that after the season has concluded I am going to regrade the team and pay special attention to see how much Chester is helping Polumbus. Perhaps I have graded him unfairly. Now onto Polumbus. Yikes. He was under 50 percent pass blocking. Babin was putting him to work when he lined up against him with Chester helping Polumbus on darn near every pass play. We need an upgrade somehow somewhere.

Week 10 impressions. Trent was his normal sturdy self out there though he did give up a sack. Lichtensteiger looked bad and real bad in the run game. He was constantly getting pushed back during both run and passing plays. This has me worried. Montgomery had a passable performance though he seems to be slipping a bit from his work earlier in the year. Chester shocked me this week and had his best game of the season. So much so that after the season has concluded I am going to regrade the team and pay special attention to see how much Chester is helping Polumbus. Perhaps I have graded him unfairly. Now onto Polumbus. Yikes. He was under 50 percent pass blocking. Babin was putting him to work when he lined up against him with Chester helping Polumbus on darn near every pass play. We need an upgrade somehow somewhere.

Again, thanks for the hard work. I did notice Polumbus getting worked over most of the day on pass plays. I noticed they brought Paulsen over to help chip at times. Makes you wonder what the depth looks like if he's the starter!

• 3 weeks later...

Week 11 impressions. For the most part the line was solid in the pass blocking department. Trent had a bad wheel so him barely being under 80 percent is not a big deal. Polumbus still has some issues but he was capable. As for the running game I am getting worried about Lichtensteiger. Each week he seems to be missing run blocking assignments often getting pushed back into the play. Something to keep an eye on. Polumbus did not fair well either. Hopefully they get this cleaned up some for the next time they play the Boys.

---------- Post added December-8th-2012 at 01:10 PM ----------

Week 12 impressions. Pass blocking was outstanding and the score doesn't reflect what they did. Montgomery did not miss a single blocking attempt. Williams and Lichtensteiger only missed two. Chester was decent as well but once again Polumbus was bad. Running game wise it was a solid effort across the board with Lichtensteiger playing a bit better than he had the previous weeks which of course is an encouraging sign. I think overall this was the best blocking game of the season for our line and if it weren't for a fumble down by the 10 and the Giants dominance of the first half t.o.p. we would have scored a lot more points than we did. We had their number for this game line wise.

Archived