Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 CAA & FCS Playoffs Football Thread

bushwack

Which NFC Championship Game did you attend?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFC Championship Game did you attend?

• 1972 NFC Championship Game vs. Dallas, 26-3
    • 1982 NFC Championship Game vs. Dallas, 31-17
    • 1983 NFC Championship Game vs. San Francisco , 24-21
    • 1987 NFC Championship Game vs. Minnesota, 17-10
    • 1991 NFC Championship Game vs. Detroit, 41-10

How freakin' fun are college football playoffs? I just wish they were the "big boys" that were doing it. These games are fun to watch but tougher to follow because you don't know the majority of the players.

The sad thing is some of these teams are more than capable of beating the "big boys" and have done so this year and in previous ones.

It's a crock of **** when the NCAA comes out and says playoff football at the FBS level won't work because of academics. Then how does playoff football work at this level (FCS), Division II, & Division III? It's all about greed and money from bowls/sponsorships the NCAA is receiving from these companies that support bowl games.

The sad thing is some of these teams are more than capable of beating the "big boys" and have done so this year and in previous ones.

It's a crock of **** when the NCAA comes out and says playoff football at the FBS level won't work because of academics. Then how does playoff football work at this level (FCS), Division II, & Division III? It's all about greed and money from bowls/sponsorships the NCAA is receiving from these companies that support bowl games.

Nothing is about academics in collegiate athletics.

I love watching these games as a football purist, but it's tough as hell to get my buddies to sit down and watch them with me because they have no idea who they are. And understandably so.

http://collegesportsinfo.com/2012/11/30/college-of-charleston-to-join-caa-in-2013/

College of Charleston to Join CAA in 2013

After a month of negotiating with the CAA, College of Charleston has accepted an invitation to join the CAA for the 2013-2014 season. The move gives the CAA a school to replace Georgia St., VCU and ODU, which have already left or leaving next year. Charleston gains more recruiting and exposure in the northeast due to their association with the CAA.

FCS 2nd Round Playoff Results:

#4 ODU 63 vs. Coastal Carolina 35

#5 Georgia Southern 24 vs. Central Arkansas 16

Illinois State 38 vs. Appalachian State 37 in OT

Wofford 23 vs. New Hampshire 7

#1 North Dakota State 28 vs. South Dakota State 3

Sam Houston State 18 vs. Cal Poly 16

#2 Eastern Washington 29 vs. Wagner 19

#3 Montana State 16 vs. Stony Brook 10

FCS Quarterfinals Playoff Schedule:

Friday, December 7th:

Sam Houston State @ #3 Montana State 8:00 PM on ESPN2

Saturday, December 8th:

#5 Georgia Southern @ #4 ODU 12:00 PM on ESPN

Wofford @ #1 North Dakota State 3:00 PM

Illinois State @ #2 Eastern Washington 6:00 PM

FCS Quarterfinals Playoff Results:

Friday, December 7th:

Sam Houston State 34 vs. #3 Montana State 16

Saturday, December 8th:

#5 Georgia Southern 49 vs. #4 ODU 35

#1 North Dakota State 14 vs. Wofford 7

#2 Eastern Washington 51 vs. Illinois State 35

FCS Semifinals Playoff Results:

Friday, December 15th:

#1 North Dakota State 23 vs. #5 Georgia Southern 20

Saturday, December 16th:

Sam Houston State 45 vs. #2 Eastern Washington 42

FCS National Championship Game:

Saturday, January 5th 2013:

#1 North Dakota State vs. Sam Houston State 1:00 PM on ESPN2

• 8 months later...

Charlotte 49ers play first ever game on Sat. So pumped! They will quickly become the next Applalachian St. Mark it down.

Their first game is vs the Campbell Camels, coached by Mike Minter, former standout Panthers safety.

My prediction: PAIN!! Go Niners!

Excited for that Charlotte JMU game on the 21st. It'll be a good one 

The Charlotte 49ers are unstoppable! Going to win a title their first year. Yeah, I said it.

Win what title?  Unfortunately there's no title for them to win since they're an independent.

They'll have a good test next week @ JMU.  

I'm still upset with Charlotte and ODU about not playing this year or next year, I was looking forward to seeing the 49ers come to town in November.  

Win what title? Unfortunately there's no title for them to win since they're an independent.

They'll have a good test next week @ JMU.

I'm still upset with Charlotte and ODU about not playing this year or next year, I was looking forward to seeing the 49ers come to town in November.

They will wipe the field with JMU. You seen this team play? ODU don't want none either.

One odd thing I notice is they have "C-USA" on their field, but they are independent. That seems stupid to me.

Edit: dumbass for Chowan just fielded a punt from inside his OWN 5. He was tackled around the 2. Next play, safety. You would never know this team went 6-2 last year. And their QB needs a haircut. He has the Troy Polamalu look going on. He looks ridiculous. Not to mention, if I were a defender, I'd tackle him by his hair.

They will wipe the field with JMU. You seen this team play? ODU don't want none either.

One odd thing I notice is they have "C-USA" on their field, but they are independent. That seems stupid to me.

Edit: dumbass for Chowan just fielded a punt from inside his OWN 5. He was tackled around the 2. Next play, safety. You would never know this team went 6-2 last year. And their QB needs a haircut. He has the Troy Polamalu look going on. He looks ridiculous. Not to mention, if I were a defender, I'd tackle him by his hair.

We'll see next week at Harrisonburg how Charlotte does, it'll be interesting to see.

Charlotte doesn't want any of ODU right now.  We're going to kill Campbell (like always), but it would have been better to wipe the floor with you all on national television.

They have C-USA on the field just like ODU does because both are members of the conference, but with football there is a 2-year transition period from the FCS level and the same with a start up program.  Both schools are FCS independents this year, FBS independents next year, and in 2015 both will be full-fledged C-USA members able to win the C-USA title game and go to a bowl game.

ODU is playing a C-USA schedule next year and can compete in the C-USA title game (if we get there), but we would need a lot of domino's to fall in order to go to a bowl game, even if we were to win the C-USA title game next year.

It's great to see Charlotte doing well, but I wouldn't get overly excited yet.  They've played Campbell, who doesn't have scholarships and D2 Chowan...next week will be a solid test for you all.

Ok, now the C-USA thing makes sense.

I still think you're underestimating this club. They literally look like they are playing against hs teams. Last week at end of 1st quarter they led Campbell 22-0. This week they are up 19-0 at the end of 1. Seriously, they could have put up 100 on Campbell, had they not called off the dogs. This team is a machine.

Archived