Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Want to see good Playcalling?

Give Patrick and LC and Rod and Ladell and the OL a couple more seasons together, as Manning and Harrison and Edge have had ... and give SS a couple more season to really and truly mold his system to the NFL ... and I don't think there will be a more dangerous or difficult offense to defend in the league than the Redskins.

The Colts O features guys who have Been There.

We have guys who are still just Getting There. ;)

The reason we stopped passing was that we had the big lead and the defense was playing well. Also we had a TD drive in which we called nothing but running plays. So we were running well. There is no need to make Ramsey face that weird Billichek stuff when he doesnt have to. I thought Spurrier did fine calling a safe game later on.

I thought Edwards was the one blowing it with that prevent defense

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

Watch the Indy vs. NO game on ESPN right now.

You can see the Colts keeping that foot on the Saints neck.

They're keeping the pressure on and it's a great thing to watch.

This reminds me of a paradox I've observed with Spurrier's Redskin offense.

As has been demonstrated, Spurrier is running what may be the NFL's #1 big-pass offense.

But this same offense is rather ineffective with the short pass. The WCO is so reliable with the short pass that they use it like running plays. In no way am I advocating a WCO, but it's puzzling that we can't execute these short completions reliably enough.

This is one reason I wouldn't mind seeing Morton lined up as a WR for short passes. Gardner and McCants aren't getting the short-passing game done with sufficient reliability. If they were, we could mix the run and the short pass more effectively in putting games away.

Originally posted by Om

Give Patrick and LC and Rod and Ladell and the OL a couple more seasons together, as Manning and Harrison and Edge have had ... and give SS a couple more season to really and truly mold his system to the NFL ... and I don't think there will be a more dangerous or difficult offense to defend in the league than the Redskins.

The Colts O features guys who have Been There.

We have guys who are still just Getting There. ;)

:cheers:

The truth is we are getting spoiled already. :laugh:

Before the season started we knew there would be rough spots to work over. Now that we have had a taste of what is possible, we want it all overnight.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

:cheers:

The truth is we are getting spoiled already. :laugh:

Before the season started we knew there would be rough spots to work over. Now that we have had a taste of what is possible, we want it all overnight.

I won't go as far as to call us spoiled :)

But you have a point. The way I see it is that we all secretly feared (despite our necessary preseason bravado) that we'd suck, in the great decade-long tradition of sucking. Now that its evident to all of us we clearly aren't going to suck, we can see the potential of this team. We no longer want to wait a year or two. The playoffs now damnit. I'm leading the Lemming parade.

Follow me guys! Its just a short jaunt over that thar hill to the promised land. I swear. Trust me. Tally ho!

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

This reminds me of a paradox I've observed with Spurrier's Redskin offense.

As has been demonstrated, Spurrier is running what may be the NFL's #1 big-pass offense.

But this same offense is rather ineffective with the short pass. The WCO is so reliable with the short pass that they use it like running plays. In no way am I advocating a WCO, but it's puzzling that we can't execute these short completions reliably enough.

This is one reason I wouldn't mind seeing Morton lined up as a WR for short passes. Gardner and McCants aren't getting the short-passing game done with sufficient reliability. If they were, we could mix the run and the short pass more effectively in putting games away.

Dude. You're starting to win me over on the Helton thing, although the season is still young and the line could still get on a roll. But complaining about our short passes? Come on!

Do you hava any idea how many brilliant short passes we have completed? I think what's throwing you off here is the fact that so many of our short passes have gone for big gains and first downs. :laugh:

Originally posted by beer belly billy

If that were the skins calling pass plays with that lead,everyone would be on spuriers a$$ about how he was running up the score.

Worse. If he were calling pass plays with that lead and we had one picked off, everyone would be calling for his egotistical, pass happy head on a silver platter. :laugh:

Originally posted by bubba9497

Plus Manning is the best in the league right now.

I think I'd like to see him win a playoff game before I would call him the best in the league. There are AT LEAST 5 QBs I would take ahead of him to start a big game.

I think that some of the struggles to consistantly move the ball are the result of Ramsey's inexperience.

The second down play on the last drive is indicative of that. After a 4 yard run, there was a pass called to the running back in the flat. Not a bad play, because it seemed like a safe pass and could create a little more room after being backed up. One more first down, and the Skins could run out the clock.

But the linebacker on that side blitzed and came unblocked because the RB was running to the flat.

The result of the play was that Ramsey barely avoided a sack and heaved the ball toward the sideline for an incomplete pass.

However, a more experienced QB would have seen that blitz coming, would have anticipated it, and would have gotten rid of the ball more quickly. The linebacker was clearly in Ramsey's view. It wasn't from his blindside. And the running back was open because the rolled over coverage was late getting there. Instead of completing his drop, Ramsey should have release the ball after one of two steps, as soon as he saw the linebacker cross the line of scrimmage. Sometimes, in a situation like that, footwork and technique get thrown out the window to make a play.

While Ramsey avoided a huge negative play, he didn't capitalize on an opportunity, either. The Skins HAVE to be able to sustain drives, and you can't do it simply running the ball all the time. I'm am pleased with his progress, but it's little things like that which only time and experience which teach him.

Well said Mad Mike!

Spurrier finally gets it. There is a reason we are 3-1 its called running the ball and controlling the clock. we have a great team in the making and we must take what the defenses give us. I would love to see multiple touchdowns every game. But it looks like that will come in time. :40oz:

Think about this way as well, the less passing plays the less Ramsey is on his back. There is a notion called protecting and saving your QB that is important. I am happy if we sit on a lead that gives Ramsey time to get healthy. We need him to play every game for us to have a chance of making the playoffs.

Archived