Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOW| Niles Paul Following in Shannon Sharpe's Footsteps May Not Be as Crazy as it Sounds

rd421

Who is the bigger d-bag?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the bigger d-bag?

• Roger Goddell
    • DeMaurice Smith

Oh, I stopped engaging LL in talk about Cooley on this thread awhile ago :yes:...this latest dust up was about him claiming I was talking about him, TK and JSteelz when I wasn't. I've explained twice now, in detail, and that's more than enough so I've stopped on that subject as well lol...

I agree with you that this SHOULD have been a thread about Paul...I had said that I wished the OP hadn't mentioned Cooley at all, because discussing Paul's possibilities of succeeding at TE have zero to do with Cooley, and definitely has zero to do with fans who think Cooley can still make the team if healthy. There have been numerous times when I think all of us on this thread have attempted to steer the convo to Paul only, but nobody really responds to those posts, unfortunately lol...

Not to be a wiseguy, because I can see you just want to talk about Paul. However, out of curiosity, do you believe Cooley has no chance to make the team?????

---------- Post added June-4th-2012 at 12:56 AM ----------

Who's word did you get that from?

When has his toughness ever been a question?

You have to go back and click on the link, and read the article - clearly questions his toughness. AGAIN THOUGH - im not necessarily questiong it. The article says that one of the biggest arguments they have heard about Paul playing tight end is being "tough" enough to block and do the dirty work. However, he gained a few pounds so now this wont be a problem. LMAO - I dont see how gaining a few pounds makes anybody tougher - I never said Niles Paul wasnt tough. I never said he was tough either - I like most everybody else in the free world havent seen enough of this guy to say whether he is a tough NFL player or not? Let me see the guy take one hit before I put him on the all tough - guy team ................

---------- Post added June-4th-2012 at 01:03 AM ----------

Instead of leaving Chris Cooleys name out of this thread, maybe we should have left Shannon Sharpes name out of it. In my mind it makes a lot more sense to talk about the guy who he might be taking the roster spot of, as opposed to a hall of famer (considering he has never played one down at the position!)

The article says that one of the biggest arguments they have heard about Paul playing tight end is being "tough" enough to block and do the dirty work.

Watching him take on blocks in the run game and on teams, no one needs to question Paul's toughness or willingness to stick his head in there. In fact, it's probably what gave the coaches the idea in the first place. I do wonder if he's big enough, even with this extra ten pounds, to go up against 300 pound ends or 260 pound linebackers week in and week out.

ExtremeSkins: Where a thread about a full moon means that the Sun is being persecuted.

and not to mention that all the other planets are now up for review and cloudy days are highlighted! LOL

I would love to have Cooley on the team for his entire career, but I want to see another Lombardi trophy in DC more. While there is always an attachment with certain players to the fan base, my attachment is with the Washington Redskins! Players come and go, its the way it is.

well the bottom line regarding Cooley, or for anybody actually, is that we are going to go through training camp and a few preseason games and see who remains upright and who gets injured. Then we will see who has been producing and who isn't. If Davis and Paul look outstanding and beat out Cooley great. If Chris can't play he gets cut. If he also looks outstanding, possibly the Skins trade him to a team that he burns during the preseason. Maybe Cooley has a great game against Chicago and the Redskins get a 4th round pick. I mean, who knows. But either way, the Redskins do appear to have a solid tight end competition and I would not look for this to be a position of need as we head toward New Orleans.

Archived