Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the official musicians thread

joeknows

Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the Drum Solos/Percussion Celebration Thread, but here's a little jam I recorded with a buddy over the weekend, hopefully you guitarists can appreciate it as well.

We're both a little rusty and this is our first jam in a while and first time recording anything in years, but it felt really good to lay something down.

https://soundcloud.com/ffxdrummer/doug-and-dan-jam

Equipment:

Drums

Roland TD-6V drums.

Guitar

Beats me, the kind with strings?

The bass lick is a stock loop from my drum module. There are 4 separate guitar tracks layered on there, 2 rhythm, 1 pad and the lead part.

Comments are welcome, but I really just wanted to share with the community and hope you guys like it. It's short, it's not world-class, but it's ours and it made us happy! I'd love to hear what other Extremeskins members have recorded, and I hope I have more of this post in the future.

I liked it man sounded good

Started playing Violin when I was 3 and played until I was 15. Picked up the Guitar at age 12 and have not looked back. Never really had the money to be a real gear snob, but I have gotten lucky a couple times and ended up with a couple quite nice guitars, and several "decent" ones. Right now I work at a music store and have access to PRS (don't like at all) Fender (not really my thing either) and ESP/LTD, with a couple Ibanez guitars thrown in.Amp wise it's Fender (GREAT clean tone) Line 6 (Spider IV is a good practice amps, Spider Valve is a decent tube head, it lacks something though DT series is expensive but is fantastic) Blackstar (OMG these things are awesome) Mesa Boogie along with a couple Bogners and Splawns. Band wise I usually stick to 80's Rock/Metal because where I live Prog and Jazz Fusion are dead. I'll try to get some pic os my gear up later. A couple of instrumentals I wrote several years ago..

Archived