Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Night's Chalk Talk (8/8)

Redskins Ruckus

I'd say if that scenario presents itself... you take the best player available who is ready to start. That player is likely to be a Claiborne, who would be your number one cornerback or a Riley Reiff, who could step in and play RT immediately.

You can't reach for Tannehill at 6... that's WAY too risky...

FYI... the last player to get drafted with as much starting experience at QB as Tannehill was Mark Sanchez... and don't give me the Cam Newton argument, you can count that year of JuCo where he won a National Championship....

I'd actually be ok with Claiborne, mainly because he would remove the need for us to pursue a CB in FA, and would be much cheaper than the best guys out there. Right now if we wanted one of the better CBs in the league here, we'd be dishing out 8 mil+ a year, which, with Hall's contract, is probably wayyy too high for the position. Claiborne probably would have a rookie contract around 3 mil a year, and that 5 mil difference could go towards any number of FA pickups. Reiff I'm less enamored with. Sure, he'd be a big upgrade at RT, but I just don't like us going tackle twice in three years, especially when the cap difference between Reiff vs. the best FAs (who, admittedly, aren't great) is very small. I just hope Tampa doesn't take Claiborne off the board at 5.

If Claiborne isn't there, and I'm choosing between Reiff and trading down, I probably trade down.

And yeah, I take a 1st round QB (of which there should be 3-4 next year) in 2013 over Tannehill at 6 all day everyday. I'd rather trade for McCoy, or grab Orton or Henne off the free market this year. If Shanahan grabs Tannehill at 6 he's made his play for QB, and sadly it's a pretty poor play.

The fact Danny Smith was even in the building is enough to crush my confidence.

Get that loser out of here.

~Bang

I bet he was chomping on a piece of gum the whole time. Such an annoying ass.

---------- Post added March-9th-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

I think you are buying into the fan "anti-hype". If Smith was that bad Shannahan would can him. The reality is that he is a well respected coach without a lot to work with. He can't coach up a player to be Devon Hester and he cant make anyone an accurate kicker. All he can do is teach principles, coverages, and technique.

Unfortunately after years of frustration, this fanbase want's scapegoats and what they want they find. Damn the reality.

This

I wouldn't poke the Tiger with a stick if I were you. :pfft: Bang is the Tiger and Danny Smith is his stick. :ols:

I bet he was chomping on a piece of gum the whole time. Such an annoying ass.

---------- Post added March-9th-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

I wouldn't poke the Tiger with a stick if I were you. :pfft: Bang is the Tiger and Danny Smith is his stick. :ols:

Can't disagree around here? :ols:

I think you are buying into the fan "anti-hype". If Smith was that bad Shannahan would can him. The reality is that he is a well respected coach without a lot to work with. He can't coach up a player to be Devon Hester and he cant make anyone an accurate kicker. All he can do is teach principles, coverages, and technique.

Unfortunately after years of frustration, this fanbase want's scapegoats and what they want they find. Damn the reality.

Mie, I am partly responsible for the fan hate this guy gets.

I keep hearing how awesome coaches think he is.

But no one can ever point me to any results on the fields that indicates why.

(and it's a topic for another thread,, i just can't resist. His special teams are a severe weakness, and I would like nothing better this offseason than to see him removed.)

~Bang

Archived