Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sighhhhh. Here comes the resume fun.....

IONTOP

Yea, if a job is "Entry Level" shouldn't the company look for the right person in which to train as opposed to just someone whom has done it before, so is then qualified? I'm not calling Spiff out, though. I'm just trying to make sense of the "Entry Level" aspect.

It's always good to be able to discuss transferable skills and legit willingness in a nicely written cover letter. Moot if you can't even get the resume in order, though.

They should. And sometimes we've been able to sell our clients on a candidate just based on their aptitude. Some candidates have had less than that 1-2 years experience and we've placed them anyway. However, their experience is relatable to the positions they're applying for.

I'm a recruiter for my friends start up company and I'm mortified by some of the resumes (and cover letters) I've seen.

Do some people not read the job descriptions? For our jr. level and entry level roles, they clearly say 1-2 years experience. No, driving a ****ing forklift for 8 years doesn't qualify you for the position, stop wasting my time.

hahahaha I see it all the time as well. I think the worst are the people who are very qualified in there skill set (ie Java Developers) but can't write a resume to save their lives. I often have to fix it for them because Java developers are harder and harder to find in this area.

hahahaha I see it all the time as well. I think the worst are the people who are very qualified in there skill set (ie Java Developers) but can't write a resume to save their lives. I often have to fix it for them because Java developers are harder and harder to find in this area.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. Do you want a good java developer or do you want a good resume developer? ;)

Getting really annoyed out of this as every "entry-level" job in my career field requires at least 2 years professional experience.

Yes, I have been scatter-gunning 10,000 resumes.

You basically have to work somewhere free (internship) or for very low wages for a couple of years before people in the industry will take you seriously. It's better to accept that, get through those years just like school and then you're good. If you're smart you can manage to wrangle college credits for the intern work.

Why submit a resume without a phone number anywhere on it or anywhere in your email? Why would you make it harder for someone to reach you?

Also, if your name is something like Tariq Muhammad Al-Aziz, don't make it so your email name shows up in my Outlook as "John Smith." It's not like that's doing anything to build credibility or wanting to make me trust you.

I'm a recruiter for my friends start up company and I'm mortified by some of the resumes (and cover letters) I've seen.

Do some people not read the job descriptions? For our jr. level and entry level roles, they clearly say 1-2 years experience. No, driving a ****ing forklift for 8 years doesn't qualify you for the position, stop wasting my time.

People apply for jobs to:

1) just apply for a job no matter the requirements

2) to let Unemployment know what jobs they applied for so they can keep getting their benefits.

Archived