Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was Rex pulled because he was sick?

2cents

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and wondering if people in the know can help me out. I had pneumonia a couple of years ago and have never felt worse in my life. Rex went into the hospital right after the Eagle game IIRC. I think that he was pulled in the game because Shanny knew he was sick, and hasn't played since because he was too sick and weak to play. Now he is better and he is back starting. I don't think this is a coincedence. What do people closer to the sitch think/know about this??

I think your over thinking things man.

Rex stunk the joint up, so in came Beck as Shanahan at least gave the perception he was trying to change things up and win this year; and in the process got to look at the more or less unseen Beck at this level.

Now Beck's stunk the joint up worse than Grossman, the later's back in. When Interceptus Rexus stinks up the joint as badly as his first quarter performance, as he doubtless will; I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Beck see the year out.

Roll on next April so we no longer have to even contemplate such a horrible situation again for a very long time.

Hail.

I can actually see the Colts selecting Luck and the redskins taking on Mannings monster contract.

I can actually see that being the final straw for many fans, myself included. I just hope that this isn't what Shanny meant by "building a team the right way".

Is there anyway trading for a 38 yr old injured QB isn't a shortcut?

Anyways, on topic. Rex was pulled because he was awful vs the Eagles. Anything aside from that is mere speculation.

No or Shanahan would have said that.

yeah, just like he said that Grossman's start was because Niles Paul and Jamal Brown were out with injuries.

---------- Post added November-16th-2011 at 05:14 PM ----------

I wouldnt be so sure. Shanny is so stubborn he won't select a QB and stock up the DL.

I can actually see the Colts selecting Luck and the redskins taking on Mannings monster contract.

:doh:

yeah, just like he said that Grossman's start was because Niles Paul and Jamal Brown were out with injuries.

---------- Post added November-16th-2011 at 05:14 PM ----------

:doh:

Maybe he lied? Remember everything Shanahan says has a reason. That reason is always well thought out and invariably the right decision for this town, fanbase, and football team.
Ha! Yeah right...Shanny's words are about as reliable as my first car!

It would have avoided a lot of controversy. Benching someone for their play is much more controversial than benching them for an injury/illness.

If he had that option, he would have taken it.

He took him out because he threw four picks and singlehandedly lost us the game.

I can actually see that being the final straw for many fans, myself included. I just hope that this isn't what Shanny meant by "building a team the right way".

Is there anyway trading for a 38 yr old injured QB isn't a shortcut?

Anyways, on topic. Rex was pulled because he was awful vs the Eagles. Anything aside from that is mere speculation.

Although I agree, Peyton is 35 and will be 36 by next season. I dont know why I keep hearing people refer to his age as 38.

Rex Grossman had a horrible game against the Eagles. That is why he was pulled. I'm sure Shanahan now wishes that Grossman's illness became evident sooner. That could have saved him a lot of trouble. He could have gotten a good look at Beck without much controversy.

I saw no reports of illness until during the Carolina game broadcast when the announcers stated that Grossman wasn't on the sideline because he was getting IVs in the locker room, but that he would be available if Beck were injured. He went into the hospital after the Carolina game and was out before the Buffalo game. Depending on the severity of his illness, I doubt he would have been well enough to play against Buffalo even though he suited up. He may have been well enough against San Fran.

Archived