Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Coaching

NAZology

worst call of the day: onsides kick with 5 minutes left.

thats the worst call of mikes tenure IMO. i have never seen a dumber call in his time here.

I don't know about that. You're down by multiple scores. I say try to get the ball back and maybe you preserve your timeouts. You kick it off, you have to waste the TO's at the 5 min mark & still needing 2 possessions. Even if the Skins were to stop them (like that was going to happen), no Team is dumb enough to kick the ball to the one player the Skins have that can score from 70 yards out. The Offense would then have to score on a long drive with only a 2 min stoppage? not going to happen, they don't have the game breakers to score in short order.

i agree that coaching is partly to blame here. look at buffalos defense, i cant name u 1 person. they are turnover creating monsters, and absolutely destroyed vick. they also contained brady. i think that was all defensive play calling and players understanding their job. but u cant rule out the fact that our players dont execute. some times haslett calls the perfect play, only to have the players fail. that big run by cam yesterday, we had 3 complete whiffs. thats not the coaches fault when a player misses a tackle. more times than not its execution that fails and not coaching.

Our defense sucks and we go for it on 4th and 2 or whatever that was. What the hell is Shanahan thinking. We have plenty of problems but If you had that much confidence in your offense you wouldn't even be in that situation because you'd have the damn first down already.

I just don't understand going for it there. I could make this post a lot longer but that was dumb.

What did you expect him to do? Punt the ball away or try to make it which would maybe provide the offense some confidence or create a spark. The offense is not clicking at all and they need to find something to get them started. Something to build on and provide some positive things instead of going 3 and out almost every time they take the field. I like the call and I would have done it sooner. They need to work on a hurry up offense to provide something different to keep their defense off balance and ours off the field.

Archived