Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Coaching

NAZology

Our defense sucks and we go for it on 4th and 2 or whatever that was. What the hell is Shanahan thinking. We have plenty of problems but If you had that much confidence in your offense you wouldn't even be in that situation because you'd have the damn first down already.

I just don't understand going for it there. I could make this post a lot longer but that was dumb.

bad coaching by haslett today. we respected newton way too much for a rookie. newtons whole premise is that when hes pressured he makes stupid mistakes. we let him sit back there all day and pick us apart with no big blitzes. no 0 coverages today, no house blitzes, no real heat aside from early on in the game.

this whole team sucks as a whole and we will not win a lot this season, so get used to games like this people. we are headed for the cellar again, and hopefully a good enough pick that we can fix some of these holes.

How about Kyle, some of the play calls in the first half really left you scratching your head....Running for 7 to 8 yards a play, and then two back to back Shotgun calls on 3rd and 4th down? Why do we not stick with our bread and butter? Its obvious we can block for the run better then we can block for the pass.

there's so many young' date=' creative, up-and-coming coaches in the league. We stick with boring, stale and unimaginative fundamentalists. The league is constantly 3 steps ahead of Redskins coaches.[/quote']

Kyle Shanahan is a young, creative, up-and-coming coach. You know who else fits that description? Josh McDaniels.

Our defense sucks and we go for it on 4th and 2 or whatever that was. What the hell is Shanahan thinking. We have plenty of problems but If you had that much confidence in your offense you wouldn't even be in that situation because you'd have the damn first down already.

I just don't understand going for it there. I could make this post a lot longer but that was dumb.

A lack of confidence in the defense is one of the reasons you could use to justify going for it on 4th down. It was a reasonable call to make, even if the result of the play did not turn out in our favor.

Like the idea of going for it but i would of rather seen Ryan T run.

Torain is the most likely out of all of our backs to get a loss on any given run play.

Kyle Shanahan is a young, creative, up-and-coming coach. You know who else fits that description? Josh McDaniels.

Really? Because all I see is unbelievably, mind-numbingly dull offense that plays to none of our strengths whatsoever.

I just dont get how you can blame coaches when they just dont have the personnel yet. Our QB wouldnt start for alot of college teams. Lets give them another offseason (hopefully they get their QB in this upcoming draft) before we even start to think about looking elsewhere.

worst call of the day: onsides kick with 5 minutes left.

thats the worst call of mikes tenure IMO. i have never seen a dumber call in his time here.

I don't know about that.

We're down two scores with five minutes left against an offense that can run and pass wherever and whenever they want.

The onside kick gives us a chance.

How about Kyle, some of the play calls in the first half really left you scratching your head....Running for 7 to 8 yards a play, and then two back to back Shotgun calls on 3rd and 4th down? Why do we not stick with our bread and butter? Its obvious we can block for the run better then we can block for the pass.

That was actually the beginning of the second half where we lost momentum and never got it back. Getting Kyle to rely on the run is like pulling teeth

I just dont get how you can blame coaches when they just dont have the personnel yet. Our QB wouldnt start for alot of college teams. Lets give them another offseason (hopefully they get their QB in this upcoming draft) before we even start to think about looking elsewhere.

We can't start thinking elsewhere. Its Shanny or nothing. I don't think anyone would want to come here. Mike has to right this wrong.

I don't know about that.

We're down two scores with five minutes left against an offense that can run and pass wherever and whenever they want.

The onside kick gives us a chance.

again, way too much respect to a rookie QB. id have told haslett to just bring the house and roll the dice. the chances of recovering an onside are so small, youre better off stopping them on D. that also gives banks a real chance to take one to the house.

onsides there is saying "we give up". not a fan of that one.

it's easy to say that. Unless you put them on another team it's harder to prove it. Of our tackles one was a high draft pick someone else would have taken, two started for other teams. Chester was at least a part timers with the Ravens. Moss and Gaffney started for other teasm. Cooley is a pro bowler and Davis is looking better than him

Oh dont get me wrong I am in no way saying there is a one to one correlation between the coaches and the lost....... the players lost it but some of the calls were just hard to swallow...

again, way too much respect to a rookie QB. id have told haslett to just bring the house and roll the dice. the chances of recovering an onside are so small, youre better off stopping them on D. that also gives banks a real chance to take one to the house.

onsides there is saying "we give up". not a fan of that one.

We gave them seven scoring drives. The chance of stopping them was nil. Banks is a complete waste of a roster space and has been for over a month.

I'm on the opposite end; kicking it deep is saying that we give up.

We play a rookie and the blitz Landry from the edges?! You blitz a rookie or any scrambling QB up the middle---why because it works. Beck played well his receivers failed him maybe they should be catching basketballs. Stretch running works with big athletic Lineman---we are anemic with such talent.Kyle Shanahan is a child playing Tecmo bowl and his daddy will not send him to his room=Dysfunctional.

Archived